The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Barbarella

Reaction score
There are no moments that actually make me cry- but for some reason I always teared up over any kind of cross over- like when the Sesame Street guys visit the Muppet Show or vice versa. And when I was little, Dr. Teeth made me cry all the time- but not in a tear-jerking kind of way- I was scared to death of him for some reason.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
ILuVERNIE said:
she got torn apart... um, torn apart?
you do realize that on Muppet Babies Camilla is a stuffed toy right?

Nanny sewed her up good as new in the end though and Gonzo learned a lesson about playing safe... which he seems to have forgotton in adulthood.

Faylo

Reaction score
"Just One Person" from The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson always gets me.
That and The Friendship Song from Fraggle Rock.

Reaction score
(Hi, new here!)

I think the most emotional part for me was reading Jim Henson: The Works. I think it was the very last three pages of the book. The intended "foreward" written by Jim Henson to go in another book. That just made me cry.

But as for movie wise, the ending of "The Muppet Movie", when Gonzo knocks over the rainbow and everything that happens after that. :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Biggest Muppet tearjerker? I can name a few right off the bat.

"Saying Goodbye," from TMTM (natch). For me, it's always Scooter's verse that tugs the most at my heartstrings.
The other Muppet tearjerker I can think of actually doesn't have any Muppets in it. It's those nine words that start off Muppet Christmas Carol: In Loving Memory of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt.
I was only eight or nine when I first saw that, but I definitely remember feeling kind of lost deep inside.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
GuySmiley said:
Hi Guys!

Following on from the 'Best ever Muppet Moment' thread - I would be interested to hear what are all your most 'tear-jerking' moments - you know when you're watching with someone else and have to look away before you break down into an uncontrollable wreck....anyway I digress!

For me I have boiled it down to two:

1. The big crowd finish to The Muppet Movie as the camera pulls back to reveal them all (Lifes like a movie...)

and

2. The crowd finish to The Muppets take Manhattan

For me, anything where there are a lot of muppets in unison seems to get me....

I look forward to hearing from you!

Guy!
Mine too! I love those scenes!!:cry: :cry:

Marky

Reaction score
green stuff said:
Wow, I'd say a tear jerker for me is in TMM, where Kermit is out in the middle of nowhere, and at first he's disappointed in himself, b/c he thinks he let everyone down. But then, you realize that he's talking to himself, and it's then that he realizes that he promised himself he'd make his own dreams come true. I think that this is really emotional b/c out of all the people whose dreams he has made come true, he first made his own come true. That part always gets me right there *points to heart, or somewhere thereabout.*
YES!!!!!

JimJudy

Reaction score
The most tear-jerking Muppet moment

When I saw part of the funeral of Jim hensons.It gave me tears.

Robin

Reaction score
Anything before 1990 gives me tears!... It reminds me of when the Muppets were at there peak, and with their original performers, When the real heart and soul of the Muppets "Jim Henson" (God love him) was there to make sure they where funny, silly, clever, weird, wild, and appropriate... The lack of Jim's Kermit is always grating on me... You just can't recreat that magic... In fact I'm crying right now just writing this!