The Old Cartoon Network Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Danny Antonucci announced today that his old MTV short, LUPO THE BUTCHER, has just been picked up for a series on Netflix, which appears to mark his return to more graphic, adult animation.

crackmaster

Reaction score
HBO Max CUT a bunch of Space Ghost Coast to Coast episodes with copyrighted music and video, including "Hipster" (featuring CHAD GHOSTAL, no less) and an ESSENTIAL episode, "Sequel," one that I was LOOKING FORWARD TO.

If they weren't pansies when it came to copyright issues and didn't HIDE from anything to do with rights, I would've gotten to see Chad again, AND I would've gotten to see Birdman's final appearance. I hate you, HBO Max.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody here ever collected any of the old CN comic books like I did, but I have to say, I was really disappointed with how cheap DC had gotten towards the end of CARTOON CARTOONS' run, and even into CARTOON NETWORK BLOCK PARTY - especially with their Courage comics, because by then, they stopped actually coloring the backgrounds with series-accurate photorealistic textures like the show itself always utilized, and that was always one of the things that really made Courage stand out from other Cartoon Cartoons, and contributed to the show's memorable look and atmosphere.

Any Del

Reaction score
I've read them all online. Plus, the new art style for the show towards the end was pretty decent in my opinion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I collected them when they first came out, however, there weren't any actual comic book stores close to where I live, so I would have to go all the way out to the western part of town every month where there was a Books-A-Million to snag the new issues when they came out. Every once in a while, they would skip a month, for some reason, so there's about maybe three issues I'm missing that I wasn't able to get ahold of . . . I'm pretty sure one of them is actually one of the very last issues of Cartoon Cartoons, and I just remember the cover had Ed, Edd n Eddy in outer space - I usually tried at least getting the issues I knew would have EEE and/or Courage stories in them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what I've been wondering lately? Why exactly did the original three Cartoon Cartoons always include a little 15-second skit after their second 7-minute segment?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know what I've been wondering lately? Why exactly did the original three Cartoon Cartoons always include a little 15-second skit after their second 7-minute segment?
On a similar note (which I guess should go on the Nickelodeon thread), why did Ren and Stimpy have little skits in addition to their main episodes while the other Nicktoons did not?