The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one this happens to: sometimes different passages of time don't feel like the way they are? For instance, for some reason, last week feels like a long time ago, but at the same time, it feels like it was Halloween just yesterday.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who actually prefers Little Richard’s performance of “Rubber Duckie” over Ernie’s?

I mean, it’s just so upbeat and catchy, plus Hoot’s solo sax and those effects! And I just love wailing my vocals to that version.

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I mean, the original is a classic, but sometimes it feels kinda bland. On the other hand, I never get tired of Richard’s rockin' rendition. The sax solo is also pretty epic.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
What always stuck out for me the most were the close-up shots of his hands playing piano and those black and white TVs.

The only thing that bothered me a little as a kid was him saying “and I got my BIIIIIIIIIG, big, fluffy towel!” It was a bit of a startle for me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like, generally speaking, that cell phones are sort of killing the art of photography and videography?

Granted, I'm sure there are some serious photographers or videographers out there who wouldn't dream of parting with whatever kind of cameras they use for their craft - DSLR or otherwise, but it does seem like anymore, one of the biggest selling points of cell phones anymore are their camera functions, with some even bragging about how they (supposedly) are capable of shooting 4K or even 8K quality pictures and videos . . . and it does seem like a lot of these so-called "influencers" just rig their phones on some sort of tripod device and use that to shoot their content, but I don't really see how serious photo/video enthusiasts can really work with such footage. I know there are mobile versions of photo and video editing programs, but that hardly seems practical for serious projects, I don't know.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t agree with using phones if it’s professional material.

Maybe a few quick pics or selfies sure, but not professional use.