TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

Beauregard

Reaction score
giovannii said:
i think Dil is a few sandwhich's short of a picnic.
*packs Pickle sandwhiches in picnic basket*

Anyone for cricket?

Teheheman

Reaction score
I'm all for the picnic and the pickle sandwiches, but I'm afraid I'm not much of a cricket player.

Daniel

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'll get the punch. *gets punched* Hey! Who did that?

Marky

Reaction score
Methinks there will not be a season 2 DVD.
Dis is more than eager to shun ABC`s history. Take two of their most beloved sitcoms in history - Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley. The season 2 disc set were shelved for a year. It`s been a nice 3-year year, if you know what I mean!

Disney has killed the muppets.

Marky

Reaction score
Dis is more than eager to shun ABC`s history. Take two of their most beloved sitcoms in history - Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley. The season 2 disc set were shelved for a year. It`s been a nice 3-year year, if you know what I mean!

Disney has killed the muppets.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Marky,

What you should remember is that shows like Happy days still have reruns playing a fair amount of time on TV, so the dvd sets would be a bit harder to sell. Where as the Muppet show hasn't been on TV for awhile and people are really wanting it. Season one sold very well, so I'm sure that their are planning on releasing season two.

Their are a lot of shows that are still going stong, so the dvd realeases take more time. For example, Anamanics and Pinky and the Brain dvds sold very well, and their already planning on realeasing vol. two before christmas, where as, say, the Simpsons seasons dvds take longer time due to the show still being on the air, where as Pinky and the Brain and such hasn't been seen on tv in some time. Another great example is "Family Guy", when that show was supposed to be "cancelled", and they realsed the vol. one set, it sold though the roof and vol. two was on the way, however when the show got pick up for new episodes and adlut swim airing the reruns every night, now it's easy to find used dvds of vol one and two, and the vol three, although still sold very well, didn't do as well as the first two vols and the fourth vol hasn't been rushed to release.

Know what I'm saying?

Marky

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
Marky,

What you should remember is that shows like Happy days still have reruns playing a fair amount of time on TV, so the dvd sets would be a bit harder to sell. Where as the Muppet show hasn't been on TV for awhile and people are really wanting it. Season one sold very well, so I'm sure that their are planning on releasing season two.

Their are a lot of shows that are still going stong, so the dvd realeases take more time. For example, Anamanics and Pinky and the Brain dvds sold very well, and their already planning on realeasing vol. two before christmas, where as, say, the Simpsons seasons dvds take longer time due to the show still being on the air, where as Pinky and the Brain and such hasn't been seen on tv in some time. Another great example is "Family Guy", when that show was supposed to be "cancelled", and they realsed the vol. one set, it sold though the roof and vol. two was on the way, however when the show got pick up for new episodes and adlut swim airing the reruns every night, now it's easy to find used dvds of vol one and two, and the vol three, although still sold very well, didn't do as well as the first two vols and the fourth vol hasn't been rushed to release.

Know what I'm saying?
Actually... I know exactly what you're saying.
Thanks!

:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Marky said:
I don't think Disney has anything to do with those sets not selling well. Besides, I don't think ABC owns those shows. I believe that those two shows are owned by Paramount. Also, The Muppet Show did not air nationally on ABC.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
"Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are both owned by Paramount- and currently each have their 1st. Season available on DVD!!! (I still hope the rest of the seasons will soon follow)
(However, they both were aired on ABC- but I'm pretty sure Paramount still holds the rights.)

And I'm still confident that The Muppet Show Season 2 will be out on DVD in 2007.:smile: