1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Tearjerking moments in all the movies:
    The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets (2011): Finale
    The Muppet Christmas Carol: When Tiny Tim (Robin the Frog) sings Bless Us All
    Muppet Treasure Island: When Kermit and Miss Piggy are singing Love Led Us Here
    The Muppet Show: Bernadette Peters singing Just One Person

And for the MOST tearjerking? I'd say Robin singing Bless Us All.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

This was a tear jerker to me because this was Jim Henson's last singing performance as Kermit on Sesame Street. :cry:
    MuppetGuy75 likes this.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Kermit's speech at the end of The Muppets. I cry like I don't know what!
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  4. Muppetfan2011

Muppetfan2011 Member

I cried when they were singing If Just One Person on both TMS and also when they did on the The Muppets remember Jim Henson tribute tv special way back in 1990
  5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

In the last scene of The Muppets when they all pick up Walter.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  6. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

I don't know if someone mentioned this but for me, one of the most tear-jerking moments is when Big Bird's cousin, Abelardo, comes to visit and both lost each other. Then he and Big Bird sing a song, without realising that they're together. (My native languge is spanish, and I know I'm terrible explaining things in english).
    I'm grow up with Abelardo, but Plaza Sésamo show songs and other things from Big Bird too, so I love both so much.

There's the video from the song:

7. Powerstars

Powerstars Active Member

MCC where Tiny Tim *spoiler alert* dies.
  8. Pinkflower7783

I didn't care for MCC but I'll give you that one it was sad.
  9. Powerstars

Powerstars Active Member

Yeah, it was my least favorite theatrical film, but I almost cried there.
  10. MuppetJanice

MuppetJanice New Member

It's hard not to tear up when in the new The Muppets movie Walter is going through Kermits' old office room, seeing the banjos, pictures, and his tux covered in cobwebs. :)
    Vincent Liu and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  11. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Not only did I want to cry, I was just shocked that they showed many memories and the history of the friendship Kermit and Jim Henson shared.
  12. MuppetJanice

MuppetJanice New Member

I know! It was such a good memory-jerking montage.
  13. Sequelcast

Sequelcast New Member

I teared up during the "Pictures in My Head" song from THE MUPPETS movie because it reflected how members in the audience felt about how long it has been since the Muppets themselves have been in pop culture.

The opening credits of MUPPETS TAKE MANHATTAN always gets to me too when Kermit the Frog is scatting a version of "Together Again" over the skyline of New York City. There's something really innocent and pure about the combination of a singing frog and stock footage.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Pshh I pretty much cried through the whole ending of the latest film. LOL! And as many times as I've watched this movie now I still cry in the same parts. I'm fine in the beginning of the film but right when Kermit starts to play Rainbow Connection the tears just don't stop until the credits roll. LOL!
  15. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

You know what? You're right! That was like so emotional to me. That Rainbow Connection got my mom emotional when we saw the movie last year, but you know what? Whenever I like hear this song or see the movie again, that moments definetely can get me emotional a little bit. I like really love that song! Soory about my speech! I am like really talking like Janice. Good grief!
  16. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

The song itself makes me sad. I just think about Jim Henson, his life, his work.... :cry:
  17. Pinkflower7783

When Kermit opens the theater door and you see all the fans I thought "Jim your muppets are back and I hope your proud." :)
  18. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Here's some of the most tear-jerking Muppet moments I had. :cry:

. The entire audience singing "The Rainbow Connection" in The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years

. The "Sing" tribute by the celebrities, Sesame Muppets and cast members from "Sing! Sesame Street Remembers Joe Raposo and His Music" and Joe Raposo singing the same song on the piano in the final scene (This made me cry so hard)

. The song, "Saying Goodbye" from The Muppets Take Manhattan

. Ray Charles singing "Bein' Green" from Sesame Street: 20 Years and Still Counting.

I hope these are great examples of these moments.
  19. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

"Saying Goodbye always makes me cry!"
  20. JacobsBest

JacobsBest Member

"Pictures in My Head" from The Muppets.
    "This Staccato tune is most 'posolutely and transparently bringin' me down!" ~:D
    DrDientes likes this.