"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/05/muppets-music-magic-tour.html

The "Muppets, Music & Magic" tour is a traveling event created by The Jim Henson Legacy and the Brooklyn Academy of Music that tour features rare films and short programs from the Henson archives. Events, screenings and presentations will be made at locations around the USA as the tour travels.

Here are some upcoming stops that have been "locked in":
June 21-July 1, 2007
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco
Special guest Dave Goelz​

August 10-12, 2007
The Cinema Arts Centre in Huntington Long Island
Tons of special guests!​
There are many additional venues (in such locations as Austin, Houston, Cleveland, Ithaca, and Los Angles, among others) that are considering hosting event screenings in the near future. I will keep informing you about booked venues as they are locked in and confirmed.

More information on the tour and what the events are all about can be found here: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/05/muppets-music-magic-tour.html

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Thats cool and its a great way to meet the muppets. The Muppets were there 2 years ago and Muppeteers will be there. i cant wait. Technicly just Skecksis but still cool.

zns

Reaction score
If it ever hits me here in PA, I'll be sure to be there.

beaker

Reaction score
Oooh! San Francisco! I am soooo there. I wonder what day Goelz will be there, and what exactly they will be showing.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Anybody from MC going to the one in Huntington LI on August 10-12 like me. Its the best because it has alot of guests.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Anybody from MC going to the one in Huntington LI on August 10-12 like me. Its the best because it has alot of guests.
I am definitely going to be there at one of those days! Where is the guest list posted?

TeacherLady

Reaction score
Darn. I'm guessing I'll miss it... The only big Henson event I ever got to see was in MOMI in London. Pretty cool, but I'm always hungry for more and I would love the opportunity to meet the actual Muppeteers and other magic-makers.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I'm probably going to the Huntington LI showing. It's not too far a drive from Ohio, I don't think. I haven't seen a guest list anywhere, and even when I talked with the tour coordinator she wasn't sure on a final guest list.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
There is no guest list posted. All it says there are Tons of special guests. They will probably put a guest list up later as we get closser to the event.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
So, the one in Huntington. Three days, tons of special guests, Henson film rarities...sounds a bit like a less life-altering second Muppetfest to me. Yay! :smile: