Search results

  1. M

    MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

    I think it's a bit sad that the doozers seem to just be random doozers, not Cotterpin (or The Architect, or Flang, or Wignut, or Wrench). However, I guess it wouldn't be too bad buying many boxes of Doozers. Then people could have many generic doozers. Too bad the other characters don't have...
  2. M

    The Muppets go to the Movies end credits

    Did The Muppets go to the Movies have a different closing credits sequence in america than it did in england? I feel like I've read something about this before, but can't remember where.
  3. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    question for Jim Did you write any of the video material used in the main menu sections of The Muppet Show season sets?
  4. M

    Anything on Volume 3?

    themed groupings This would make for a good selection of bonus clips themed around a certain topic. Counting Count it Higher One Song (Song of One) Pinball Number Count #9 Jazz #10 Kermit counts Twiddlebugs Kermit draws a 2 Mad Painter #2 Sesame Street News: The Count counts Three...
  5. M

    Betsy Bird Appreciation Thread

    You know, I've never seen her one musical number, or the 1920s tribute sketch (where she supposedly appears). I've never heard her voice. I have nothing to say about her. Fletcher Bird is much better. It's a shame that she didn't at least return for background appearances, such as in the...
  6. M

    Anything on Volume 3?

    I have been wondering if there would be bonus clips if an Old School set were to not focus on certain years, but instead if the sets included random episodes or multi-part epsiodes. Instead of having bonus segments grouped by year, it would be great if bonus segments were grouped by characters...
  7. M

    Anything on Volume 3?

    That does sound like a good idea. I wonder if Sesame Workshop would go for it. I've read elsewhere that it's a pain to upload a 30 minute program online (and each episode is twice as long), and I wonder if Sesame Workshop has to negotiate residuals for free online clips. Still, even though...
  8. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    question for jim lewis The Muppet website video clips are good, if a bit short (they seem shorter than the average Mupet Show or Muppets Tonight sketches). However, I've noticed that so far the videos mostly feature just a few of the main characters, along with The Newsman and some rats and...
  9. M

    The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

    Also, music rights are often different for TV broadcasts and DVD releases, and TV commercials are often broadcast. I think I've read that the Helen Reddy episode features a brief scene where Animal and The Swedish Chef sing Happy Birthday. I hope that Disney has the money to include that...
  10. M

    Anything on Volume 3?

    There were five test pilots for Sesame Street. Another thing that could be done, would be for volume 3 to just include the scene where Big Bird and the adults discuss Mr. Hooper's death as a season 15 classic cut. I'd rather have the whole epsidoe, but from what I've read, not much else of...
  11. M

    The Muppets Valentine Show

    It is a really good special. Considering this was apilot, I wonder if Jim Henson ever intended on using the same setting for The Muppet Show (the set looks appropriate for valentine day... Would it look out of place if it wasn't promoting valentine day?). I really like Wally, and Droop, and...
  12. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #44 - Lotsa Feed-a-back-a

    I couldn' figure out how to vote for a guest to interview. I went to the MuppetCast website, and clicked on Kevin Clahs, but didn't see anything that said to submit vote. Anyway, I hope that you interview Kevin Clash. And if you do, make sure you ask about the majority of his characters...
  13. M

    The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

    I wonder what's meant by "original commercials". I doubt it will be commercials produced especially for the set. But I wonder if they will just be promors for The Muppet Show, or if they will be early commercials for such early products as Purina Dog Chow, the Ideal Muppet dolls, and others, or...
  14. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    This weeks podcast: Practice. This weeks segmnets: Word on the Street: Practice Film: two kids talk about whistling Word of the Day: Practice with Jon Stewart cartoon: a girl in a painting talks about her piano lesson Grover asks a girl if she plays any instruments Cartoon: a cowboy...
  15. M

    Anything on Volume 3?

    I wonder if Sesame Workshop has an official cutoff date for the Old School sets. And if Sesame Workshop gets to that date, will the sets discontinue, or will Sesame Workshop go back to 1969, or will shows from earlier years be randomly chosen? I'd be surprised if current shows eventually become...
  16. M

    Empire acquires rights to Jim Henson screenplay

    Unless he remembers certain things differently (like how many official Henson sources have incorrectly stated that Kermit first became a frog in The Frog Prince).
  17. M

    Is the Release of SST DVD's with New Material being hurt by the Writer's Strike?

    Well, it's been announced that there will be a new Sesame Street DVD, with new footage, coming out this september. It's called Dinosaurs, and will feature both new and old content. So I guess the writers strike hasn't affected these types of productions (of course, I've also read that the strike...
  18. M

    Sesame Street: Dinosaurs DVD Coming May 13, 2008

    I read about this at Muppet Wiki. At first I thought it would be a release of the street stories where the cast meet Herb the Dinosaur and where Elmo wants his own pet dinosaur, but if it's all-new then I'll be surprised if those ar eincluded. I wonder what segments will be included. There...
  19. M

    MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

    The blind packaging is a bad idea. The collectable letter accessories don't make sense if they are blind boxed. And if the packaging is blind boxed, then why not include some obscure characters (like Cantus or Wander McMooch) in the first series?
  20. M

    Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

    Many clips have been added over the first few months that it's been online. Sesame Workshop plans on including more soon. I would like for more first seaosn clips to be included, though what is there is great. There are a lot of rare ones that I've heard of (thanks to the CTW Archives having...
Top