Elmo's World: The Movie?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
BEAR said:
What if they wanted to see it?
Lol, you know I have thought about this before! It is a tough question. I'm sure I've enjoyed things my parents didn't get. I wouldn't purposely introduce my hypothetical kids to Elmo's World. I'd want them to know they don't need to go along with what's current and popular. And I'd want them to see shows that I consider to be better.

If they discovered it on their own and liked it, I certainly wouldn't tell them they couldn't watch it. It is just a TV show after all. But I would also try to introduce them to things I've enjoyed (but never forcing). :smile:

Actually, thank you for asking, that took a load off my mind!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I think all the Elmo hate is rather un-necessary... I mean sure the modern-day Sesame Street revolves more around him than Big Bird back in the old-school days, but I mean come on, it's still the same show isn't it? Doesn't Big Bird still live in his nest? Doesn't Gordon and Susan still live at 123 with Ernie and Bert in the apartment below them and Maria and Luis in the apartment above them? Isn't Hooper's Store still in business even though Mr. Hooper died over twenty years ago? Don't Maria and Luis still run the Fix-It-Shop? Doesn't Oscar still live in the trashcan next to the stoop? Don't we still see The Count, Cookie Monster, Grover, Prairie Dawn, Telly, and Snuffy? Sure Elmo's really big right now, but it's not like it's going to become "Elmo Street". I mean I wasn't upset when Colonel Potter took over for Henry Blake at the 4077th!
That's true! sometimes we focous on how much things have changed that we forget just how much the same they really are.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but somehow I think the Elmo's World format just works better as a series of several fifteen-minute segments, each focused on an individual topic, than as a single ninety-minute movie. I mean, you'd have to find a topic that could sustain that length.

Now a movie featuring the characters...maybe.

pollick529

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Oh please no. ((Ducks head))
Oh brother. I bet Elmo's gonna be in his room the whole time for two hours talking about one topic. I imagine it's just going to be as retarded as the segments. :zany:

hehehe

Reaction score
Idea for Opening

Okay, I was listening to Songs from the Street (finally got to hear it) and for the first time heard Elmo's Song. It actually gave me an idea for the opening of the Elmo's World movie. Seriously. Follow me on this one:

(We open with a shot of Sesame Street over the credits, panning down through the street until we reach the outside of Elmo's apartment where Zoe is standing outside, impatiently waiting.)
ZOE: (muttering to herself) Come on, Elmo, you’ve been in there for ten minutes. What’s takin’ ya? (She sees us. In normal voice.) Oh! Hi! I’m just waiting for Elmo to come back from feeding his goldfish. He’s sure taking an awfully long time. I mean, when I feed Rocco, I just give him his food and he eats it himself! What is taking Elmo so long? Hey, (she goes closer to the screen) do you know why Elmo takes so long feeding his goldfish? (without waiting for an answer) I’m gonna ask around.

(With that, we spend the next five minutes or so with Zoe going around the neighborhood, visiting various people and Muppets, who all have no idea of the answer to Zoe’s query. The final person she asks is Big Bird.)

BIG BIRD: Well, Zoe, why don’t you ask Elmo yourself? In fact, I’ll go with you.

(Big Bird and Zoe both walk back to Elmo’s apartment, where Elmo is just emerging.
ELMO: Hi Zoe! Hi Big Bird!
ZOE: Well, there you are Elmo!
ELMO: (giggles) Elmo was feeding Dorothy.
BIG BIRD: Yes, we know. In fact, that’s why we’re over here, Elmo.
ELMO: Huh?
ZOE: Elmo, why does it take you so long to feed your goldfish every day? Can you not find the fish food?
ELMO: (giggles again) No. Elmo knows right where the fish food is. But Elmo likes to go to Elmo’s World when he feeds Dorothy.
BIG BIRD: Go to where?
ZOE: Who?
ELMO: Elmo’s World! It’s Elmo’s very own place where he thinks about cool things!
ZOE: Your own world? I’d like to see that!
BIG BIRD: Me too!
(Elmo considers this for a second. He smiles.) Okay, wait right there!
(He goes back into his apartment and returns carrying Dorothy in her fishbowl, a sheet of drawing paper, and a set of crayons. He sets Dorothy down on the stoop outside his apartment and sits next to her. He is about to begin drawing when Maria comes up.)
MARIA: Hi guys! Elmo, what are you doing?
ZOE: Oh, Elmo’s about to give me the answer to my question!
MARIA: Oh, about his goldfish?
BIG BIRD: Yeah, he’s about to show us his own world!
ELMO: Would Maria like to see too?
MARIA: Sure, Elmo. I got a few minutes—I’m curious too.
(This goes on—Elmo continuing to get interrupted by people wanting to see, until practically all of Sesame Street is at the front of his apartment.)
ELMO: Does everybody want to see Elmo’s World?
(They all agree. Elmo giggles.
ELMO: Okay! But this means one thing. (Looks at small sheet of paper) Elmo gonna need a bigger sheet.
(He runs back into his apartment and comes back pushing a large easel. Two of the humans run up and help him put it down on the ground. Elmo turns and addresses the kids.)
ELMO: Okay. If we are going to make Elmo’s World big enough for everyone to fit, Elmo’s gonna need your help. You need to sing the Elmo’s World song with me and make it big enough that I can create a BIG world! Okay, ready?
(The beginning of Elmo’s Song plays in the background. Elmo begins singing. After he goes through it once, with the La-la-la’s from the original song in the middle, he turns to the kids.)
ELMO: Okay, bigger than that! Come on! (Elmo sings it again.) Okay, now everybody! (With the drawing finished, everybody sings it for the final time)
ELMO: That’s Elmo’s…
ZOE: That’s Elmo’s…
ALL: Thaaaaaaat’s….Elllllllmooooo’s Wooooorld!
(On the final note, the whole street changes! All of the businesses and apartments become crayon-drawn, all the trees—basically, everything on Sesame Street becomes an Elmo’s World version of itself.)

Now, that’s the opening. And the story could be that after exploring the concept of imagination, Elmo can’t get everything back to normal. They’re stuck! How will Elmo fix this??? :smile: That’s a way they could get all the Muppets in there. So, what do ya think?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking, actually.

You see, by an "elmo's World movie" we're fearing it's going to be a 90 minute Elmo's world, when we could have some potential for something like this. Surely, there would be great conflict in something going horribly (but not too horrid for the kids to like) wrong, getting them into bizzare situations.