Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

Splurge

Reaction score
Casey Kasem

lowercasegods said:
Yeah, Casey Kasem did a few narrations for Sesame Street cartoons. He was a pretty cool guy.
Was? He still is cool. Alive and kicking and still contributing his voice talent. :smile:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't mean to imply I thought he was deceased or anything. I just meant he was cool in the Sesame Street cartoon. And in general, present tense.

Ziffel

Reaction score
How about the two slot machines and the guy would ask if the two items they landed on were the same or different? And the children's voices would then say. Sometimes they would answer too quickly, like "diff .. same!" and then giggle.
Seems like I've seen this one here at MC before (seems like I even might have talked about it myself!) but couldn't find it just now so maybe not.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
My favorite SS cartoon

Mine would have to be the one where this guy is talking about the word impolite and how we don't want to be impolite. Meanwhile offstage there's this rude guy making all these smart alecky comments like "tell us all about it bright boy." At the end of the sketch the guy says excuse me and leaves the screen. We then here some loud smashing noises (supposively the smart aleck is getting beat up), after which he resumed his speech uninterrupted

mikebennidict

Reaction score
he was actually talking about the letter i and Impolite was indeed mentioned. matter of fat the only word mentioned but the rest of it went as is.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh yeah there's another one I haven't thought of for a long time. And like a lot of sketches, I recall pretty vividly the latter part of it but don't really recall the beginning (that's probably because the closing parts often have the most humor, action, or irony, and are thus more memorable. :smile: ). After that guy talking about impolite says, "Excuse me" to go take care of that rude guy, he comes back and says, "Try not to be impolite. Thank you for your time." That's like that guy on the phone who was demonstrating that hello is a polite way to answer the phone. But then after several wrong numbers in a row he angriliy answers it, "Hello!"

beneneuman

Reaction score
I used to like the animations made in the sand, set to banjo music! :smile:
Are any of these animations available on DVD?

Ziffel

Reaction score
One came to mind today where a boy repeatedly says, "Imagination". I think there was the sound of his footsteps for about five seconds between each time he said that word. Can't recall what he walked to but I IMAGINE it was things he was imagining were there. :stick_out_tongue:

Interesting how many times a sketch I haven't thought about for many years suddenly pops in the mind. I was at work today when this "imagination" one came to mind. I wasn't trying to think about old SS either. Just happened to come to me. Guess when you've seen the same segments a bunch of times as a child they get permanently housed in the mind and can come to memory suddenly without much rhyme or reason. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
And another animated sketch came to mind. And sketch really is the right word too! It was the one where a little girl kept saying, "What if I took this pencil and connected these lines like so..." And she sketches various things like a building and skyscraper.