"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I think it means that members get the advanced tickets on July 1st, and nonmembers have to wait a week or two for the regular sale.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Too bad none of us knows any members that we can slide the $ to in order to get advance tickes!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Well...you COULD become a "temporary member", per se. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to sign up, perhaps donate a bit, and then get out. Though I suppose, if that were possible, it would be sort of like using them, and that's "not what the Muppets are about" and things...

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hey I just joined as a member so I could get advanced tickets :smile: Yes it IS open to anyone, but just like the museum of TV and Radio in NY and LA (oh wait it's called the Paley center in NY now yuck) if you're a member you get first dibs on tickets, hence one of the benefits of becoming one. This theater is actually having a membership drive NOW where they're selling memberships for $10 less than what it normally is. I paid $40 it's usually $50...check out the past links in this thread or just google cinema arts centre huntington ny...sorry don't have the link offhand right now.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Hungtington Cinnema Arts Center website says Most events will be introduced by members of Jim Henson’s creative team. That should include muppets.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hungtington Cinnema Arts Center website says Most events will be introduced by members of Jim Henson’s creative team. That should include muppets.
Well it could go either way. I've been at screenings in the NY area in the past where sometimes the performers bought their characters and sometimes they didn't....we'll just have to wait and see...

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
If a puppeteer is going to introduce something, it only makes sense for them to have their puppet. While not required, I can't see why they wouldn't want to bring Kermit or someone to establish themselves as a puppeteer.

Although technically Kermit wasn't a part of Jim Henson's creative team, on account of he is a puppet.