1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GelflingWaldo, May 10, 2007.

1. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Well when I called last weekend I spoke to an actual person. The guy I spoke to said they're constantly adding guests so that's why they're slow to update the page. But I was told Dave Goelz was confirmed (the guy who I spoke to was obviously a fan like us and was very excited about that LOL)

How COOL about Fran Brill! I've never met her either!
  2. RKUNKLER New Member

Do you guys think that Mokey would be there. That would be great for the Fraggle Rock showing. Also :concern: should be there as well.
  3. MeepBorkMeep New Member

The guy, when he was talking to my dad who admitted to not knowing any Muppeteer names, said "Gonzo will be there". It could have been talk for "Dave Goelz" but I think he actually means that Gonzo will be there.

As for Mokey, that would be nice.
  4. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Yeah Dave Goelz has been confirmed. Whether he brings Gonzo or not I guess we'll have to see, but if he brought him out to the San Francisco event, there may be a good chance...I don't think just GONZO is going to be there. Without Dave he's not going to have too much to say ;)
  5. MeepBorkMeep New Member

Hah yeah that's what I meant. The guy definitely confirmed the puppeteer names first, but then my dad just said "Gonzo" to me, which makes me think the Cinema Arts guy said Gonzo as well.
  6. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Yeah unless they're hardcore fans like us, I don't think the general public knows the performers' names. I think the only people they'd be familiar with would be Jim of course, Frank Oz and Kevin Clash
  7. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Aaah, that was fun-ny Melissa!
    :o
    As for me, the only problem I now have is that we don't know who will be appearing when. I think I might be able to make arangements to go each of the three days, but I'd like to try to prioritize just in case.
    ;)
  8. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Same here I'm not buying tix yet to any of the screenings until they release a full schedule. I AM however planning on going to get tix at the box office for the free panel discussion on the Saturday afternoon where I assume most of these guests will be attending. But the catch with that is it's limited to 200 seats and you can only get them AT the box office so I plan to take off work the day they go on sale and get out there early...
  9. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I also wish they were doing a weekend pass type of thing so you could pay one price and come and go to whatever screening you want. I inquired about this when I called the theater, but they said for accounting purposes they don't want to do it but the guy I spoke to said he was trying to convince them of doing it, but I don't know what kind of weight he holds over there...
  10. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

So I notice on the page with Fran Brill's and Heather Henson's photos if you click on them, they give you a guest list so far: and so far it's Fran, Heather and Muppet writer, etc. Craig Shemin!
  11. MeepBorkMeep New Member

Cool! Dad's calling again probably today with these three questions:

• Why haven’t Dave Goelz, Kevin Clash, and Carroll Spinney been listed yet, but Heather Henson and Fran Brill have?
    • Do you have to get tickets for the panel discussion at the box office in person? If so, is there any way we could reserve one over the phone?
    • Will only some guests be at the benefit reception?
    If anyone else has any questions, or knows the answer to one of these, please let me know either today or tomorrow. :)
  12. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Well I can save you some time with some of those: the panel tix ARE only offered at the box office (guy I spoke to last week said so and there's nothing about phone purchases for that event on their site) and they probably are doing that only because it's limited to 200 seats.

They also told me the other guests haven't been put up online yet because they're still being confirmed and adding more guests constantly. Don't forget we had the holiday earlier this week: I doubt anyone was sitting at home on the holiday working on their website during that time. That's probably why they're not updated yet either. I personally don't expect to see a full line up with guest listings, etc. at least for another week or so.
  13. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yes, if I go to nothing else, I will most definately be attending the pannel discussion!
    :D
    Mariane, if your dad didn't already make the call, you might want to ask him to check up on that weekend pass idea. Then again, you might not... I'd hate to be too much of a pain about it!
    ;)
  14. RKUNKLER New Member

Does anybody know where in Huntington the Cinema Arts Centre is. I want to go for the pannel discussion tickets.
  15. matleo Active Member

Got a HUGE favor to ask. I live in Northern CT and can't get down to get tickets for the panel. If there is anyone who is going over to the box office to get tickets and score and extra for me that I could get from you on the 10th, I would be eternally grateful!

Don't know if that's an option casue I'm sure they're limiting how many you can get, but if anyone can help it would be awesome!

PM me if you might be able to help and gracias.

--Matleo
  16. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

The address is on their website. Where would you be coming from?
  17. ploobis Well-Known Member

I hope one of these events happen in New York! I would love to meet Dave Goelz and Caroll Spinney!
  18. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Well, if you look at the scedule on the first page, you'll see that they are, infact, doing one in New York. A lot of us seem to be from here, so that is what we are discussing now.
    :smirk:
  19. RKUNKLER New Member

MelissaY1 im coming from bellmore,NY. Will :flirt: be there.
  20. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Oh then you can either drive there, or take the LIRR as I'll be doing.