1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GelflingWaldo, May 10, 2007.

1. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Another Update!

According to the Cinema Arts Centre website, a full list of screenings/schedule and special guests will be posted on July 1st!
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

ooooh!

This Frogboy (and my Plus-One) will attend! I am so happy. I remember the wonderful Art of the Muppets exibit I experienced when visiting Indiannapolis many, many years ago. I wonder how this will compare. So, any Californian MCers that attend these events, I'll be the very pale blonde dude with a ginormous smile. Feel free to say hi!
  3. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Ooh, I rully wanna go to the one in LI, but it's almost impossible from where I am. I'm getting a bit desperate what with all these events I'm missing! Would any of you from either out of state or upstate NY happen to be driving through Westchester on your way down? Maybe we could meet up somewhere...
    On a more practical note, I'll check the train schedules to see if there's any way of doing it.

I just remembered I have cousins in LI! Maybe they'll take me!
    :excited:
  4. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

Oh man i wish that i lived in the NY area unforcanally i live in Texas yuck .

i am hoping though if mony falls right in a few years then i can go .
    i love to see the muppets in person they are my faverite hobby have been for my whole life .:)
  5. MelissaY1

If you take a train from Westchester into NYC, you can get out to Long Island easily from Penn Station. There's a train that goes to Huntington and then you can just get a cab from the Huntington train station to the theater. Might cost you a bit but it sounds like it's going to be worth it!
  6. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Oh definately, thanks!
    :)
  7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Oh man would i love to go. That would be so awsome to see the Muppets in person. That has been a dream ever since i was yea high to a grasshopper. Maybe in a few years or so maybe maybe i could get to see it but don't know when.
  8. MelissaY1

Okay, so small update: advanced tickets go on sale for members ONLY on July 1st
  9. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Members of what. Please explain.
  10. MelissaY1

Sorry, members of the Cinema Arts theater in Huntington where the event is going to be held.
  11. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Does it mean that nonmembers cant go.
  12. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

I think it means that members get the advanced tickets on July 1st, and nonmembers have to wait a week or two for the regular sale.
  13. Too bad none of us knows any members that we can slide the $ to in order to get advance tickes!
  14. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Well...you COULD become a "temporary member", per se. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to sign up, perhaps donate a bit, and then get out. Though I suppose, if that were possible, it would be sort of like using them, and that's "not what the Muppets are about" and things...
  15. MelissaY1

Hey I just joined as a member so I could get advanced tickets :) Yes it IS open to anyone, but just like the museum of TV and Radio in NY and LA (oh wait it's called the Paley center in NY now yuck) if you're a member you get first dibs on tickets, hence one of the benefits of becoming one. This theater is actually having a membership drive NOW where they're selling memberships for $10 less than what it normally is. I paid $40 it's usually $50...check out the past links in this thread or just google cinema arts centre huntington ny...sorry don't have the link offhand right now.
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

- I'm guessing Dave Goelz will be at those first 2 listed lectures. Either way I'll try to make both. I believe he is a CA native so he might not be attending cross-country lectures. Wonder if Gonzo will attend? Will the fabulous Ms Karen Prell attend?
  18. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Hungtington Cinnema Arts Center website says Most events will be introduced by members of Jim Henson’s creative team. That should include muppets.
  19. MelissaY1

Well it could go either way. I've been at screenings in the NY area in the past where sometimes the performers bought their characters and sometimes they didn't....we'll just have to wait and see...
  20. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

If a puppeteer is going to introduce something, it only makes sense for them to have their puppet. While not required, I can't see why they wouldn't want to bring Kermit or someone to establish themselves as a puppeteer.

Although technically Kermit wasn't a part of Jim Henson's creative team, on account of he is a puppet.