Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

mikebennidict

Reaction score
when i was young i didn't comprehend this one to well and thought the bubble gum whatever you call it in it's round form were called pounds.

PiLfan

Reaction score
ok, this one is a bit obtuse...mainly because, even though i recollect much of it, the cartoon seems to make no sense or really teach anything ('cept abstract art maybe).

it's a grainy cartoon of dark colors...it shows an apple tree on a green mound or hill against an orangish sky background. there's this little, unrecognizable, critter off on the corner of the screen that shoots its tounge at the tree like a frog (the critter looks nothing like a frog, btw) and the apples begin to fall one by one. after about 4 or 5 apples fall, the camera pans backward and you see that the green mound is really some giant's forehead...then it just ends. it's accompanied by some rather creepy music, sort of like muffled bagpipes.

like i said...weird. anyone else remember this one? i last remember seeing it sometime in the 80s, but it was probably made in the 70s.

Soul H

Reaction score
I remember that. Just like Smokey Robinson's U song, the music, creeped me out.

PiLfan said:
ok, this one is a bit obtuse...mainly because, even though i recollect much of it, the cartoon seems to make no sense or really teach anything ('cept abstract art maybe).

it's a grainy cartoon of dark colors...it shows an apple tree on a green mound or hill against an orangish sky background. there's this little, unrecognizable, critter off on the corner of the screen that shoots its tounge at the tree like a frog (the critter looks nothing like a frog, btw) and the apples begin to fall one by one. after about 4 or 5 apples fall, the camera pans backward and you see that the green mound is really some giant's forehead...then it just ends. it's accompanied by some rather creepy music, sort of like muffled bagpipes.

like i said...weird. anyone else remember this one? i last remember seeing it sometime in the 80s, but it was probably made in the 70s.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
PiLfan said:

i posted about this 1 in section 4 of this thread though you might of discribed it better. I liked it.

PiLfan

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i posted about this 1 in section 4 of this thread though you might of discribed it better. I liked it.
oops, didn't see it the first time i gleemed the thread...but i went back to check.

so you think the critter was a man with a red stick or something? my memory of it is just getting fuzzier and fuzzier, but i recall it looking like a weird little animal...a rabbit with horns, and a long, frog-like tounge (maybe it was a crude drawing of a bullfrog). but i know we're talking about the same toon...the green-faced mountains at the end is unmistakeable.

it's quite possibly the oddest clip i can remember from SS, which is saying a lot...the show was definitely trippin' back in the 70s.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
you could be right. it might of been some kind of animal. I haven't seen it in years.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't think these where mentioned. there's these human faces 1 a man and the other a woman and the shape of their faces changs.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Not sure if I know that one. Another cartoon I don't think was mentioned before had a guy on the second floor trying to sleep but he kept being disturbed from a guy above him and a guy below him. One would snore and the other would sneeze. I think his lines to these guys were, "Please don't snore, I can't talk it anymore!" and "If you please, don't sneeze!" Then the narrator says things would quiet down for a while. But then the same thing would happen again all through the night. This one seemed to pop up quite often on SS.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
what I'm trying to remember was his name Mr. Tweep or was it Mr. Tweak? I always interpeted it as Tweak but it could of been Tweep since it rhymes with sleep.

Ziffel

Reaction score
That's right his name was something like that; I had forgotten that till you mentioned it. Like you, I'm not sure either whether it was tweak or tweep.

Another cartoon they showed many times on SS was with two guys in the dark trying to find a light switch. We only see their eyes. I remember it starts out with a guy saying, "Gosh darn it." The other guy says, "What's the matter?" "Well there's a light here somewhere but I'm not tall enough to reach the string." "Well listen maybe if you found something to stand on you could reach it." Then they feel around and a guy says, "Hey here's something. It kind of feels like sardines." The other guy says, "No, that would be too slippery." Then a guy finds a box. But the other guy says, "I'll fall down". The other guy says, "No you won't." Then he gets on the box and promptly falls off. "I told you I'd fall!" "Oh I'm sorry. Hey maybe if I hold the box steady you can stand on it and reach the string." So they do that and the guy says, "Hey it worked I can reach the string now!" "Hey terrific!" "Okay, I'm gonna turn on the light." Then he switches on the light and we see him standing on the box but the "guy" holding the box is really a monster. So the guy says, "Yuck!" and then turns the light back off. The monster was smiling when the light was first turned on but then stopped smiling once the guy said, "Yuck!".