Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow! A lot with Bert's brother Brad. Woof Woof's debut before he was Barkley. It's a shame that a lot of these eps aren't online.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2154

An interesting sequence where they use a computer to learn about other "upaguses" besides Snuffleupaguses.

Geez, it's not long after the adults finally see that Snuffy was real, and they're suddenly learning that there are other kinds of upaguses in existence? Couldn't they have waited a few seasons, after everyone's more used to Snuffy "being real"? (well, they had the idea and how much longer could this show last....)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Shane, That sucks. People are signing a petition for them to be available for downloading.
Kid, I have the privilege of being able to view them at WGBH and almost had that opportunity last March but had to cancel cause of covid, and still can’t go there cause of these anti mask ***holes contributing to this virus, but you don’t see me complaining. 🤷🏿‍♂️

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I hope the archive will have online or less restricted viewing. I know there are a lot of places like the public library in new York which has an archive of recorded broadway shows but it's open only to in person viewing by journalists.
Late reply, but having the episodes online for public viewing is unfortunately a no-go; lots of rights negotiations with different estates will have to be involved (music, celebs, animators etc) which costs way too much money. Also, knowing this fanbase, people are gonna take complete advantage and screen record or download.

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
There were only men in the later scenes of show 1959, although women Maria and Rita can be found during the first scene.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Geez, it's not long after the adults finally see that Snuffy was real, and they're suddenly learning that there are other kinds of upaguses in existence? Couldn't they have waited a few seasons, after everyone's more used to Snuffy "being real"? (well, they had the idea and how much longer could this show last....)
I wonder about that too. It seems like the cast did meet Snuffy's relatives, particular Alice recently after Snuffy was introduced to the public. One Snuffleupagus hiding for so many years is strange enough, but the other Snufflupaguses.... Something to think about.