The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

crabcakes

Reaction score
Hey I only said ****. That's not a swearword! Oh, you can't see that. It says he ll.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
You rip it open at the seams...

I forgot to mention, "Just One Person" always tears me up pretty good, too. They sang that song at Charles Schulz's memorial; yep, I bawled again!
Rip it open at the seams!?I can't even imagine such a punishment! it's so (I of all people apologise for the bad pun)maniacal!:embarrassed:

crabcakes

Reaction score
I once wrote a comic called "The Maniacal Postman" about a postman who opened up people's letters and put grenades in them and then deliver them to the house...Just thought I'd share that. Completely unrelated I know...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've got one. This might have been mentioned before. I don't know. I don't have a lot of time to go back and read 31 pages. Lol.

Anyway, one that I was thinking of was in the Lola Fanala episode of TMS when Gonzo sings, "I Did it My Way."

I thought of that, because this weekend I was on a retreat at Mt. Zion and got to spend time with my closest friends. But I might be getting an Internship opportunity at a camp that's pretty far out of the area. I really want this opportunity, but I don't want to leave either. So I sort of feel what :concern: felt when he sang that song.

Anyway, sorry if I'm getting too sappy. I just thought I'd put in my two cents.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I watched the video of the muppets being together,after Jim passed away,for his tribute;singing Just One Person.Very moving.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
A big moment for me is when Gonzo is saying goodbye to Kermit, Rizzo, and co. in Muppets From Space. I've had so many times when I had to leave my friends and just didn't know how. Watching that scene always helps me, for some reason.

And of course, there's one particular line in The Muppet Movie that moves me.

"Yeah, well, I've got a dream too. But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy. That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. And, well, I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream. And it kinda makes us like a family."

That hits a chord with me because, ever since I was six, I've wanted to go and make movies, and somehow, a few of my friends have decided they want to help me achieve that... and a few of them have realized they want to go down similar paths. So, watching that scene always reminds me of the power of friendship and how one person can change your course, or help you down it.

P

Princeton

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but the end of Labyrinth is very emotional to me. I was a sucker for Ludo to begin with, but when he apears in the mirror and says "Guhbye, Sawah", it's a major Kleenex moment for me.

largemarvin

Reaction score
As many here have said, I think the biggest tearjerker in all of muppets is "Saying Goodbye", at least for me. I'm in college right now, along with my best friend who I've known since we were in kindergarten. Whenever I hear that song, it reminds me that eventually the two of us, as well as all my other friends, will go our seperate ways and some of them I may never see again and that thought always gets to me.

A runner up would have to be Mudwell's death in the classic Fraggle episode "Gone But Not Forgotten".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
largemarvin said:
As many here have said, I think the biggest tearjerker in all of muppets is "Saying Goodbye", at least for me. I'm in college right now, along with my best friend who I've known since we were in kindergarten. Whenever I hear that song, it reminds me that eventually the two of us, as well as all my other friends, will go our seperate ways and some of them I may never see again and that thought always gets to me.

A runner up would have to be Mudwell's death in the classic Fraggle episode "Gone But Not Forgotten".
Wow, when I was in college I always played "Saying Goodbye" when I was getting ready to go back to school each year and leave my friends. Then when I'd come home my friend and I would play "Together Again." :wink:

...I really want to see that "Gone But Not Forgotten" episode, it sounds great!

jusnic

Reaction score
When I was a kid the Muppets being murdered in the Liza Minelli episode was always guaranteed to make me bawl! I couldn't get my head around the fact that they were only "acting"!

As an adult, it would have to be the "Just one person" song from the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.