Search results

  1. M

    Facts that don't seem to add up

    Speaking of misquoted dialogue, I saw on a TV special counting down the best TV catch phrases that Rickey Ricardo never said "Lucy, you've got some 'splaining to do."
  2. M

    Classic "Today" Appearence

    That was cool to see. I've noticed the green things behind Kermit's legs which look like back legs quite a few times before when Kermit's been sitting, but this is the first I can recall seeing the wires that moe the legs. Though it seems like after they changed the material used to build Kermit...
  3. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    Today is "School is Cool Day" with Murray.
  4. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's Amigos Day with Rosita.
  5. M

    Classic "Today" Appearence

    I noticed underneath the video screen it says that content from the site may not be used on news or information sites without written permission... What does this mean? Is the site telling people not to share the link or what...? Anyway, that was great. While skipping to the Muppet parts I...
  6. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's Yummy Breakfast Day with Zoe.
  7. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Bea Arthur

    The penguins are performed by Dave Goelz, Richard Hunt, Jerry Nelson, and Jim Henson.
  8. M

    Playhouse Videos with different theme music

    As far as I know, most of the Playhouse Video compilations included an instrumental version of the opening theme at the beginning, and the season five version of the closing theme at the end. But I know that some of the videos had different-sounding theme music. I saw he Kermit and Miss...
  9. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Wild Animal Day" with Abby Cadabby.
  10. M

    Facts that don't seem to add up

    I thought I'd start a thread for "facts" about television shows and movies that are widely sourced, yet there seems to be something off about the facts, maybe some holes in the facts. Maybe the ones who provided the facts just made up or exaggerated parts of the facts to sound more interesting...
  11. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    Today is "Read a Book Day" with Bert.
  12. M

    The Song of the Count vs. The Batty Bat

    I don't ever remember seeing or hearing "Counting is Wonderful". In fact it's a Count song I hardly think about. I was wondering whether it was done on the show or was an audio-only song, and after checking Muppet Wiki saw that it was performed on the show (though Muppet Wiki doesn't have any...
  13. M

    Interesting tidbit, any truth to it?

    It was mentioned in The Story of Jim Henson: Creator of the Muppets.
  14. M

    The Song of the Count vs. The Batty Bat

    While I'd prefer they show the original and not do a remake, they haven't shown classic segments in years. When last season began it looked as if it was limiting the segments to Elmo's World and stuff shot in HD, though by the end of the season they showed more stuff from as far back as the...
  15. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    I noticed an error in the article on Martin Robinson; It says that Brian Meehl left the Muppets to pursue a puppetry career. He actually left to pursue a writing career.
  16. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It is "Sing a Song Day" with Ernie.
  17. M

    The New Movie: The Muppets

    Since the new characters in this are Muppet fans and we expect a lot of inside jokes regarding Muppet fandom, I've thought of a cameo that would be funny, though I doubt it'll happen in this movie: Doug Walker of "The Nostalgia Critic" fame as Douchey McNitpick (The Nostalgia Critic's most...
  18. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I don't think it's a big deal for a character to be on the cover when all they appear in is past clips. There have been many video and DVD releases over the years where the covers included characters who only appear in inserts. Especially the majority of videos with Ernie, Bert, Grover, and...
  19. M

    The VHS Thread

    Every Beta tape I've seen (and I haven't seen many in person)has come in a small box. I've seen a series of videos at www.thatguywiththeglasses.com called The Big Box, hosted by Brad Jone of "The Cinema Snob" fame. In addition to reviewing movies, most of the talk about the video companies...
  20. M

    The VHS Thread

    I thought I'd start a thread about VHS tapes. It seems like early VHS releases were more collector-friendly. For example, it seems like until the early 1990s video releases of classic animated shorts had more of the best-known shorts, while afterwards they seemed to be aimed more at kids...
Top