Search results

  1. M

    Sherlock Hemlock and the Haunted Forrest

    One day, Ernie was walkign down the street, when he saw a trail of jellybeans. "Oh, wow", said Ernie, "a jellybean trail! I wonder where they lead to. In order to fidn out, I'll need to find a detective!" And then, right on cue, Sherlock Hemlock and his faitful dog, Watson, appeared...
  2. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    The new podcast episode is Expert. Featuring: The Word on the Street: Expert Elmo talks about what he'd like to be when he grows up (was this a sketch ont eh show, or made for this podcast? it includes clips from other Elmo sketches) a girl visits her granfather, an expert chocolate...
  3. M

    Empire acquires rights to Jim Henson screenplay

    I saw the poll, and although I voted that itwouldn't be worth doing if Disney and Sesame Workshop don't give permission for the use of their characters, I would have voted for the first three chocies. But if this ends up being made, maybe there will be demand for new documentaries and...
  4. M

    Empire acquires rights to Jim Henson screenplay

    Is Empire owned by Disney or any major studios? I looked up Empire on wikipedia, but couldn't find any pages. A page listing film distributors lists Empire, but it's redlinked. I have thought for years that there should be a JIm Henson movie. After Disney bought the Muppets, I thought that...
  5. M

    Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

    This site is really good. I wonder if this is the really cool top secret project that Dave Goelz and others have mentioned. I like the dance sequence with Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo. That's a little like how I would have expected the opening for the unmade new Muppet show that was planned for Fox...
  6. M

    Don Music

    I wonder why the Don Music sketches didn't have the newsflash logo. The "Mary Had a Bicycle" sketch began with Kermit referring to it as the cultural part of the Sesame Street News program.
  7. M

    Febuary Fools Day News

    Oh, crud! I'd thought of another "prank", weeks ago, and forgot to include it in my post yesterday. I was going to write that Sesame Workshop was going to allow fans to vote for their favorite video clips that are available on the Sesame Street online video player, and that the top 22 most voted...
  8. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #42 - Late-Night Muppets

    That Dick Cavett Show episode was good. Muppet Wiki claism that the appearance was promoting The Frog Princve and the Muppet Alphabet Album, but while The Frog Prince was promoted, I didn't see any mention of The Muppet Alphabet Album, just performances of a few songs. I wonder if My Favorite...
  9. M

    Febuary Fools Day News

    There were a few joke articles that I'd considered putting here, but forgot. One was a report that the Mupets would host this sunday's Super Bowl halftime show. The other was a "press release" announcing the proposed "Jim Henson's Early Works" DVD.
  10. M

    performers performing two monotones

    I've noticed that in several sketches with Little Jerry and the Monotones, it looks like two of the monotones are always being performed by the same performer. Does it look this way to any of you? Of course, the monotones rarely move their arms on their (or, perhaps more accurately, their...
  11. M

    Forgetful Jones and Buster

    I've seen a few Forgetful Jones semgnets recently, and I've noticed that when Buster appears with Forgetful, he doesn't interract with Forgetful much, and is usually used as a punchline for a sketch (in the sketch where Clementine helsp Forgetful Jones to brush his teeth, it ends with it looking...
  12. M

    Henson's Early Works on DVD!

    The Muppets on Puppets is supposed to be included on the upcomming The Muppet Show: Season Three boxed set. And a lot of the productions you proposed are owned by Disney, not Henson (then again, the majority of programs listed are owned by other companies, and I am confident that Henson will get...
  13. M

    Febuary Fools Day News

    Happy Febuary Fools Day! Okay, so it's not an official holiday, but it is the first of the month, so I'm treating Febuary the first like I would April the first. And now here are some febuary foolish news reports: Vintage Sesame Collection Comming Soon Genius Products and Sesame Workshop...
  14. M

    Top 5 Retired Sesame Street Muppets

    It would also be great if Little Jerry and the Monotones were brought back.
  15. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    The newest episode focuses on the word "Amazing". Contents include: The Word on the Street and Word of the Day explanations for "amazing" Number Three Ball Film (powder version, with Murray voice-over, the word "amazing" superimposed into the segment, and counting voice-overs cut out)...
  16. M

    The irony of Wayne and Wanda

    There are a lot of characters whom they were never seen speaking to. They never even interracted with Sam the Eagle.
  17. M

    The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

    Yeah, a lot of the info there is stuff we could find elsewhere, before the set was released (as long as we knew where to look). Muppet Wiki wasn't around yet. I wish that the morsels included info on who wrote what particular scene and storyline. Jerry Juhl and Dave Goelz wrote some of the...
  18. M

    Top 5 Retired Muppets

    1. Lips 2. Thog 3. George the Janitor 4. Digit 5. Seymour I wasn't sure if Lew Zealand, Beauregard, or Crazy Harry should be counted. Lew and Harry were in The Muppets Wizard of Oz. Then again, Beauregard was last seen in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, from six years ago.
  19. M

    Top 5 Retired Sesame Street Muppets

    1. Biff and Sully (yeah, counts as two, but who cares?) 2. Lefty 3. Herry Monster 4. Bruno 5. Forgetful Jones
  20. M

    The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

    Well, all three sets have significantly different bonus features. The first one had the secodn pilot, the pitch reel, a few promos, and Muppet Morsels on every episode. The second set had another pilot, interviews with the Muppets, and a music video. And this one has two documentaries. It'll be...
Top