Search results

  1. M

    Stars and Street Forever

    That seems a little weird to comprehend.. Oscar's can is city property, but Oscar has to choose to move on his own... But if it's city property, wouldn't the city have a say in whether he moves? And it's weird that the city supposedly owns a trash can on Sesame Street but not the rest of the street.
  2. M

    Sesame Street didn't really start having significant changes until the early 1980s

    I've recently noticed that Sesame Street didn't really start to have any real major series-affecting changes until the early 1980s when Mr. Hooper died. Before then, the various changes weren't as significant. Puppets and sets were rebuilt, some characters were recast, characters would come and/...
  3. M

    The original "Rubber Duckie?"

    I wonder... Would it be too far-fetched to think that Sesame Workshop figured out their mistake but since they had cited season 1 as the first appearance so many times that they chose to keep it that way? Of course I shouldn't start rumors or conspiracies or anything like that. Then again...
  4. M

    Unusual titles for songs

    What song titles do you feel are "unusual" as the titles? Some of the song titles I find unusual, and why: Over, Under, Around, and Through - Seems the title should have been "Around, Over, Under, and Through", or even just "Over and Under and Through". The different order in the title is...
  5. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, The Muppet Newsflash has some more info, and it's confirmed that it will indeed have one Twiddlebugs sketch, the one where the Twiddlebugs find a catepillar. You know, ever since the first Sesame Street DVD to have bonus segments, I've been hoping for the bonus clips to become a trend...
  6. M

    Season 40 Hidden Gems

    The "Wing in a Sling" episode was recently added to sesamestreet.org, and I think I found another hidden gem that hasn't been mentioned. At the beginning Big Bird sings a variation of "Row Your Boat", going "Roll, roll, rollerskate, gently down the street, merily merily merily, life is such a...
  7. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, I found this, which shows a new upcoming release: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/88643/width/1000/height/800 I wonder if maybe this release will include some Twiddlebug sketches (besides their cameo in "Elmo's World: Bugs"). I figure the CGI sketches have a better chance than...
  8. M

    Muppet Comics -- Family Reunion SHOCK!

    Ever since the series began comic book resources has been showing preview pages for each issue before they were released (I think 13 preview pages were presented for the very first issue, but I think it now shows just five preview pages), and for the last few months tough pigs has been showing...
  9. M

    Leslie Characters

    She also performed the daughter in the Super K cereal sketch.
  10. M

    Jim's last performance as Bip

    Last year a number of sample pages for the 40th anniversary book were posted at tough pigs, and some of the stuff in the sample pages were changed. One change was that the sample pages had a section on Jim Henson's last day on the set, and confirmed that Jim's last inserts were those and I...
  11. M

    Jim's last performance as Bip

    I'll have to check, but does Muppet Wiki cite season 20 as the first appearance or the earliest-known appearance?
  12. M

    Your thoughts on Doglion?

    Doglion has the coolest look out of all the full-body monsters.
  13. M

    Jim's last performance as Bip

    I think it was the Air song, though I don't know what season that's from (my guess is 19 or 20). I'd ge surprised if there are any Bip appearances I don't know about.
  14. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I hope that she eventually gets mentioned by name in one of the comics.
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    You know, Amy Mebberson and Roger Langridge are a good combo for the comics, as Roger Langridge prefers to focus on The Muppet Show, and Amy Mebberson is mostly a fan of the stuff Jim Henson did. Makes sense that she would illustrated some Muppet Show comics. I wonder if "On the Road" was...
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    People are talking about Muppet cannon... The only cannon in the Muppet world belongs to Gonzo (and the Zuccinni brothers).
  17. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I don't know if it's that important to have older sitcoms on blu-ray. I figure a lot of people still don't have blu-ray players (I have one in my laptop, but I only have a few blue-ray DVDs). And I've heard that shows shot on video would likely look worse on blu-ray. As for Tiny Toons and...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Despite the news of tomorrow's issue, today I found a copy of the final "On the Road" comic, though I've only glanced a *** so far. Dr. Tooth's review at The Muppet Mindset said that what was in Fozie's package ended up predictable, but it ended up not being what I expected (I actually expected...
  19. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I had been wondering today... Does anybody know if the Old School DVDs are even still in print? I haven't seen them on shelves in awhile. I wonder if a petition should be in order. I figure Sesame Workshop knows we want a lot of classic stuff. While sesamestreet.org is great, I would much...
  20. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    Okay, go ahead.
Top