Search results

  1. M

    Grover and friends count to 2

    I've noticed something about part 1 of the three-part sketch where Grover wants to promote the number 2. Grover has six people, including Kermit, count to 2. It's obvious that most of the performers are performing twqo characters at once, I guess Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt were two of them...
  2. M

    kermit and don music shared a house!

    He seemed to want a co-writing credit for Don Music's remake of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
  3. M

    did these Monsterpeice Theater openings have alternate intros?

    I just saw Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves, and now I wonder if that whole sequence was remade. The whole segment takes place in Alistar's living room, and the cast appears in an on-screen circle. Maybe footage of those "circles" were reused while the rest was reshot, or maybe it was completely...
  4. M

    I realized our poor Muppets had a problem...

    I feel like I remember Bert fainting alot as a kid, but now I can only think of two specific skits where he faints (the one where Ernie has Bert pretend to be angry, and where Bert accuses Ernie of eating his cookies). What other skits did Bert faint int?
  5. M

    did these Monsterpeice Theater openings have alternate intros?

    At one point, the intros and outros of the Monsterpiece Theater segments were replaced so that Alistar Cookie no longer had a pipe. I don't know exactly when this happened, but I think it would have been when the opening was remade. I think Alistar Cookie stopped using a pipe for a few years...
  6. M

    The Muppet Day Calendar: Seriously...

    I have the calendar, and haven't torn any pages out.
  7. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #46 - Macho, Macho Pigs

    Yes, there is. I think the singer's name is spelled Layla Salonga, and she sang it in episode 3154. She sang it at a Birdkateer meeting, to a duck who wanted to be a good singer.
  8. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    This weeks podcast was about the word "sigh". Man, I wish I could remember which "word on the street" and "word of the day" segments were used...;) Sigh.... Anyway, the contents include: cartoon: the word "sigh" appears on-screen clip montage: Bert, Grover, and Kermit all sigh, as the...
  9. M

    Gladys, Fred, and Buster

    It seems to me like Gladys the Cow, Fred the Wonder Horse, and Buster the Horse all started out as generic animal characters, before having regular names and personalities. I beleive Muppet Wiki mentions that Gladys was around for years before he was given a name and established...
  10. M

    Next Muppetcast Guest Poll

    I voted for Kevin Clash. And some topics I'd like to hear asked about in his interview. I'd like to know what he did in Follow That Bird. I know that he was just an addiitonal muppet performer, but it would be great to know some good behind-the-scenes information on that movie as well...
  11. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    There's been 23 podcast epsiodes so far. Only three more epsidoes to go before all of the "word on the street" segments have been used, and then we'll know what will hapen with the podcast next. We'll find out if a different topic is used for the epsidoes (like "Letter of the Day" or "Number of...
  12. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    Well, after 22 podcasts, Ernie and Bert have finally appeared in the newest one, Pretend. Contents include: What's the Word on the Street?: Pretend Big Bird asks kids what they like to pretend to be Word of the Day explanation Ernie pretends to be somebody in the family, and has Bert...
  13. M

    matleo's annual toy fair trip

    The licensing problem with A Frog is Born could have somethign to do with Sam and Friends. I hear that Universal owns the distribution rights to the series. I can't imagine there being many problems with using Sesame Street clips, as a few Disney DVD releases have included Sesame Street clips in...
  14. M

    MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

    Tough Pigs has an article about Toy Fare, and mentions what Fraggle Rock characters were on display, but only the Doozer is pictured.
  15. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #45 - The MC Forum Awards Ceremony

    I didn't realise that there was an awards thread (and I have voted in awards threads in the past). It's a shame that I didn't vote (or win anything.... But I guess I deserve not to win). But during a few of the awards, I correctly preditced who was going to be announced the winner (I correctly...
  16. M

    would a Jim Henson version of In Search of Dr. Seuss work?

    My thoughts would be to have a reporter come to the boarding house to interview Kermit about Jim Henson, and throughout the special (or movie) Kermit would get interrupted by other Muppets, some of whom just report problems in the house, others who want to talk about themselves (and maybe some...
  17. M

    would a Jim Henson version of In Search of Dr. Seuss work?

    A few plot ideas that I've thougth of for such an idea: Two kids go to the library to do research on Jim Henson for a school report, and at one point they either enter a room that's restricted from vistors or press a red button, and suddenly walls burst and the kids are taken through a sequence...
  18. M

    Sesame Street Space DVD, Your Thoughts on the possibility of such a release?

    Recently, I realised that there haven't been any Sesame Street videos or DVDs themed around outer space. I was thinking that this would be a good idea for a DVD release. There are many space-themed Sesame Street sketches that could be included, including the Spaceship Surprise sketches, anything...
  19. M

    Empire acquires rights to Jim Henson screenplay

    I just started a thread on this type of subject. We can talk about it there.
  20. M

    would a Jim Henson version of In Search of Dr. Seuss work?

    Has anybody seen the TV movie In Search of Dr. Seuss? Wouldn't a Jim Henson version of that movie be great? I don't mean substituting Dr. Seuss and his creations with Jim Henson and the Muppets, but a similar style. Of course, I guess it would be funny for The Jim Henson Company to have the...
Top