The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Got into some beef with a shady guy on the subway due to me not wanting his advertisement even though I told him politely I wasn't interested.
Then there's my grandmother from my mother's side who's in a comatose state due to getting shot while she was going grocery shopping.... :frown:
Sorry to hear about all of that.

Any Del

Reaction score
So I'm at the Road Trip event right now and it's disappointing.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I think I got food poisoning for the second time in my life! I hate it! I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Update: My mom May have food poisoning, too! Why is it that when people eat a certain food or eat at a certain place that some people get sick and others don’t? My brother and my dad aren’t sick...yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Was it Romain lettuce? My mom got food poisoning from that earlier this year.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I don’t know. The burger I had from Red Robin did have lettuce with it, but my mom didn’t have lettuce at all and she still got sick

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We didn't have a single cloudy day this entire month of May.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don’t know. The burger I had from Red Robin did have lettuce with it, but my mom didn’t have lettuce at all and she still got sick
It seems like the burger could have been the biggest risk to her health. How was it cooked?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
She only had chicken fingers and fries. I had the burger cooked medium well

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Something doesn't add up. It seems ground beef would be the cause for being sick, if it's not cooked d good enough, or it was left out at room temperature where bacteria can grow.
Chicken is harder to spoil because chicken nuggets or fingers usually come frozen.As a cook, we had to take a course in food safety so things like this don't happen. If anyone ever did get sick, we could be sued or shut down. The Board of Health doesn't like people getting sick.
I would love to go and check out that Red Robin. I could tell you immediately if their kitchen was not up to code.