TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

anathema

Reaction score
Dil said:
Disney is a BIG company so they would own plenty of songs.
Why? That's like saying "Microsoft are a big company, so they must own plenty of songs". Disney are a *movie* company, not a music publisher.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
what would microsoft do with the muppets? Microsoft is a computer company. Now, I think the muppet babies should have been owned my cartoon network. Then they could show it on boomerang :big_grin: Wishful thinking...:frown:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think that he means that Disney is not just a movie company, it also owns other things. Like rights to songs and TV shows. That's kinda like saying that Dreamworks is JUST a movie company but they also have a record label. Although, Dreamworks could do a lot of things to the Muppets since they really don't have a lot of things going on, they could produce them and maybe do more things with them than Disney does. Here's the point, they don't own the songs off of TMS, they just own the Muppets franchise. Those may not include all the songs, they would have to clear them with the songwriters or their family.

Daniel

David French

Reaction score
Further to that last point - the rights to a song are (usually) owned by an individual and unless they give a movie company like Disney permission, or unless they have come to some other arrangement like ITC did with all of its TV series, then I'm afraid that particular song can not be used for commercial release (such as a DVD).

NB: I know there's a lot more to it than that, but I'm trying to simplify it all without going through all the ramifications.

D

Dil

Well? Earlier, you said you wanted the Season 2 DVD Complete. Remember?

giovannii

Reaction score
David French said:
What in the world does that mean or indeed have to do with my last post?
i think Dil is a few sandwhich's short of a picnic.