Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I highly doubt the skits lasting one season (if that’s the case) were due to poor results. I feel like it probably just had the status of coming and going too quickly.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I highly doubt the skits lasting one season (if that’s the case) were due to poor results. I feel like it probably just had the status of coming and going too quickly.
Besides if something was tested poorly they wouldn’t air it, like the uncut version of Imagination or the divorce episode with Snuffy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Besides if something was tested poorly they wouldn’t air it, like the uncut version of Imagination or the divorce episode with Snuffy.
I thought there has been a lot of segments that aired and then tested poorly afterwards (maybe they tested well enough with the test audience, which would be a fairly smaller amount of children than those who would watch when they air on television). I can’t really think of any segments, though.

There are a lot of segments that I’m sure they just didn’t get around to airing (seems like there are some that aired once or twice after not being on the show for a good amount of seasons).

After the wiki guides every single episode from seasons 4-9 we’ll know for sure if these two aired often in the 1970s (I wonder how often “often” is, I’d like to say around once a season would be good enough, or maybe a small amount of seasons but several times in each season that did show it).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
and I really don’t expect either airing in seasons 14, 15, 17, 18, or 19 (was one of those seasons recently completed on the wiki?)
Seasons 15 and 19 are fully tabled, as far as I know. Season 15 may be fully guided with illustrations of street scenes, but I am not sure about Season 19. After just checking Muppet Wiki, all of Season 14 is fully tabled except for three episodes (one of them being the lost episode #1814). There are a lot of episodes tabled in Seasons 17 and 18 as of lately, but still some work left to do.

Also, I discovered the other day that Seasons 8 and 9 are fully tabled, but many without illustrations of street scenes. Yep, it looks like the bulk of the work on the episode guides is nearly completed.

I did read somewhere that there was not a lot of work left on adding tables. Last I read, it was like 300-something, but it could be far less now. I have a hunch that all of the episodes will be fully tabled before the end of the year.

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
Seasons 15 and 19 are fully tabled, as far as I know. Season 15 may be fully guided with illustrations of street scenes, but I am not sure about Season 19. After just checking Muppet Wiki, all of Season 14 is fully tabled except for three episodes (one of them being the lost episode #1814). There are a lot of episodes tabled in Seasons 17 and 18 as of lately, but still some work left to do.

Also, I discovered the other day that Seasons 8 and 9 are fully tabled, but many without illustrations of street scenes. Yep, it looks like the bulk of the work on the episode guides is nearly completed.

I did read somewhere that there was not a lot of work left on adding tables. Last I read, it was like 300-something, but it could be far less now. I have a hunch that all of the episodes will be fully tabled before the end of the year.
Well, season 15 is almost thoroughly guided, with the exception of one episode – show 1864.

cjd874

Reaction score
It feels like there's been a dry spell with adding classic season 1-10 episodes to Muppet Wiki. Not a complaint, just an observation. I remember a few months ago there were new additions nearly every week. But lately I haven't seen any new episodes that have been tabled, or with photos for the street scenes.

Side note: one of the more "recent" additions that has become a new favorite is episode 676, where Big Bird imagines he's living on Sesame Gulch in the Old West. Oscar also tries to conceal his feelings for Maria...great writing by Joe Bailey, with awesome inserts too. Heck, most of season 6 had some great episodes: 666, 680, 711, 725, 731, 733, 744, and 757 to name a few.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
It feels like there's been a dry spell with adding classic season 1-10 episodes to Muppet Wiki. Not a complaint, just an observation. I remember a few months ago there were new additions nearly every week. But lately I haven't seen any new episodes that have been tabled, or with photos for the street scenes.
Heres hoping they get on with it. At least seasons
2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9 because IMO, those are the good seasons. 1, 10, and 11 each have their own strengths and weak points (especially the first, but that's understandable considering they were just getting started). 4, 5, 12---heck, everything after that for me is "Yuck!"

cjd874

Reaction score
At least seasons
2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9 because IMO, those are the good seasons. 1, 10, and 11 each have their own strengths and weak points (especially the first, but that's understandable considering they were just getting started). 4, 5, 12---heck, everything after that for me is "Yuck!"
Season 1-4 are hit-or-miss for me. Season 5, 6, and 7 are prime vintage SS, as the show hit its stride. I haven't seen enough Season 8 or 9 material to draw conclusions about those seasons, except for the season premieres and the excellent Hawaii episodes.

Season 10 is really good, and the range of inserts within each episode was SUPER diverse. I can't say this is true, but it seemed like in each episode the producers and writers put in films, sketches, and cartoons from the prior 10 seasons. Like a new street scene, then a season 3 cartoon, a season 9 film, a season 4 E&B skit, etc. Overall, I would really like to see more tabled & completed guides for seasons 5-10, or at least 5-7.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
All I really care about in regards to the first four seasons are the inserts. The street scenes weren’t that great in all honesty.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@scarecroe for clarification, since you recently fully-guided episode 2130, is the SMV intro omitted in “Wet Paint” or no? I just want to ask for the sake of knowing if the intro was consistent in initial airings or not (I know further airings by 2240 stopped showing it).