TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

rowlf

Reaction score
Welcome to the Disney era. Wonder how long before the entire thing is mysteriously cancelled like all of the projects from last year?

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
rowlf said:
Welcome to the Disney era. Wonder how long before the entire thing is mysteriously cancelled like all of the projects from last year?
I'm pretty sure the Muppet Show First Season was a big seller, so I doubt they would cancel something they can make money off of. My guess is they're having difficulty securing the rights to some of the songs, and after the complaints they recieved on Season 1, they want to make every attempt to get all the songs secured.

Hopefully it's only delayed.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Season 2 Planned for Summer

Read more here: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2006/02/muppet-show-season-2-expected-on-dvd.htmlhttp://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/...ed-on-dvd.html

The second season was originally planned for February release. However it was delayed. I talked with Disney and was assured that the delay was not based upon season 1's sales, which Disney cited as "terrific", nor was it due to lack of company support or planning. The production of this set is simply taking longer than expected - due to the enormous amount of legal clearances needed, and all the time needed on restoration and supplemental features (something most Disney TV show sets require much of). The Muppet Show is simply taking more than most of Buena Vista's TV shows on DVDs; and rather than rush it or cut corners, Disney wants to keep the quality of these highly anticipated sets up to the fans' desires and expectations.

I was told that, as of now, the second season is expected for release, hopefully, this summer. And that they plan on releasing all five seasons (it just may take 12-months to prepare a set, rather then the originally expected 6-months). It is coming and they are taking the time to do it right (rather than cut a bunch of musical numbers and have lacking bonus features). Buena Vista Home Entertainment is not able to give a final list of any features of specifications – those things just aren’t final yet. But if everything goes as planned, we should see an official announcement later this spring (March/April-ish).

Read more here: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2006/02/muppet-show-season-2-expected-on-dvd.html

rowlf

Reaction score
While it would be nice to be so optimistic, I'm not going to believe Disney's press releases until I (hopefully) have the set in hand. After a lot of big promises, they've delivered on very little in regards to the Muppet brand.
Now that the big Muppet supporters are gone from the company, all signs point to a slow fade out before the Muppets get buried.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to choose to believe the press release. I've seen Muppet WOZ sit on the shelves, gathering dusk... but TMS S1 flies off the shelves (allong with TMM and GMC). As much as I doubt Disney will make good on half of the promises, I still think they will release this. Disney is already announcing plans to release Darkwing Duck and The Tick (you see, they own the animated series because of the buyout of Fox Family), so they must have to make good.

I hope the delays mean no edits to the episodes due to greedy old guys who own the copywrites to songs just for the sake of owning them, like last time.

Besides... I don't mind waiting. I'm rediculously behind everything in DVD's... Don't even had 80's TMNT Vol 2 yet... or even Fraggle Rock... Or ALF. I'm really behind on ones I'd sell a kidney for.

Frogster

Reaction score
Well, I hope it still comes out, not just something that just keeps getting delayed until they finally decide not to. I'm already lookin foward to seeing Season 3 cuz I've seen most of Season 2.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'm also hoping it's just cause they are trying to get the music rights and stuff. Personally I would love perhaps on the last season, for them to include the "Tribute to Jim Henson" whatever it's called. That would be a great 'capper' to the whole series, you know?

Reaction score
Id rather them take a little longer on the release then them to release it bareboned, unrestored, lots of edits etc.