The Old Cartoon Network Thread

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
As much as that would be great, he doesn't have any say on the matter. WB owns it and can do whatever they want without Craig's permission.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Craig works for the system. If he were an independent and retained creative control and ownership over his own creations, that'd be a totally different story.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's worked better for some than others. Sid & Marty Krofft, Bagdasarian Productions, for example.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here, but EEE had a peculiar influence on me and my own creative and artistic work, in that this show is the exact reason why all of my original characters - whether they're puppet or cartoon in origin - have purple tongues.

One of the things that me and my friends, classmates, peers, etc. took notice of immediately when this show came out was all of the characters having different colored tongues (which Danny has said was inspired by his kids and their friends eating the kinds of candies that would change the color of their tongues) . . . I remember noticing in particular a majority of their tongues seemed to be varying shades of blue or green, and at that age, I thought if I was a character on EEE, my tongue color would be purple, just to be a little different . . . and that has just, somehow, carried over into my original work.

So, if you've noticed my original characters having purple tongues, and wondering to yourself why, this is the reason why.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One other artistic choice about EEE that has stuck with me after all these years too is the fact that it is one of the very, very few cartoons I've ever seen in which whenever the characters have gotten wet, the color of their hair and clothes darken. I rarely see that in any animated shows or movies . . . ordinarily, you'll just see their hair or clothes hanging really loosely and dripping, but the colors are usually the same as if they were dry. Not with EEE, as you can see with ol' Rolfy boy here:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I noticed that myself. I give Danny props for making the effects of being wet more realistic

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was reading that the voice actor for Jimmy was actually just a high school student when EEE was in production - if that's true, that actually kind of explains why Jimmy's voice actually seemed to get deeper over the seasons.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
His voice got better with age imo. Did not like the way it sounded in the first season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I agree about not caring for the way he sounded in the first season, but at the same time, I feel like he started sounding too much like Mickey Mouse in the uncanceled seasons after the original series wrapped.