Sketches that are only available in a foreign dub

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey all,

Tell me what sketches you know of that have only been circulating online in a foreign dub.

Meaning, the original English language version can't be found anywhere or has been considered "lost".

[edited to add] Please provide proof that the segment exists in the form of a screenshot, link to the wiki, or the dubbed video. If you can cite an episode it's from, or a year/season, that would also be helpful.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
How about this?

Dr. Nobel Price shows Oscar his newest invention - a tiny trash can with a surprise inside. After many guesses, Oscar opens the can, which unleashes balloons, confetti and party music (much to his disgust).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's the one where Sherlock Hemlock solves the mystery of who took Ernie's cookies (obviously, it was Cookie Monster).

And there's The Leslie Mostly Show segments with Cookie Monster and Kermit the Frog as guests.

Lefty the Salesman selling Herry Monster a bag (I think, I've seen an episode associated with it recently, can't remember if it was a fully guided one or not; on the other hand, that's only in English to a few of you). Also Lefty selling Ernie a book and a snowman.

Cookie Monster and Beautiful Day Monster explaining "here" and "there" to a smaller monster.

The Count calls the Miami Mice to come down to Sesame Street so he can count them.

A number of Biff and Sully scenes (I think most of them were parts of street stories and only featured in one episode of the domestic Sesame Street), such as one with a rainbow (I know it's from the early 1990s but can't remember which season or number... most of these I don't know the numbers off-hand), Biff telling Sully how sad he was after Sully left work, Biff and Sully babysitting Natasha (I haven't seen that one in any guides yet), and Carrot Time, with Biff at a saloon and Grover as the waiter.

Bert and Ernie: Banana in Ear part 3 (though that was in one of the episodes available only to the wiki for now).

Sesame Street News Flash - Dr. Nobel Price invents the tinker table, Herman the Hoppity Hop, Don Music writes Old MacDonald, Telly and Juliette (I think it's her and not Mona) talking about what they do on a rainy day.

The three Deena and Pearl sketches that are not Deena and Pearl playing house.

Most season 12 Forgetful Jones segments, such as Forgetful saying the alphabet, Song of Forgetful Jones (I am really interested in seeing this), the original Forgetful Jones remembering he needs Buster to go somewhere, and a song, I think it was called "How Could I Forget the Day We Met?"

Herry and Prairie Dawn demonstrating shoe sizes.

I don't have time to check for what episodes features these now, but most of them are in obvious sketch guide pages that list the first or EKA.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I do recall coming across a clip where Kermit has Grover touch his nose five times with his feet, then Kermit attempting it and hurting himself. There is a foreign dub (likely Spanish) of that sketch on the Internet, but nothing in terms of English.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's the one where Sherlock Hemlock solves the mystery of who took Ernie's cookies (obviously, it was Cookie Monster).

Also Lefty selling a snowman.

Bert and Ernie: Banana in Ear part 3 (though that was in one of the episodes available only to the wiki for now).

Sesame Street News Flash - Herman the Hoppity Hop, Don Music writes Old MacDonald,

Most season 12 Forgetful Jones segments, such as Forgetful saying the alphabet, I think it was called "How Could I Forget the Day We Met?"

Herry and Prairie Dawn demonstrating shoe sizes.
Just confirming for Scott that these are found by us.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I assume this one will likely be eventually found, but there’s a cover of “The Garden” with three Anything muppet hippies, one that would eventually become Big Jeffy of the Monotones. Grover and Cookie also make cameos. So far, only the Spanish and German dubs (and I think Hebrew?) have been posted.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The segment where Forgetful Jones forgets his winter coat

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a lot of first season segments that, before the wiki got trusted sources and video copies, were only available in other languages, many of them I've had trouble keeping track as to whether the wiki has English copies.

But I'd like to chime in that most Professor Hastings segments are only online in English (I saw that the exercise segment was recently posted on Facebook). The documentary series Learning Matters had an episode on Sesame Street which included clips from the emotions segment, but not the whole segment.

Some other segments (that I don't think the wiki has found):
  • Handful of Crumbs - the song was included on an album, and one fan did their own edit replacing the audio with the audio from the song, but there's some opening dialogue that was not included in audio releases.
  • Cookie Monster sings a song simply titled "Cookie" (which has recently become a segment that's higher on my wishlists)
  • Kermit and Grover: Snowman (though I have a feeling this is in at least one of the recently-uncovered episodes from one of the snow arcs)
  • The Count goes to the bank to count his money.

Probably shouldn't count those "monster band" segments with Elmo (and one has Grover), since they don't have any dialogue (so nothing to dub. I'd be surprised if they replaced the music).

Another thing that might be helpful would be to check various recurring sketch/character sketch guide pages and go straight to the bottom. I'm sure if there's a pictured segment that does not have an EKA or official release listed that it's only surfaced online in other languages (makes me wonder if there's any people just recorded off an international show and made a screenshot without anybody uploading). Of course there's also segments that appeared in video monitors at Sesame Place that have been dubbed and aired internationally, not to mention a lot of segments from the last two decades that haven't aired here yet, of course I think it's easy to tell if it's from the last two seasons or before season 20.

Thinking about these, it is amazing that there's a number of Biff and Sully segments that I think only aired once here that have shown up internationally, considering most of them take place on the street and international versions have their own main setting. Makes me wonder if some countries had an overwhelming demand for more Biff and Sully content than the amount of inserts they were in (yet no known international copies of them doing the alphabet or looking for a manhole).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has the wiki uncovered the original near and far with Grover in English yet?

For years a number of sites have mentioned that Jim Henson performed Grover in that one, I've seen it mentioned on the wiki (can't remember whether I put in that info, back in the days when unofficial sites were considered acceptable sources), and recently Sesame Workshop posted a facebook video about the near and far remake and mentioned Jim performing Grover in that, maybe they screened the original version or maybe they just got the info on the wiki, but it'd be interesting to see if that was correct.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
  • Cookie Monster sings a song simply titled "Cookie" (which has recently become a segment that's higher on my wishlists)
  • Kermit and Grover: Snowman (though I have a feeling this is in at least one of the recently-uncovered episodes from one of the snow arcs)
  • The Count goes to the bank to count his money.
These have been found.

Probably shouldn't count those "monster band" segments with Elmo (and one has Grover), since they don't have any dialogue (so nothing to dub. I'd be surprised if they replaced the music).
It's been suspected that those were made to be shown at Sesame Place, which seems likely.

For years a number of sites have mentioned that Jim Henson performed Grover in that one, I've seen it mentioned on the wiki (can't remember whether I put in that info, back in the days when unofficial sites were considered acceptable sources), and recently Sesame Workshop posted a facebook video about the near and far remake and mentioned Jim performing Grover in that, maybe they screened the original version or maybe they just got the info on the wiki, but it'd be interesting to see if that was correct.
This one has also been found.