TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

Marky

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
"Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are both owned by Paramount- and currently each have their 1st. Season available on DVD!!! (I still hope the rest of the seasons will soon follow)
(However, they both were aired on ABC- but I'm pretty sure Paramount still holds the rights.)

And I'm still confident that The Muppet Show Season 2 will be out on DVD in 2007.:smile:
er... yes, I have both on DVD as well. Where are season 2 for either - nowhere. Ownership details weren't my point as much as this: it is possible for companies to shelve things. C'mon, if Disney really wanted season 2 out - we'd have it yesterday!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Marky said:
Methinks there will not be a season 2 DVD.
Dis is more than eager to shun ABC`s history. Take two of their most beloved sitcoms in history - Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley. The season 2 disc set were shelved for a year. It`s been a nice 3-year year, if you know what I mean!

Disney has killed the muppets.

That was before ABC was Disney, Paramout owns thos shows, Disney has nothing to do with them just like the Flinstones where on ABC in the 60s that doesnt make them Disney... there HB, and there owned now by Waner Bros. Just like the Muppet show it was on CBS here in the good ol US, but that doesnt mean CBS holds the DVD rights, henson did now Disney! :smirk: just a friendly note! :smile:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I would much rather Disney hold back the release of season two than have them release it quickly without extras, remastering or attempting to get clearance for complete episodes.

Marky

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
I would much rather Disney hold back the release of season two than have them release it quickly without extras, remastering or attempting to get clearance for complete episodes.
Hmm... I think my point was lost. Yup, it was definately lost there. Okay, I'll make it more simple-like...

Hold out your hands right now.
You are now holding what you should expect Disney to release for a season 2 Muppet Show set.

Enjoy!

Robin

Reaction score
Marky said:
Hmm... I think my point was lost. Yup, it was definately lost there. Okay, I'll make it more simple-like...

Hold out your hands right now.
You are now holding what you should expect Disney to release for a season 2 Muppet Show set.

Enjoy!
lol!!! Sassy!!!... and realistic!!!... Disney is the "wooden stake" to the Muppet's "Vampire"(or Count) All Walt Disney has done for the Muppets is offer a "Special Magical Closet" in the "Magic Kingdom" to mothball the Muppets... Where over time they will be whored out (cheesy Pizza Hut comercials, inappropriate apearences on Jimmy Kimmel)... Replica's puppets will be sold... (Just what Jim Henson always wanted... notice how many were available while he was alive?) yep Disney killed the Muppets...

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
If Disney had killed The Muppets, there wouldn't be so many people using this forum and there also wouldn't be so many people looking forward to the forthcoming Kermit Photo Puppet Replica and ANY Muppet release that Disney have had a hand in so-far. The Muppet Show Season One DVD box set is one of the best if not THE best Muppet DVD release ever even if some scenes had to be edited. Where else would we get to see "Sex & Violence" or the Pitch Reel in such great picture and sound quality? Sure, Disney have been a bit slack with their cancellation of Kermit's 50th Anniversary Tour but they are still the only thing we have to cling to as far as new or classic Muppet material and we have to put at least a little trust in them to release it now they own it! They would have to be pretty dumb not to want to make as much money as they can from the classic Muppet stuff they now own!
By the way, Disney WILL release the second season DVD box set of The Muppet Show. You just have to give them time instead of being so pessimistic. You would be better emailing them with what you want them to release instead of moaning on here about what you think they won't release.
Sorry to moan guys but it is you and not Disney that are killing The Muppets.

Robin

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
killed The Muppets, there wouldn't be so many people using this forum and there also wouldn't be so many people looking forward to the forthcoming Kermit Photo Puppet Replica and ANY Muppet release that Disney have had a hand in so-far. The Muppet Show Season One DVD box set is one of the best if not THE best Muppet DVD release ever even if some scenes had to be edited. Where else would we get to see "Sex & Violence" or the Pitch Reel in such great picture and sound quality? Sure, Disney have been a bit slack with their cancellation of Kermit's 50th Anniversary Tour but they are still the only thing we have to cling to as far as new or classic Muppet material and we have to put at least a little trust in them to release it now they own it! They would have to be pretty dumb not to want to make as much money as they can from the classic Muppet stuff they now own!
By the way, Disney WILL release the second season DVD box set of The Muppet Show. You just have to give them time instead of being so pessimistic. You would be better emailing them with what you want them to release instead of moaning on here about what you think they won't release.
Sorry to moan guys but it is you and not Disney that are killing The Muppets.
"Sure, Disney have been a bit slack with their cancellation of Kermit's 50th Anniversary Tour but they are still the only thing we have to cling to as far as new or classic Muppet material and we have to put at least a little trust in them to release it now they own it! They would have to be pretty dumb not to want to make as much money as they can from the classic Muppet stuff they now own!"

"THE MOST PATHETIC THING I'VE EVER READ ON MUPPET CENTRAL"
Thanks for the laugh!!! the cancellation of Kermit's 50th Anniversary was a sick crime!!! Disney STINKS for that!!! and who cares about money? That doesn't mean a great product... I want excellent Muppet quality delivered the way Jim Henson would, not Disney...

"Sorry to moan guys but it is you and not Disney that are killing The Muppets"
Second most pathetic thing I've ever read on Muppet central

"The Muppet Show Season One DVD box set is one of the best if not THE best Muppet DVD release ever "
No it is not! they are edited, and some episodes were not as first scene...

"forthcoming Kermit Photo Puppet Replica"
-yeah thats very cool, but anti Henson... I don't think he would have approved it! Muppets are not toys... they are tools of entertainment!

The Walt Disney Company is Company even Walt Disney would hate now!

The Walt Disney Company has their own original stuff to promote and sell The
Muppets seem to be more of a problem for them than the great ACQUISITION
that it was... Big Picture people!!!... Wow they approved a Kermit doll and a poor DVD Box set WOW!!! How sad is that!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
So I take it you would rather have NO MUPPET RELEASES AT ALL than the ones that Disney are releasing? Glad you feel so much for Jim's work that you would rather them all stay hidden away and never get released!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
By the way, don't forget that it was Disney that decided of the whole 50th Anniversary Tour in the first place. I would have rather seen that money go into releasing classic Muppet material than have "Kermit" turning up for guest appearances all over America!

Robin

Reaction score
Class, Heart, and Top Quality! Thats what I want! Not Rubish! I don't care about the tour... I care more about a Muppet special to celebrate Henson and Kermit that NEVER happened... NOTHING HAPPENED!!! Thanks Disney!