Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Still hoping to make it to the Library of Congress at some point. Does anyone know if the AAPB is still digitizing episodes or did COVID put that on hold?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I did discover on the Muppet Wiki that all of Season 19 now has tables, at least. Not sure if it is fully guided though.

So this means Seasons 14, 17 and 18 are the only 1980s seasons that still need tables.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
@scarecroe thank you bunches for writing these transcripts! Both skits nearly had me falling out of my chair laughing (I wonder how many times Jim and Frank had to rehearse them without cracking up...but I guess the same can be said for almost all of their duo performances)! :laugh:
Fingers crossed that video footage of both parts will come around one of these days! :smile::super:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, that definitely sounds like the typical Frank Oz humor from Grover. 😂 I’ll be sure to have that saved on my to watch list when the day the AAPB library gets some 70s episodes loaded (unless the clip surfaces beforehand).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don’t think the wiki has done a sketch transcript in so long.

while this transcript comes from the script as opposed to a video copy (I guess they dropped this from circulation early on), I can’t believe I never thought before that, while they’re limited with uploading clips, they possibly could have made transcripts for certain rare clips. Some time ago Scott was asking about clips that have not surfaced online in English, eventually saying never mind about it, and I wonder if a wiki transcript is what he had in mind.

the sketches are pretty much what I expected.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They probably didn’t air internationally because they show words on the sign. Or are there sight word segments that have aired internationally (it would be hard to replace the words being spelled)?

I looked at the “what links here” and so far the wiki doesn’t know of any airings past season 3. The yes segment is noted as being in two episodes so far and the no segment in three so far. Looking at the script, I don’t notice anything that would make the segments objectible (not more so than any other Kermit and Grover segment that was circulated for years), so if they were both pulled from the show then they must not have taught the kids that well.

Hopefully it won’t be long before we see if either aired after season 3. It’d be interesting to know if they ended up airing past season 4, and I really don’t expect either airing in seasons 14, 15, 17, 18, or 19 (was one of those seasons recently completed on the wiki?). And of course they might have aired in episodes without being in the scripts used for reference (I doubt they’d be in a whole lot of episodes despite not being in those scripts), maybe they were in some of the scripts that definitely aren’t the final aired versions.

I think those two skits used to be high on my wishlist for whatever appropriate DVD release (though in my mind, I’d usually only wish for one of the two per release), but in recent years I had most enthusiasm to see those (but if I heard they were online I’d probably watch as soon as I heard). When Toughpigs did that 50th anniversary survey and asked what we’d like to see on a possible DVD release, I don’t think I put either on my wishlist.