Search results

  1. M

    When did the era of 'street stories' begin?

    Recently somebody at Muppet Wiki has gotten quite a few season two program guides and has been making edits based on those guides. And it seems like quite a few season two episodes had plots (of course there's no way of knowing how much of the episodes featured the scenes related to the...
  2. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    I was looking over this list, and since posting this, I see that three of those segments were reelased on the 40th anniversary DVD, and four have been uploaded to sesamestreet.org. I hope Sesame Workshop sees this and makes more available. And I'd also like to add Jim Henson's "E" claymation...
  3. M

    What sketch / Video / bit / song excited you the most?

    I know that I was excited the first time I saw "Best Friends Blues", since Ernie didn't normally appear on the street or with Mr. Snuffleupagus.
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: Bert and Ernie’s Great Adventures DVD

    Now that I watched the whole thing in one sitting, I saw that it does have a full end credits sequence at the very end. I was curious about whether it would have credits so I watched the last segment first, and like on the 40th anniversary DVD, if you select one segment it'll go back to the...
  5. M

    Muppet Lists (Blog)

    Some list ideas: Top 12 Greatest Musicians Top 12 Steve Whitmire Characters Top 12 Minor Characters Top 12 Mostly-Silent Characters Top 12 Yellow Characters Okay, I was just joking about the "silent characters" and "yellow characters" list (trying to guarantee that Lips would be...
  6. M

    Your Thoughts: Bert and Ernie’s Great Adventures DVD

    On the B&EGA DVD, it looks like if played all the way through, the opening only appears once, but the opening appears in all segments if selected individually (much like tha Fraggle Rock: Complete Animated Series DVD). The DVD sort of has a credits sequence. Each segment (regardless of...
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: Bert and Ernie’s Great Adventures DVD

    Well, I got the new Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures DVD, and while the press releases said it'd have 11 episodes, it actually has 13 (either there was a mistake, or somebody who matters changed their mind and put in more). I have afeeling that it might be the whole "first season", either by...
  8. M

    Follow That Bird merchandise - I has a happy

    Does the press kit have any interesting behind-the-scenes information (i.e. stuff that'd be useful for Muppet Wiki)?
  9. M

    Some observations on Episode 2096

    After watching what was on youtube again, I must say, when Snuffy first meets Elmo, Big Bird doesn't seem to make a big deal out of it. He just sees it as just another thing, unlike a few minutes later when the adults finally see Snuffy. And Elmo doesn't have a shocked look on his face when he...
  10. M

    TMTM logic

    In the comic book adaptation, it's Gonzo who finds the real minister, and I assumed it was Gonzo who hired him. But who knows if that was cut from the movie or even in the original script.
  11. M

    The "Upstairs, Downstairs" debate!

    I'm not sure if I'm wrong about whether the regular room changed in the 1990s or if it's just me, but if it was rebuilt, I assume it would be in season 25, when the show moved production to another studio. Season 24 may be when the Sesame Street and Super-Grover openings changed, but that...
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: Song of the Cloud Forest DVD

    It seems liek if you view only one episode/ special on this DVD, the Lionsgate logo appears at the end, but if you play all it doens't appear at the end of them all (I have yet to watch all four in one sitting, but I did select play all once and stopped playing before it ended).
  13. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Being Alive Day" with Elmo. I wonder if they plan on adding "You're Alive" this week because of it? Of course I also get the feeling that the "remembering Mr. Hooper" clip clould be added even though death is the opposite of alive. I also found this interesting video queue...
  14. M

    Scene's that you're real curious about

    I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure Grover doesn't faint in that one. It end swith him bringing in every food item (except the pie) and putting it on the table. The clip in the montage didn't have all that food on the table.
  15. M

    Scene's that you're real curious about

    Are there any particular Sesame Street scenes that you've either seen pictures from or really short clips of (like in a clip montage) that look interesting, but you don't really know what they are about? In the case of many clips we only see a few seconds in a montage, not enough to inform us of...
  16. M

    John Astin

    John Astin was also the "Pigs in a Poke" game show host in National Lampoon's European Vacation.
  17. M

    The "Upstairs, Downstairs" debate!

    Actually it looks like Me, Claudias and Upstairs, Downstairs both used the same Cookie Monster puppet (I think they stopped using that puppet and built anew one in either season 13 or 14).
  18. M

    Bad Guys/Villains we didn't root for

    I really like most of the villians from the Muppet movies, even if I don't like them enough to want to see them win. There are some bad guys who I like better than the stars, like Boris and Natasha, Dr. Evil, many of the 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villians (particularly Krang), some...
  19. M

    The "classic moments" from seasons 6-10

    And finally, I'll list all of the season 6-10 news segments that I view as classic: Don Music: Mary Had a Little Lamb Don Music: Twinkle Twinkle Don Music: How to Get to Yellowstone Park Alice in Wonderland Pinocchio Peter Piper's Family George Washington's Father Santa Claus Man in...
  20. M

    The "Upstairs, Downstairs" debate!

    Well, according to the 40th anniversary DVD, Me, Claudias is from season 11. Too bad the pop-up features don't confirm when the skecthes debuted. But despite the 1978 source for Upstairs, Downstairs, I'm starting to be convinced that Me, Claudias came first. If anything those two were the first...
Top