The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I really wanted to go see the new Lion King movie, but it looks like that won’t be happening.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, from hearing the reviews, I would probably just wait till it comes on home media at this point. But that’s up to you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Gulf of Mexico is contaminated with flesh-eating bacteria. It's like there's no natural body of water people can step foot into anymore.

Any Del

Reaction score
Don't bother that movie isn't worth your money and time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are any of these "live action" remakes really? Evidently the only reason ALADDIN did better at the box office than anticipated was purely for nostalgia - nothing more.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Heck, at least even Aladdin had the Will Smith genie going for it. The new Lion King is almost entirely just the original but more bland.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
that was my issue with beauty and the beast. everything about it just felt so bland. like there was no emotion or energy put into it from the actors. the be our guest scene especially was just...boring

i hate to say it but for as much as people complained about how the genie looks, will smith was probably the ONLY thing going for aladdin

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've been severely depressed today because a local 11-year-old girl in our small town hung herself earlier today. I didn't know her personally but just the mere thought of someone that young taking their own life just crushes my heart into pieces.

It all happened because she was being bullied at school. What has this world come to?
See, this is the difference between now and forty years ago. I was bullied at that age, but it didn't make me want to go hang myself.
You want to get people to stop bullying you? You have to STAND UP TO THE BULLY AND DEFEND YOURSELF. And you have every right to.
It's conquering fear, otherwise fear conquers you. And don't you dare tell me it can't be done, because I'm living proof it can be.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You want to get people to stop bullying you? You have to STAND UP TO THE BULLY AND DEFEND YOURSELF. And you have every right to.
I was bullied as a kid, but I always received conflicting signals from this message.

My friends told me the exact same thing you're saying; my parents, on the other hand, said the exact opposite, because "standing up to the bully" = "just inviting more trouble on yourself." Their message, instead, was more along the sticks-and-stones vein: just ignore the bait, and eventually the bullies will get bored and give up. Or, so I was told.