Search results

  1. M

    "first season show content" re-do segmnets

    Looking at the CTW Archives "First Season Show Content" papers, many segments lsited have pencil writing in them. Some say "Dump" (which most likely means never show again), some say something that I can't quite make out (it's written ebsides most of the Henson letter claymation sketches, though...
  2. M

    The Solid Foam Band

    I just realised that on The Jim Henson Hour, Solid Foam only performed one number of it's own, and was more or less a back-up band for other numbers. And most of the members appeared eithe rregularly in solo scenes, or in group scenes. So I'm wondering, was the Solid Foam name only used in one...
  3. M

    Kermit's first Sam & Friends episode question

    I don't know if The Jim Henson Company has/ had any official documents as to when Kermit exactly debuted, but I have seen some Kermit toys that had a 1956 copyright on it's foot. I don't know if that means Kermit first appeared on Sam and Friends in 1956, or if the character (and possibly other...
  4. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #56 - Digits, Giants, and Slippers

    Also, it was interesting hearing the ending of Elmo's Song, with Elmo wanting to find Gorodn and Gabbi. That ending must have been cut from all three video releases, and wasn't included in Songs From the Street (but the introduction was also cut from that). Was that audio from an episode of the...
  5. M

    Few Muppet Questions

    I recall reading in an unnofficial fan site long ago that Clifford was Jim Henson's last creation, but I would be surprised if he was the last character Jim Henson created. I don't know if Jim Henson still created characters by 1989, and I doubt that Clifford was the last Jim Henson Horu...
  6. M

    If Jim hadn't died in 1990

    I overheard some people discussing Will Ferrell recently, though they said that it's hard for him to always be funny because he does so many movies a year.
  7. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: Gary Puckett

    It's been awhile, but here is an all-new Muppet Show outline from me, taking place in season 5. Cold Opening Gary Pucket tells Pops that he just had a big dinner before the show, and then he sees Animal give Crazy Harry a headlock before Crazy Harry blows them both up, the green frackle...
  8. M

    Potential Idea for a 40th Anniversary Special DVD Release

    Here is something that I thought would have been good to say, if this was an april fools day prank. I thought about making an announcement for a big set like this, and that Sesame Workshop wanted to interview real-life fans in addition to people who have worked on the show. I would have said...
  9. M

    Bunsen and Beaker at the Science Fair

    chapter 3 Beaker was chasing after the wheel. Beaker got his leg stuck in the wheel, and was tumbling down. "Maaaaahhhhhhhhh", screamed Beaker. "I'll come, Beaker!", said Bunsen. The wheel made it down a hill, and when it got down, the wheel had suddenly turned sideways, and Bunsen...
  10. M

    SST Outline : Baby Bear finds a cat

    Wait, are all recent cartoons made with flash? Well, maybe you're right, and maybe not. Whenever I make these Sesame Street outlines, I try to be sure that certain sketches came before the seasons. I would sugest looking at various sketch pages at Muppet Wiki and see what the earleist known...
  11. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #56 - Digits, Giants, and Slippers

    I assume that all Jim Henson Hour audio clips in this episode are from the first two episodes. If that's true, then I guess you could say that the first two shows only have four classic Muppets, as opposed to three: Kermit, Gonzo, Link, and... Rowlf. In that pirate sketch, was that Gonzo...
  12. M

    Bunsen and Beaker at the Science Fair

    chapter 2 Finally, the judges went to Bunsen and Beaker's table. "What is your invention?", asked the german lady. "Behold, a great invention",s aid Bunsen, "Beaker, take off the sheet." "Mee mee", said Beaker, who pulled off the sheet to reveal a giant exercise wheel. "This...
  13. M

    MuppeTelevision: less songs?

    Is it just me, or did all of the MuppeTelevision segments from The Jim Henson Hour have only two musical numbers? From what I know, Science Fiction has Neutron Dance and Chattanooga Choo-Choo, Aquatic Life has Splish Splash and Maneater, Monster Telethon has The Lion Sleeps Tonight and Sweet...
  14. M

    Kermit's first Sam & Friends episode question

    Maybe he was in the first episode, maybe he wasn't.
  15. M

    Bunsen and Beaker at the Science Fair

    Last week I wrote a fan fic called Happy Birthday Sweetums! which included a mention of Bunsen and Beaker being at a science fair. Well, that was menat as a brief "preview" of this fan fic. Enjoy! Chapter 1 Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker had made it to the science fair, and had set up their...
  16. M

    SST Outline : Baby Bear finds a cat

    That was good, though I think Every Kitty Sleeps debuted in season 37.
  17. M

    longer music numbers

    I wonder if Jim Henson would have wanted musical numbers to be logner if The Muppet Show was produced today. It seems like songs are getting longer these days. Back in the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s it seems like the average song was around 2 or 3 minutes, but now it seems like the average song is...
  18. M

    The Muppets Take Manhattan behind the scenes

    The Secrets of the Muppets doesn't have any behind-the-scenes footage from The Muppets Take Manhattan, though some clips from the movie are in the opening clip montage montage. The special has a section on the making of the bicycle scenes from the first two movies, but no behind-the-scenes...
  19. M

    Little Muppet Monsters is on Youtube

    I recently posted a thread on whether Jim Henson and CBS might have given this show more ofa chance if either the show was completely live aciton or completely animated, and watching this, I think it could have succeeded if given a chance (though you could say that about almost any short-lived...
  20. M

    John Landis in "The Muppets Take Manhattan"

    Jim Henson made a cameo in Into the Night as "Man on Phone" (this is the other movie to reference Frank Oz's real name), and Richard Hunt played Wilson in Trading Places (in which Frank Oz also made a cameo as "Corrupt Cop"). And An American Werewolf in London featured a clip from The Muppet...
Top