The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On a different subject, am I the only one who thinks food and drinks should just be completely free?

No, it's not because I'm some lazy liberal who wants everything free, but I mean George Costanza actually brought up this point one time: you're essentially just flushing your money down the toilet in a manner of speaking, when you consider whatever you eat or drink ends up meeting the same fate.

Then again, Kramer and Newman also illustrate that in certain states, you can recycle bottles and cans for a 5 or 10 cent refund . . . that's some sort of compensation, I guess.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No. You’re paying for someone else’s labor. Somebody killed and butchered your cow so you can have a steak.
Someone else purified and bottled your water so you don’t have to dig a well and get the water yourself.
unless you completely live off the land, hunt and fish for your dinner, grow your own vegetables, raise chickens so you can have eggs, milk your own cow, you’re paying for someone else to do the heavy lifting, and all you have to do is zap it in the microwave.
That’s the convenience you’re paying for.

You think Jerry milled all the grain for his cereal himself?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s true that after you eat, you spend time in the bathroom. The only way around that is simple.

Don’t eat. Save your money for something important.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who actually feels bisexual is the most underrepresented of the LGBT community?

Speaking as a bi man.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
From my observation, bisexuals actually get a lot of grief from the within LGBTQIA . . . plus . . . community itself. It's like if the bisexual person is in a relationship with somebody of the opposite sex, the community's reaction is like, "Yeah, so you're not really bisexual then, are you?" But if the bisexual person is in a relationship with somebody of the same sex, the community's reaction is like, "Oh, why don't you just go ahead and say you're gay already?"

Then there's pansexuals . . . which the community seems to feel is like, "Now you're just making up another label to keep yourself from being labeled as a bisexual," so they'll just go ahead and label themselves as bisexuals to get people to shut up.

(Yeah, I know a lot of bisexual people).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Right? It’s so frustrating! Like my preferences are women when it comes to dating and sex (not into *****), but that doesn’t mean I don’t find many guys attractive and don’t consider myself bi. It’s like at the end of the day you’re not in my position so please don’t act like you can decide what my sexual preferences are.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Then again, I can see where sometimes bisexual and pansexual can be confusing to the average joe . . . from what I understand, the main difference between the two is that bisexuals usually have a preference for one sex over the other despite being attracted to both (in your case, you being having a stronger preference for women over men), whereas pansexuals don't care either way.

Then there's asexual and aromantic, whereas asexuals have no attraction to anybody whatsoever, whereas aromantics may experience an attraction to somebody, but otherwise have no romantic interest in them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who will quite literally squeeze every last drop of life out of batteries before changing them? I mean batteries wear out quickly enough as it is, but if you go ahead and change them as soon as whatever device you're using indicates the battery is getting low, you go through way more batteries way more quickly than you should - I say, just keep using them until they are morally, ethically, spiritually, physically, positively, absolutely, undeniably and reliably dead. You'd be surprise how much mileage you'd still get out of those dying batteries before they completely kick the bucket. No, it's not much, but it's enough to justify holding onto them and using them till the end to save on batteries in the long run.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I try to avoid that because I have one has batteries explode in an old remote I have for my SHARP box TV, and as a result, the remote didn’t work anymore due to the white acid that was exposed in it. I had to get a new remote off eBay as a result and was lucky to even find one at all.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who think people are just completely ******* dishonest with what they say is an issue or what they believe in?

No. Anytime I see this **** being talked about, there’s always a clear double standard to it that they refuse to admit because they know it’s true. I can read these people like books.