Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

Nicole

Reaction score
What were your favorite cartoon segments on Sesame Street?

These are some of the ones I've always liked:

1. The cartoon about the cat trying to get into the can of cat food.

2. The cartoon about the two little girls eating alphabet soup and each of the letters stood for a certain animal. (Except V stood for violin and X stood for xylophone.) Then after the girls had finished their soup, they went outside to play.

3. The "Between" cartoon. A little man was doing various things between two big men (hammering, jackhammering, eating lunch, etc.) For each task, the announcer would say "Between."

4. The cartoon about the snakes that went on a picnic and everything they ate began with S.

5. The man that went to bed and said "Sleep, at last!" Then a fly wakes him up, then a chicken, and then a rabbit playing the drums!

What are your favorite ones?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Fav. SS cartoons

Here are the majority of favorite SS cartoons,not in any particular order:
  • The Alligator King
  • Alphabet Soup
  • The Cartoon,B is for....
  • Behind Your Face
  • Capital I
  • Cowboy X
  • Daddy Dear
  • The E Song
  • Five Purple Konkers
  • The letter G,is the first letter in the word,giggle(man laughs)
  • G for gorilla
  • The J Song
  • King Minus
  • Ladybugs' Picnic
  • Loaf of Bread...
  • Lower-case N
  • My Martian Cutie
  • Nancy the Nanny Goat
  • The O Song
  • The Pinball Song
  • Small V
  • Ten Tiny Turtles on the Telephone
  • That's about the Size
  • Three
  • Toucan two-step
  • The Typewriter guy
  • The Villan in the Panama Hat
  • W for Wilhemina
  • Wanda the Witch
  • Willie Wimple

dustinrn

Reaction score
fav cartoon

my favorite animation segments were always the "Billy Joe Jive and Sweet Susie Sunset" detective kids. :flirt:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
There's also Marvelous Martha: M,M,M,M,M.Reminded of that one from SS Unpaved book.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
3 favorites

Boy oh boy, how to whittle down thirty-five years worth of animations into a few... there are the usual suspects, like lower-case n and Capital I, but some others, if I had to pick three...

1. c- cake, Clarence eating the whole birthday cake
2. e- the boy flying away with the eagle and the Easter egg, over the evening sea, tee-hee. BEAUTIFUL sunset.
3. o- Olga and Oscar, the first of many Spanish cartoons I remember, floating away on an innertube. Lucky I live close to the Jersey shore, so I get to do the same thing.

Funny how my three choices are all letters. Analyze that! :smirk:

Xerus

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out who was the person who did these cartoons....

The cartoon about a witch telling an A story about an ant and and archer.

The L story about a lion chasing a leopard.

And the cartoon about a boy coming home from a rainy day and imagining his house was a jungle.

Does anyone know who did these cartoons and if that person did other stuff as well?

P

Princeton

My mom laughs so hard every time she sees that cat food cartoon. :wink:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i mentioned 1 of these before but it was the cat chasing the mouse cartoon, not the the 1 where the cat uses boxing gloves to break down the wall but the 1 that starts out with the big pink ball turning into a cat and the small blue ball becomming a mouse and after the chase somehow the cat and the mouse turn back into balls. > the 1 where the hand draws a pictures of a rr bridge and completes it just in time for the train to pass. > while this onr isn't a favorite of mine, rememebr the alligator singing about keeping your teeth clean and healthy? the song starts out like you got to brush 3 times a day to keep the cavities away etc. you know the guy who did the voice for the alligator sounds like Francois Clemmons from Mr. Rogers's Neighborhood. he played the neighborhood cop in the early days on the show and moved away to become some sort of singer but appeared on the show occaisionally.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Here are a few that come to mind....

Yellow Yahoo -- Every time I see this clip, it tickles me inside like nothing else.

I-C-I-C-L-E ---one letter I for you, and the other I for me!

Nancy the Nannygoat (Since my first name is Nancy, you can imagine how many times I've been called that! :smirk: )

The "C---I hate cucumbers" clip

The "F---Flea circus" clip