Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Here's what I remember.

It was a stocky cartoon guy wearing a hat and buisness suit. A moth suddenly flew next to him. And a narrator goes, "Once there was one more." And the word MORE appeared. "And one more", and another moth appeared making the guy nervous. Then many MORE moths appeared and started attacking the guy. Then the moths left and the guy appeared in nothing but striped boxers and a chewed up hat and sleeves. And he says, "Now there's less of my... my clothes. And you can see more of me! Dee dee dee deedeedeedeedee!" And he tips his chewed hat and dances away. Probably a really embarrassing moment in his life and was trying to make the best of it.
oh yeah. now I remember.

Javajunkiemom

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Just had another epiphany.How about the cartoon,where there are 3 boys.

'Indians don't talk like that.Oh yeah,well how do you know? I'm an Indian.Oh.'

:excited: :eek: I haven't seen that one!!!! Anyone know where I could find it?

Javajunkiemom

Reaction score
These have probably all been mentioned but it doesn't matter cause they are my faves too.... :wink:

Teeny Little Super Guy
Ladybug Picnic
12345 678910 11 12
any of the ones with that green cat (what the hack is his name? I am racking my brain trying to think of it :mad: )
And tons more I can't think of....

nearly 30 years of SS kinda blends after awhile... I know this isn't a cartoon but it is one of my faves...not sure what it starts out as but it is a girl (muppet) singing a song to a baby(muppet) about tortilini (sp?)

Girl:"tortilini, tortilini, tortilini'

Baby: "lini"

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hey Mike Bennedict I need your great memory once again. Just thought of a cartoon that I remember how it went but can't recall for sure if it was SS or TEC. I think it was SS. There was a guy in a house and a fly is buzzing around annoyingly. A voice says, "Fly." The guy tries to swat at it and kill it but misses. The voice again says, "Fly." This continues a couple more times or so until the fly lands on a window and the guy hits the glass and breaks it. Now a bunch of flies come buzzing in the house and the voice says, "Flies."

superfan

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
My fIrst fave Is the one where thIs guy Is drIvIng a car whIle a background voIce sIngs about the many thIngs that begIn wIth I. If I remember rIght the man In the background had a slIghtly brItIsh accent. :sing:
I also liked the one where the boy riding the bicycle gets lost and winds up seeing all these crazy things and then meets a man with a yo-yo who turns into all of them and tells him how to find his way back home. "Try to remember everything you passed, but when you go back, make the first thing the last." I still use that method when I'm going anywhere new to remember how to get back to where I started. :sing:
Oh, that has got to be one of my favorite cartoons ever. (ie, man with yo-yo) What were the writers smokin'? :big_grin:

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
nope it was TEC.
Thanks. It actually makes more sense that it was TEC come to think of it. Because they probably displayed the word fly on the screen and then were teaching kids how the word changes to flies when you make it plural.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Remember one where a character of some sort says something like, "Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Step right up and see where t words are the word of the day. Big ones and small ones. Fast ones and tall ones." Then a brief pause. Then he says, "And today's word is..." And another character says, "Telephone." But I forgot how it goes after that. I remember as a child being confused about telephone being "today's word" because there never was any other t word segment of the day they did. heeheehee.

Rosewood

Reaction score
"Hello!!!"

Ziffel said:
That guy on the phone who was demonstrating that hello is a polite way to answer the phone. But then after several wrong numbers in a row he angriliy answers it, "Hello!"
Is this the one where everyone calling asks for "Harold" and, when he finally answers the last call, angrily, the person on the other end says "This is Harold. Did anybody call?" :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
As Orville said to Wilbur, you're right (Wright). Yeah that seems to be one that has stuck in people's memory quite well.
Boy seems like there were quite a few telephone ones on SS. Earlier I had thought of the cartoon where telephone was the t word of the day, there's this one, there's that one about not being impolite on the phone, there's that Grover in the empty telephone booth one that was brought up recently, there's the telephone rock song from the phone booth, there's that sketch where Maria and I think Luis eat the telephone and shock the Cookie Monster, there was that E&B blackout skit mentioned recently where Ernie calls Oscar on the phone in the middle of the night. Boy, I guess this was one subject the writers got hung up on. :stick_out_tongue: