Search results

  1. M

    View Master Interactive Vision

    I wonder if making DVD (or even VHS) copies and then selling the main copies and the systerm would be a big loss. If you make copies then you can't really play the games or make choices. I wonder if anybody with these ever made multiple copies of each video, with each choice selected on a...
  2. M

    Could Lips have been dropped during production of GMC?

    Animal and Zoot were part of Solid Foam in one episode. Interestingly, last year I found out there was an article on JHH in Muppet Magazine which referred to Solid Foam as being a mix of old and new musicians, consisting of Animal, Zoot, Beard, and Digit. It makes me wonder if the "Food" episode...
  3. M

    Little things we've noticed

    There is a goof I've noticed in Follow That Bird for years. I can't remember if I ever mentioned it on the forum or not. But it concerns the scene where it's announced on the news that Big Bird is going back to Sesame Street. When Big Bird sneaks out of the house, it's starting to get dark...
  4. M

    Could Lips have been dropped during production of GMC?

    They never appeared with the main characters going to stop the villians, so I wouldn't count them. It's not like they kept disapearing and reappearing. Part of me wonders why there were more characters in the hotel who didn't go to stop the villians (or ride bicycles or get thrown off the...
  5. M

    Your Muppet mistakes

    I had some misconceptions about The Muppet Show, before I saw any actual episodes and only saw the compilation videos. For example, all of the compilation videos I had seen (both the Playhouse Videos and It's the Muppets!) listed the main eight performers from the later seasons and no other...
  6. M

    Who are the Joe Raposo and Jeff Moss of today?

    Two of Sesame Street's most celebrated songwriters are Joe Raposo and Jeff Moss. They have written several of the shows best songs. Many of their songs are known even by casual fans. But which of today's songwriters would you say are the modern equivielent to Joe and Jeff?
  7. M

    Modern Classics

    Some of this past decades best segments include: 1234 with Feist A Cookie is a Sometimes Food The First Time Me Eat Cookie What I Am with Will.I.Am Super K Cereal Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition I Wonder Don't Know Y with Nora Jones I Like My Hair
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: Henson's Place DVD

    I wonder if maybe Carol Spinney didn't want to be interviewed. Though he was intervied in that behind-the-scenes footage obviously shot in the 1980s that was included in the 40th anniversary DVD. I'm convinced a Sesame Street documentary was planned in the early 1980s, though I don't know for sure.
  9. M

    Could Lips have been dropped during production of GMC?

    I wonder if Dr. Teeth and Floyd are really too different from each other. Both are cool characters, both enjoy things that are hip and groovy, both act like leaders (Dr. Teeth has his name in the band title and does most of the lead singing, while Floyd interacts more with characters outside the...
  10. M

    People Profile: Jim Henson on YouTube

    The 1999 documentary on Jim Henson that aired as part of CNN's "People Profile" series has been uploaded in four parts on YouTube. Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXVDYuaARa4 Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jSMXfJkbXw&feature=related Part 3...
  11. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    Today is Exercise Day with Oscar. Makes me wish the site would add that segment mentioned in the 40th anniversary book, where Oscar jogs in central park.
  12. M

    The Muppets and YouTube.com

    Somebody uploaded the CNN People Profiles documentary on Jim Henson. Here's part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXVDYuaARa4 Also uploaded was Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets in six parts.. Here's part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN71cfp6F7c&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL...
  13. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Looking at that list of kids shows on PBS, I've just got to say that it wouldn't be a big loss of kids didn't get to see Barney and Friends. ;)
  14. M

    This Frog vs. My Pollywog Ways

    Thinking some more about how fans would think if a new version of My Pollywog Ways (or This Frog, though it hadn't been brought up) were recorded with a different frog (Muppet or otherwise), I wonder what the fan reaction would be if Sesame Street introduced a new frog character, basically a...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Silly Storytime DVD with Special Guest Reporter Kermit

    The 40th anniversary DVD lists it as being from season 11 (the 1979-1980 season). I wonder if those sketches really were originally aired without logos, or if they were just cut for time on Noggin.
  16. M

    This Frog vs. My Pollywog Ways

    It's comments like this that make me wish the forum had a "Like" button.
  17. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Silly Storytime DVD with Special Guest Reporter Kermit

    I've been thinking that the Little Red Riding Hood sketch was from the late-1970s (season 10 or 11), but now that I look closer at Kermit, I think that one might be from the early 1980s after all. Watching it at sesamestreet.org, I thought that was one of the late-1970s Kermit puppets, with...
  18. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    I was thinking, how about a DVD of the various multi-part Ernie and Bert sketches, with other segments between them? A good line-up: Ernie's Barber Shop, part 1 Long Time No See Ernie's Barber Shop, part 2 I'm Going to Get My Hair Cut Ernie's Barber Shop, part 3 Geometry of Circles...
  19. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    Here's an entry which mentions that Henson planned on a theme park in 1988, a year before he considered selling the company to Disney: http://www.henson.com/jimsredbook/2011/02/25/2251988/ If Henson did go through on a theme park, I wonder if they would have been allowed to include anything...
  20. M

    Little things we've noticed

    At the end of The Great Muppet Caper, when the Muppets are on the airplane before being thrown off, I noticed that Lips is sitting with a generic rat, while Rizzo is in the other side of the room. Considering Steve Whitmire performed both Lips and Rizzo, it's a wonder they didn't have those two...
Top