The Old Cartoon Network Thread

crackmaster

Reaction score
Does anyone remember Toonami's Trapped in Hyperspace event? I wish the game for that was found. I wanna hear Swayzak's New Zealander accent and I wanna see TOM be infected by Swayzak. (He was pretty much Emo Peter Parker from what I think.)

Any Del

Reaction score
Curious to hear people's opinion on which era of Tom and Jerry they liked. I personally like the Tom and Jerry segments from the Hanna-Barbera and Chuck Jones era.

Any Del

Reaction score
@D'Snowth you mentioned back in the favorite CN thread that you were pretty much done with CN after the powerhouse era ended and didn't care much for CN City. Is it because of some of the shows that were airing during the era? Seeing old Cartoon characters interacting with the new ones or?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think a lot of it had to do with what a sudden and unexpected change it was, unlike Powerhouse, which they more or less eased into by gradually transitioning from Checkerboard. Also, to me at least, Powerhouse is what really made Cartoon Network what it was, and really brought the personality and identity to CN that was somewhat lacking in the old Checkerboard era.

CN City, on the other hand, felt like they were suddenly trying way too hard to seem more hip, modern, urban, and somewhat edgy - it didn't even feel like CN to me anymore. I will admit, not a whole lot of the shows really stood out to me by then either . . . I also kind of felt like CN was suddenly placing such importance and emphasis on their new shows that they never really did with their older shows - like I remember what a big deal they made out of KND, and how they immediately treated it like it was their biggest hit they ever had (maybe even bigger than Dexter or PPG).

Any Del

Reaction score
I made this ost from "Family Business" episode of Courage.

It's a shame that the series never had an official soundtrack release because the music in the show was phenomenal!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dude, Jody Gray has been wanting to put out an official Courage soundtrack since the 2000s, but nothing ever happens! I agree though; between his music for Courage, as well as Guy Moon's for Cow and Chicken, those are among some of my favorite cartoon music scorings ever.