The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Following on from the 'Best ever Muppet Moment' thread - I would be interested to hear what are all your most 'tear-jerking' moments - you know when you're watching with someone else and have to look away before you break down into an uncontrollable wreck....anyway I digress!

For me I have boiled it down to two:

1. The big crowd finish to The Muppet Movie as the camera pulls back to reveal them all (Lifes like a movie...)

and

2. The crowd finish to The Muppets take Manhattan

For me, anything where there are a lot of muppets in unison seems to get me....

I look forward to hearing from you!

Guy!

SuprGro78

Reaction score
most tearful muppet moment

All the muppets were onstage singing the rainbow connection with the magic store ending at the end of muppet fest and then I was told I should go onstage with the rest of the crew. I stood there with and sweetums (john henson) put his arm on my shoulder. I started singing along. All the people and all the lights and the fact that I got spend three days with people and Puppets I have watched and entertained me all my life. I didn't cry at that moment. (actually I was a grinning idiot) but when I think about it I just want to cry from happiness. I think that is the happiest I have ever been. And if anyone out there is the guy that asked me for my autograph. Thanks. I felt pretty special and you added to it.

radionate

Reaction score
Re: most tearful muppet moment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I always tear up at "saying goodbye" in the MTM

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
So go on---say it again (you know you want to).
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I always tear up at "Saying Goodbye" in the MTM.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Alright, 1 more time...you know you want to...
No, No, I couldn't......

King Prawn

Reaction score
Mine must be:

- MTI - Kermit & Piggy hunging upside down sing Love Led Us Here

- TMTM - Saying Goodbye

matleo

Reaction score
"Sing"

It's just a simple, positive, upbeat, song that reminds me to smile.

--matt

statler&waldorf

Reaction score
The final scene in Muppet Christmas Carol, always get's me kind of emotional. It's just so great. That may be my favorite version of the story (with mickey's christmas carol and the stingiest man in town close behind, and mr. magoo's version geting honorable mention). I also love the songs "Sing" and "I don't want to live on the moon." They make me think