Search results

  1. M

    Minor Muppets you'd like to see in the new movie?

    You called? Oh, you said minor muppets, not muppetz... :) Anyway, I'd like to see every Muppet in this. But minor characters I most want to see, whether it's with dialogue, their own scenes, or just briefly in the crowd, I want to see: Lips (he was rebuilt recently, so it shouldn't be a...
  2. M

    MT: Upstairs Downstairs vs. 39 Stairs

    Which of the two Monsterpiece Theater segments invovling stairs do you liek better, "Upstairs, Downstairs" or "The 39 Stairs"? Upstairs, Downstairs: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/c9a1d67f-154b-11dd-8ea8-a3d2ac25b65b/upstairs_downstairs The 39 Stairs...
  3. M

    Little things we've noticed

    I noticed that in Carribian Amphibian that when we see the outline of where the frog has hopped from island to island the outline almost looks like an outline of a side view of an eagles head.
  4. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I had thought that all current DVDs used still images on the back, and was confused when I read/heard the interviews with Henry Louis Mitchell talking baout taking photos for the back of Silly Storytime, but then I was looking at the back of that and Elmo's Rainbow... And they do use new photos...
  5. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    I just learned that this week the website is having "March Muppet Madness", where a different Muppet hosts the website each day. Today it's hosted by Elmo. Oh, and it's "Fun with Elmo Day".
  6. M

    Master Insert Tapes

    Regarding the pre/postroll thing, it is interesting how there's obviously copies of segments in existience with those extra seconds. Especially when the extra time is of the director yelling "Action!" I wouldn't expect those to be considered part of the sketch and don't call it "edited" due to...
  7. M

    Little things we've noticed

    In the segment where Kermit interviews John-John, Kermit asks John-John if he minds if he asks some questions, and John-John nods, yet Kermit asks anyway. I guess John-John didn't know the difference between minding and not minding, but I wonder how he felt if he really did mind and was asked...
  8. M

    Modern Classics

    The fact that it's on two DVDs isn't the only reason I see it as overrated. A Cookie is a Sometimes Food is also on both DVDs, yet I don't see that one as being overrated. I have mentioned it a few times in various posts, but it seems like ever since the 40th anniversary DVD came out there's...
  9. M

    Okay, let's talk about *this!*

    It is a wonder that Nick Jr. never aired Sesame Street or Electric Company reruns. For most of it's run Nick Jr. has been commercial free (I think it might have initially had commercial interruptions), so those shows could have aired uncut.
  10. M

    Modern Classics

    Personally, I feel that segment is overrated, though I guess it is important in informing the uninformed that the veggie monster rumors are just rumors. I don't think we needed to have it on two DVDs. I feel it could have been left off the 40th anniversary DVD and just included on C is for...
  11. M

    MuppetFans.com: A New Era in Muppet Fandom

    After reading this logic, I guess it is understandable that the links primarily focus on websites that frequently include new content. One thing that would be cool would be some type of almost-daily things. Like a "Muppet of the Day" (or a few focuses on different characters per week)...
  12. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Sesame Street Day", hosted by Abby but also featuring appearances by other characters, including Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, The Count, Telly, Cookie Monster, Oscar, Murray, Herb the Dinosaur, the penguins, and others.
  13. M

    MuppetFans.com: A New Era in Muppet Fandom

    Will this include any of the best pages from Muppet Central? I was looking at the interviews page, and feel that the Muppet Central interviews with Steve Whitmire, Jerry Nelson, and Dave Goelz are just as good as the ones posted.
  14. M

    "What a Cartoon!" Cartoon Network Shorts

    On audio commentary for The Weird Al Show, it was said that Seth MacFarlane pitched the Family Guy concept (or I guess this prototype) as a series of animated shorts for The Weird Al Show, but were turned down because Weird Al didn't think the censors would approve.
  15. M

    Redeeming Villains in Stories - Right or Wrong?

    I have kind of wondered what the point was of having Doc Hopper not redeem himself. I guess they were making some kind of point by having him still want Kermit dead, after that speech and initially looking like he'd have a change of heart before ordering his men to kill him, but still. I don't...
  16. M

    The Song of the Count vs. The Batty Bat

    I did some checking at Muppet Wiki to see which one has had more audio releases, and The Song of the Count has actually been released more, though only by one release (SotC has 7 releases, BB has 6). It seems like The Song of the Count is never included in any anniversary specials or...
  17. M

    The Muppets Should Host the 2012 Oscars

    I know the Muppets have done live appearances countless times, but could they easily host a live show that lasts more than 3 hours? Maybe it would be better if the Muppets hosted a parody of the Oscars. Make it a TV or direct-to-video special, have it last two hours, have the nominations be...
  18. M

    The Song of the Count vs. The Batty Bat

    Two of The Count's signature songs are The Song of the Count and The Batty Bat. The Song of the Count came out in season four, the season The Count made his debut, and seems to be the song most associated with the character for many years. Then The Batty Bat came out in season 17 and seems to be...
  19. M

    Murray's Song Requests

    I think it's been awhile since there was a new Sesame Street DVD themed around song sketches. With the exception of the Hot n Cold number (the only way I could see that on an official Sesame DVD would be if it were aimed at adults) I could honestly see this kind of DVD actually produced (well I...
  20. M

    Murray's Song Requests

    I haven't done a fan fic in awhile, so please enjoy this. It's my attempt at a Sesame Street "video" hosted by Murray Monster (aside from the fact that very few Sesame Street DVDs in the past years have had linking material, why hasn't Murray hosted any video releases?). Announcer: Ladies...
Top