The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Something doesn't add up. It seems ground beef would be the cause for being sick, if it's not cooked d good enough, or it was left out at room temperature where bacteria can grow.
Chicken is harder to spoil because chicken nuggets or fingers usually come frozen.As a cook, we had to take a course in food safety so things like this don't happen. If anyone ever did get sick, we could be sued or shut down. The Board of Health doesn't like people getting sick.
I would love to go and check out that Red Robin. I could tell you immediately if their kitchen was not up to code.
The thing is I never got sick from eating the food before. So I guess if I go back with my family, I’ll just eat something else and hope I don’t get sick again.

By the way, I think it’s cool that you’re a cook. I watch quite a bit of Food Network shows like Chopped and some baking shows.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I like to cook, my wife likes to bake. At Christmas she makes a ton of cookies for our church, and I love how the house smells when she bakes bread.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not really sure where to post this - I had thought we had a more general "How Are You Feeling Today?" thread, but I've gone back through the Friends and Family board to 2013, and haven't come across it, so I'll just post it here then:

I've posted about this before, but the Trump economy continues to take more and more of a toll on me. As I've said before, with paychecks getting smaller and prices rising, it's becoming less and less common for me to be able to afford to eat solid meals . . . I don't mean like going out to a restaurant and ordering a big meal, but I also mean buying groceries at the store to be able to fix solid meals at home. So, because of that, I've been having to eat a lot less so far this year: maybe a sandwich here and there, a box of macaroni and cheese from time to time, crackers with stuff on them, whatever. That's not to say that I haven't been able to eat solid meals entirely, but they've become few and far between . . . maybe two or three times a month or so.

And because of that, now I've developed a problem: I've had to adjust to eating so much less this year that whenever I do eat a solid meal, it absolutely wrecks my digestive system . . . I won't go into details, but let's just say I end up running into the bathroom multiple times a day for a number of days afterwards . . . not to mention the discomfort I experience in my lower abdomen.

I've already had to go to the doctor once for this earlier in the spring.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been trying to get caught up on my insurance payments, but the last check I sent in evidently bounced, so now on top of how far behind I already am (thanks to the Trump economy), I'm now four months behind, and owe roughly $550 or I'm on the verge of losing my coverage for the rest of 2019.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to AARP, my state has the highest sales tax in the whole country, tying only with Louisiana.

Interestingly enough, for whatever reason, Oregon, Delware, and New Hampshire are the only states with absolutely no sales tax. Lucky buggers.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
You know how I mentioned a couple of months ago that all of the Winnie The Pooh holiday specials ended up getting found on Archive.org?

They got removed either yesterday or today because the uploader's account ended up getting locked.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've been severely depressed today because a local 11-year-old girl in our small town hung herself earlier today. I didn't know her personally but just the mere thought of someone that young taking their own life just crushes my heart into pieces.

It all happened because she was being bullied at school. What has this world come to?