Elmo's World: The Movie?

SillyRed

Reaction score
I bet some parents will scream when this happens!:eek:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm not a parent, but Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................:eek::eek:hahahahahahahahahaha!!!:big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
I'm interested to find out more about this if it is indeed in planning. It might not be as bad as people are anticipating. Sure, it's Elmo and there is a lot of Elmo hate around here, but it might be good! I mean, we don't even know what the real premise is going to be. It might be fun! Besides, they'll have other characters in the movie. As big as Elmo is, he can't carry an entire film without the others. Even Follow That Bird wouldn't have worked without the rest of the cast.

furryredmonster

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I'm interested to find out more about this if it is indeed in planning. It might not be as bad as people are anticipating. Sure, it's Elmo and there is a lot of Elmo hate around here, but it might be good! I mean, we don't even know what the real premise is going to be. It might be fun! Besides, they'll have other characters in the movie. As big as Elmo is, he can't carry an entire film without the others. Even Follow That Bird wouldn't have worked without the rest of the cast.
I agree.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think all the Elmo hate is rather un-necessary... I mean sure the modern-day Sesame Street revolves more around him than Big Bird back in the old-school days, but I mean come on, it's still the same show isn't it? Doesn't Big Bird still live in his nest? Doesn't Gordon and Susan still live at 123 with Ernie and Bert in the apartment below them and Maria and Luis in the apartment above them? Isn't Hooper's Store still in business even though Mr. Hooper died over twenty years ago? Don't Maria and Luis still run the Fix-It-Shop? Doesn't Oscar still live in the trashcan next to the stoop? Don't we still see The Count, Cookie Monster, Grover, Prairie Dawn, Telly, and Snuffy? Sure Elmo's really big right now, but it's not like it's going to become "Elmo Street". I mean I wasn't upset when Colonel Potter took over for Henry Blake at the 4077th!

Kiki

Reaction score
Princeton said:
I read somewhere that there is an Elmo's World movie in the works. Is this true?
An Elmo's World... movie?? Are you like, for real?!
Boy I bet that's gonna suck. :stick_out_tongue:

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
Well, i may not be Elmo's biggest fan (severe understatement:wink: ), but if it makes little kids happy, i'm all for it

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If other people want to see it, that's fine, that's their decision. But if it's anything like the Elmo's World on TV, then I know I wouldn't be satisfied with it, it's not the same level of education and entertainment. True they may have other characters, but Elmo would be the most important one and that just doesn't interest me. And if I had kids I wouldn't take them to see it either, after all not every kid enjoys 'modern' Sesame Street. (I'd probably rent Follow That Bird for them, heh.)

BEAR

Reaction score
heralde said:
If other people want to see it, that's fine, that's their decision. But if it's anything like the Elmo's World on TV, then I know I wouldn't be satisfied with it, it's not the same level of education and entertainment. True they may have other characters, but Elmo would be the most important one and that just doesn't interest me. And if I had kids I wouldn't take them to see it either, after all not every kid enjoys 'modern' Sesame Street. (I'd probably rent Follow That Bird for them, heh.)

What if they wanted to see it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am pretty mixed about this info....

If this means that ALL the characters are in it in a bizzare Elmo-verse where everything is crayone drawn, it sounds like there could be potential. That is, Elmo's imagination gets away with himself, leading to child-friendly and adult appealing mayhem. I.e. Elmo could draw some sort of monster or something that gets out of control, causing him to have to rescue everybody.

But do I see this as a Theatrical movie? Not by a long shot. True, I would LOVE to see another Big Screen venture, but it seems unlikely, and considering the idea is just an idea as of now, if a Sesame Movie is made, it won't be this one. Direct to DVD? Sure. It would work better as a 90 minute minifilm or something of that nature.

But I will say, just because Elmo's name is scribbled in Craolya Red all over it doesn't mean it would be terrible. I didn't give Elmo in Grouchland a chance until last year or so, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was Elmo's Movie, but Big Bird and Oscar were still there. Too bad Kermit didn't have a cameo.

But then again, this could be nothing. Let's not get into an Anti-Elmo tizzy for something that may not be. :smirk: