The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

giovannii

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
ok MFS the ending where Gonzo was going to leave i cried my eyes out ohhh it was so sad i loved it. :concern:
Lola Falana episode??

giovannii

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I remember a Muppet Show Clip with Staler and Waldorf singing "When I Was Seventeen" - it added a lot of dimension to there characters.

Could someone please confirm this and possibly tell me the episode?

Also some of the closing nubers where the guest sang with a group of Muppets were really powerful: I recently saw the Kenny Rogers episode with "Love Lifted Me" and felt very content.
The song is called "It Was A Very Good Year".

I love the Linda Lavin episode.

Ever since I first saw it I wanted a massive birthday cake with all the muppets climbing up it singing to me.
hehe

duffly

Reaction score
for me, the end in the muppet movie lifes like a movie...... it means a lot to me, for someone who has been through lots of bad stuff- it kept me smiling as a child- now being 27 it still makes me cry everytime i hear it

KingFatJ

Reaction score
Comin' home from a day in college and hearing on the News that Mr. Henson had died...I just lost it and broke down and cried. I was a weepy, sobbing man for a couple of days after that.
Anytime I hear "It's Not Easy Being Green", I start crying.
And I don't know if it's relevant to this thread, but the pic of Jim sittin' w/Kermit on his lap, facing each other while sittin' in a big window...u know the one??..... yeah, that makes me cry and happy all at the same time...
*gawd, I'm such a nerd...* LOL

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
These don't really make me cry, but they do make me choke up:

At the end of Muppets From Space when the alien Gonzos are lifting Gonzo up.

Saying Goodbye.

Just hearing about the last episode of Fraggle Rock.

The Friendship song.

Does anyone know where I can find The Friendship song on CD?

superboober

Reaction score
I'm about 85% sure it was on the first season compilation record they released, so if that's out there somewhere, you can find it. I don't know if it's been converted to CD yet, though.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The time when UberGonzo says "We gonna blow you up baby!" I choke up with tears and laughter when he says that.

crabcakes

Reaction score
The Muppets take Manhattan has always been my favourite Muppet film, and Saying Goodbye is one of the best songs EVER ever, not just muppet wise (I even got my dad to buy a muppets score book to learn the song on his guitar and go to a recording studio to record me a backing track (and me singing it!!) so that i could sing it in a show!!) but every time I watch the Muppet Christmas Carol I burst into tears during When love is Gone, when Michael Caine starts singing (why the **** MICHAEL CAINE makes me cry god only only knows)

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
There are three moments that stand out for me:

1) Hearing Kermit sing "The Christmas Wish" on the "A Christmas Together" album. A big part of it is that it's very noticably Jim's voice that I'm hearing, and I can feel that he truly believes in the words he is singing.

As an additional note, my family listened to this album every Christmas while decorating the tree, and it was a favorite even before I really became interested in the Muppets. So now that I'm the Muppet fan that I am, listening to the album is even more special to me.

2) At MuppetFest, hearing "Follow Me" being played over the photo montage of Jim. That is probably my favorite Fraggle Rock song (at least when Gobo takes over the vocals :smile:).

3) Watching the large cast from the MuppetFest live show perform "It Feels Like Christmas". I can't really explain this one. Something just came over me at that point.

So although a couple of these are personal experiences rather than scenes from a movie or whatnot, I hope some of you were also able to experience these moments and share the same feelings about them.

-Murray