Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

cjd874

Reaction score
The lack of other characters besides Big Bird, Oscar, and the humans were a big determine to the street scenes.
Yeah, once Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson's characters started becoming regulars in the street scenes, then things got a lot more interesting. When the writers used comedic characters like Cookie Monster and the Count with Big Bird, Oscar, and the humans, the show was able to stretch out much more than before. But those characters also had incredible depth and range: Grover could be goofy but he could also be very serious. And later on, Richard Hunt spiced up the street scenes with his memorable Muppets too (Don Music, Gladys, and Forgetful Jones to name a few).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
It feels like there's been a dry spell with adding classic season 1-10 episodes to Muppet Wiki. Not a complaint, just an observation. I remember a few months ago there were new additions nearly every week. But lately I haven't seen any new episodes that have been tabled, or with photos for the street scenes.

Side note: one of the more "recent" additions that has become a new favorite is episode 676, where Big Bird imagines he's living on Sesame Gulch in the Old West. Oscar also tries to conceal his feelings for Maria...great writing by Joe Bailey, with awesome inserts too. Heck, most of season 6 had some great episodes: 666, 680, 711, 725, 731, 733, 744, and 757 to name a few.
Seasons 8 and 9 are fully tabled. It could be possible that much of the 70s have tables now, with little or no work left except for images from street scenes.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Holy moly! I honestly never thought I’d see the day!

Still wish I could have helped with my opportunity to go to WGBH back in March with some episodes I wanted to contribute in guiding (thanks covid and the Trump supporters - I MEAN “anti-mask” ***holes who did nothing to contribute the prevention of the virus spreading)..... but, at the very least, once I can go back, I’m still gonna make an appointment to look at certain skits that were known to have extended post-roll footage to see if it ever possibly aired in an episode or not (for my own general knowledge, and with the guides in mind, I can use them as a reference to see where they appeared), as well as see which skits had which performers that aren’t listed on the wiki (and possibly make this into a sandbox page for minor AM characters associated with different performers), see which takes of certain skits that had two takes were used in which episodes, and of course, some for my own entertainment viewing in between.

Last edited:

Any Del

Reaction score
Still holding out on the full extended English version of Ernie's Barbershop.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The latest the full three part skit aired unfortunately was season 6..... so that's a skit which is under the hands of Sesame Workshop in terms of giving it the light of day.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I’m really hoping that the Bert & Ernie segment: Rubber Duckie in the desk aired later on. Whenever I get a chance to go to Boston, I am going to look for an episode that has it.