1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Pshh I pretty much cried through the whole ending of the latest film. LOL! And as many times as I've watched this movie now I still cry in the same parts. I'm fine in the beginning of the film but right when Kermit starts to play Rainbow Connection the tears just don't stop until the credits roll. LOL!
  2. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

You know what? You're right! That was like so emotional to me. That Rainbow Connection got my mom emotional when we saw the movie last year, but you know what? Whenever I like hear this song or see the movie again, that moments definetely can get me emotional a little bit. I like really love that song! Soory about my speech! I am like really talking like Janice. Good grief!
  3. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

The song itself makes me sad. I just think about Jim Henson, his life, his work.... :cry:
  4. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

When Kermit opens the theater door and you see all the fans I thought "Jim your muppets are back and I hope your proud." :)
  5. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Here's some of the most tear-jerking Muppet moments I had. :cry:

. The entire audience singing "The Rainbow Connection" in The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years

. The "Sing" tribute by the celebrities, Sesame Muppets and cast members from "Sing! Sesame Street Remembers Joe Raposo and His Music" and Joe Raposo singing the same song on the piano in the final scene (This made me cry so hard)

. The song, "Saying Goodbye" from The Muppets Take Manhattan

. Ray Charles singing "Bein' Green" from Sesame Street: 20 Years and Still Counting.

I hope these are great examples of these moments.
  6. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

"Saying Goodbye always makes me cry!"
  7. JacobsBest Member

"Pictures in My Head" from The Muppets.
    "This Staccato tune is most 'posolutely and transparently bringin' me down!" ~:D
    DrDientes likes this.
  8. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I think it's "legato" tune, as in slow.
  9. JacobsBest Member

That makes sense, but the lyric is "staccato". However, it IS Dr. Teeth and part of his shtick is taking grammatical liberties. Lol.
  10. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Guess what? I have that song on MP3 from the Muppet Musicque website before it went down to nothing. Sad, but true. That song does make me sad, because I miss my friends, my grandparents, and everything I loved is now about to be gone.
    heralde likes this.
  11. Rowlfy Member

Just One Person, not the Bernadette Peters one, but the one for the Jim Henson Tribute.
    ProboSowa likes this.
  12. Ozymandias Well-Known Member

"I'm going to go back there someday" from the original Muppet Movie. And by tears, I mean happy tears. :'D That song, personally, was very powerful in it's simplicity.
  13. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Just recently watched John Denver and The Muppets Rocky Mountain Holiday and while at the time that wasn't a tear jerker it is to me now. Strikes an even more emotional chord with me now since Jerry's recent passing. I just picture Jim, Richard, Jerry, and even John up there sitting around a camp fire and singing camp songs.
    DrDientes and muppetfan24/7 like this.
  14. Scooterforever Active Member

I just watched Muppets Letters to Santa two days ago and teared up in the scene near the end when they read Claire's letter to Santa saying all she wants for Christmas is to spend the holidays with her friends.
  15. Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

The wedding scene from MTM gets me every time! I start blubbering as soon as Piggy and Kermit start walking down the aisle.
    heralde likes this.
  16. jgidley Active Member

Do I have to choose one? :confused:
  17. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Like your name and your icon. I take it your a Kermit & Piggy fan too? :):mad:
  18. Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Of course! Your icon's great too. Kermit and Piggy are so cute together. :)+:mad: forever!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  19. heralde Well-Known Member

I swear one time I just saw the YouTube title "Kermit and Piggy Get Married" and I started tearing up! Lol
  20. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah I started tearing up too but for different reasons. :p
    muppetfan24/7 and DrDientes like this.