Search results

  1. M

    This Frog vs. My Pollywog Ways

    As Oscarfan said, there'd be no problem with Sesame Workshop airing the segment, though it's been years since anything from the 1970s was shown in a new episode. But I wonder if fans would see it as blasphemy if they made a new version sung by a different frog character.
  2. M

    This Frog vs. My Pollywog Ways

    Something just hit me: The original Imagination sketch was supposed to begin with animated monsters scaring Ernie, but test audiences were more interested in the monsters than the message of the song, so it was reshot to the verison that aired. Makes me wonder if This Frog was a similar...
  3. M

    This Frog vs. My Pollywog Ways

    For those of you who haven't seen these sketches, here's This Frog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAv75mTimRc And here's My Pollywog Ways: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67XSt4SwnbE
  4. M

    Your Muppet mistakes

    After seeing The Secrets of the Muppets and hearing that Henson's workshops were in New York and London, I assumed that those were the only places that Henson's productions were made (excluding obvious exceptions like The Muppet Movie being made in Hollywood). And now that I think about it, a...
  5. M

    Muppet Babies - 20+ years later

    I feel the Super Mario World cartoon feels the most like a kiddie cartoon, almost as if it were aimed at a younger audience that the two previous Mario cartoons. And the theme song is very annoying. I had read that the series legally had to be released as "Captain N and the New Super Mario...
  6. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    This one doesn't have historic info, but it is intriguing: http://www.henson.com/jimsredbook/2011/02/24/2-1970/ It says "Shoot Kermit for US airing of Hey Cinderella". I guess that means they shot extra Kermit footage for the US airing. I wonder if the popularity of Sesame Street had...
  7. M

    This Frog vs. My Pollywog Ways

    That's also the earliest I knew of a tadpole being a young frog. In fact for the longest time the word "tadpole" was the only spoken word in that sketch that I could remember being said (and it's a bit brief, as he says "Then I was a tadpole, also known as a pollywog"). I remember when I got the...
  8. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Going back a few weeks to the last interview with Gabriel Valez, I am a bit confused on something. There was a question about Henson's Place having stuff cut, and he knew what was cut. I thought I'd read that the DVD was uncut, though. Was this referring to special fetaures or something?
  9. M

    minor muppetz' TMS outline: Frankie Avalon & Annette Funicello

    Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt (the same performers as in the Ben Vereen episode) Richard Hunt.
  10. M

    This Frog vs. My Pollywog Ways

    I thought this might be a fun thread... Which late-1970s Kermit song do you like better, This Frog from 1977 or My Pollywog Ways from 1979? I feel both songs are a bit similar in some ways. They are both sung by Kermit and are both from the late-1970s, both seem like good songs to perform...
  11. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    Makes me curious as to who performed in it. There'd be four performers for the band, and I assume at least three for the Muppet who comes apart. Obviously Jim and Frank performed, and since it was after 1970 Jerry Nelson must have. I doubt Jerry Juhl performed in it, but I wonder if Richard Hunt...
  12. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Good article. Though I feel Sesame Street doesn't need Guy Smiley just as much as Sesame Street does need him. In the past decade, most game show parodies were hosted by parodies of the actual hosts. During the late-1980s they added a second game show host, Sonny Friendly, who was used for...
  13. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    Here's an entry on the Ed Sullivan Show appearance by the Muppets performing Octopuses Garden, with some additional info on the Come Together performance: http://www.henson.com/jimsredbook/2011/02/23/2231970/ It even has images of the characters from Come Together. And those band members...
  14. M

    Super Grover 2.0 Week: February 21-25, 2011

    Super Grover did make a few talk show appearances in his Super Grover 2.0 outfit to promote the series. It seems like ther'es actually been a bit of a revival of both Grover and regular Super Grover after the creation of Super Grover 2.0... It seems like Grover made a bit of a comeback around...
  15. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    Hmm, seems like questions haven't been sent, or at least haven't been answered, in quite awhile. Hope you don't mind me asking another question already... When working on a series do you or other people in the crew (particularly the producers and other writers) worry about fan reactions to...
  16. M

    Has Baskin-Robbins Gone Bankrupt?

    Just a few days ago I was wondering if Baskin-Robbins was still in buisness. Of course the only one I know of that was in town closed over a decade and a half ago.
  17. M

    Henson.com Podcast to interview Fred Newman - Questions?

    A little off-topic (and I haven't really listened to the podcast in over a year so maybe it's already been done) but has The Jim Henson Company ever considered conducting a podcast interview with one of the classic Henson performers, like Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Caroll Spinney, or Dave Goelz? I...
  18. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Senses and Abilities Day" with Super Grover 2.0.
  19. M

    Little things we've noticed

    It seems like even before Maria and Luis had become a couple, there had been a number of segments where they seem to portray a couple, such as season 16's "You Say Hola" and season 18's "Sing Your Synonyms".
Top