1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GelflingWaldo, May 10, 2007.

1. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Huntington is in Long Island, New York
  2. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

OK, We know that for the Huntington event that Heather Henson and Fran Brill will be there. Does anybody know if Dave Goelz will be there?
  3. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

MeepBorkMeeps Dad called and the person said he would be there.
  4. MelissaY1

Yes and the guy I spoke to there said he was also confirmed though he hasn't been posted on the site yet...
  5. Sigh....this sucks. I just started looking at hotels in NY and pricing out what it's going to cost for me to drive up from Ohio to this. Given the cost of hotel stay alone, I don't think I'm going to be able to do this. Unless anybody knows of somewhere you can stay for cheap, I think I'm out for MM&M.
  6. ...and the Happiness Hotel doesn't count :)
  7. MelissaY1

There's a lot of reasonably priced hotels on Rte 110 in Huntington/Melville which is not far from where this is going to be held. I go to a lot of Huntington events and a lot of my friends who come in for them are from out of state and have found cheap but not trashy places nearby to stay....
  8. goshposh

goshposh Member

Does anyone know if there is a weekend package for the event or do we have to buy tickets to each individual thing?
  9. MelissaY1

As of right now, each screening is a separate price. I know, I wish there was a weekend pass. Two people at the theater said they're "working" on that, but as of right now we have to buy tix individually...I know it sucks. It adds up!
  10. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm still a bit
    :confused: about that. Are each of the events 10 dollars?
  11. MelissaY1

Yes, that's correct. $10 for general admission, $8 for members of the theater.
  12. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

$10 for general admission, $8 for members of the theater and students
  13. Fragglemuppet

Alright, my arangements fell through; it turns out that my friend relocated,
    :( so I'm working on an alternate plan of action. Melissa, you said there were inexpensive hotels in the area. I'm not very knowlegeable when it comes to things like this, so could you please point me and others who might be in the same posission in the direction to some of the least pricey ones?
    :) Thanks.
  14. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

((Sorry to interrupt this question, but dad called and the guy said that the reason those three weren't posted yet was because 1) Carroll probably wouldn't be able to come, 2) Kevin Clash is filming a movie with Jamie Foxx and he doesn't know when he'll be let up and therefore can't choose a particular event to introduce yet, and 3) Dave Goelz doesn't know when he'll be free either.))
  15. MelissaY1

Well then the guy I spoke to was a liar because he said Dave Goelz was definitely confirmed! :(
  16. MelissaY1

I know there's a Hilton Hotel on Rte. 110 in Huntington which is not far, your best bet would be to try a site like Hotels.com and search for cheap places in Huntingon Long Island. Or just google hotels on rte. 110. I personally have never stayed in them, so I don't know exact prices and details. I just know friends from out of state have stayed at them. I'm unfortunately not a travel agency LOL
  17. Fragglemuppet

Thanks anyway.
    :)

Awww, that's a shame, though I'm not really all that surprised. Kevin and Dave will be there I'm sure, but they're just not sure when. Let's hope for the best!
    :concern:
  18. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I would like to know if Dave Goelz will be there for sure before I start making any plans.

:concern: :confused: :cool:
  19. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

I heard from this guy who talked to somebody who knew what was going on:

A finalized guest list for each event will be put up by the end of today.

"This guy who talked to somebody" may not be a credible source.

If the guest list isn't put up and you're running out of time, Ploobis, I'd shoot for either MFS or the Muppet 101.
  20. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

...So tickets go on sale TOMORROW and still no word on whether or not we can get a weekend pass? I'd like either a definite "yes" or a definite "no". Because if I pay $160 for me and my sister to see these movies and THEN they release a special weekend pass well... needless to say I'll be severely irked.