The MARVELOUS Muppets: "And He'll Stand With..."

muppetwriter

Reaction score
This is the last chapter before the climatic one where Gonzo, the Fraggles, and the X-Men make their Last Stand.:smile:

Chapter Eighteen​

The next day at the mansion, Bobby had discovered that Rogue was nowhere to be found, which made him think that the young mutant that he loved very much had decided to go and take the cure that mutants had been accepting over the past few weeks, thus turning them into normal human beings. Rogue had always hated her powers, because they kept her from touching the people that cared the most to her. Knowing exactly where Rogue could’ve been, Bobby had left the mansion went to one of the nearest pharmacies in Westchester to find and talk her out of what she was doing. Once he got there, he noticed a protesting mutant mob that had formed across the street from the pharmacy, which had a line of mutants waiting to be cured.

Standing amongst the many mutants in the mob that were crying, “No to the cure!”, Bobby desperately looked past several picket signs that had the same message written on them to see if Rogue was standing in that line of soon-to-be-cured mutants. What he failed to notice though were four figures that were walking towards him; two of these figures were big and ominous, while the other two were smaller (one being the shortest of the bunch). Bobby noticed them in the corner of his right eye and turned his head to see that it was Pyro, Leon, Sweetums, and Doglion.

“Going off to take the cure so you can go back home to Mommy and Daddy?” Pyro teased, and Bobby seriously wasn’t in the mood in confront the four meanest members of the Brotherhood.

“I bet he’s just itchin’ to be cured.” Leon uttered. “He might as well go off and cure himself, since his Professor is dead!” That comment made Bobby furious; his fists were clenched so hard that they began to turn into hard cold ice. The four Brotherhood members noticed that and they braced themselves for one serious fight. Pyro ignited a small flame from a fire-creating device that was attached to his wrist, turning it into a small fireball. Leon had also done a freaky trick with his own right hand, which horrifically morphed into a hideous, scaly, clawed version of itself.

“And this is only half of what I can do with my body.” Leon told Iceman, who noticed how Sweetums and Doglion were readying themselves for another brawl. He knew that it’d be an unfair battle, considering it was four against one.

“Look,” Bobby said, “I didn’t come here to cause any trouble. I’m just looking for a friend of mine.” Pyro and Leon both grinned in the most wicked way, knowing who Bobby was looking for.

“Oh,” Pyro said, looking towards Leon, “His girlfriend.”

“Figures. I’d always knew she was a wuss.” Leon said. “Mutant or human, she still wouldn’t look good in a bikini.” Bobby was about to come at Leon, until Pyro stood in front of the lizard-like mutant/muppet and blocked Bobby’s path.

“You wanna make your move on someone, why not start out with me…Iceman?” Pyro said, and the way he said Bobby’s nickname told the mutant that Pyro was just waiting for the opportunity to destroy him. However, Bobby didn’t want to put any of the people around them in serious danger, so he backed away from the Brotherhood mutants and started to leave.

“Just like your girl…a wuss!!” Leon exclaimed.

“Always running from a fight, Bobby!” Pyro shouted, just before he shot out a huge flame at the pharmacy across the street and destroyed the entire building. Everyone, including Bobby, ducked as the building erupted in flames, while Pyro, Leon, Sweetums, and Doglion immediately fled the scene. Little did the four know that they were being tailed by Wolverine, who was also at the scene and riding his Harley Davidson motorcycle away from it.

Moments later, Wolverine had followed Pyro, Leon, Sweetums, and Doglion into the wilderness, where several Brotherhood mutants had secretly formed. Luckily, Wolverine found a hooded coat that he could wear to cover his appearance. He stood amongst a large group of mutants, as they listened to Magneto, who stood on a hill with the most powerful mutants in his Brotherhood: Juggernaut, Waldo C. Graphic, Multiple Man, Pyro, Leon, Callisto, Kid Omega, Sweetums, Doglion, Arclight, Dark Gonzo, and the Phoenix.

“My brothers we come together here at this time because the government wishes to help us…they wish to ‘cure’ us of our ‘disease’.” Magneto said, and all of the mutants in the crowd booed. “But I say we are the cure of the infectious disease known as Homo sapiens!” The mutant crowd cheered over Magneto’s words. “And we must wipe out every single one of them, if we wish for mutants everywhere to stand until the end of time!” The mutants’ cheers increase with every positive note that Magneto made. “The humans have their weapon…and we have ours.” He looked over at the Phoenix, who stood on one side of the hill, and then at the “Dark Gonzo,” who stood on the other.

“We muppet-mutants have to be together on this, too!” Leon yelled, and all of the muppet-mutants in the crowd cheered. “Do you guys wanna go on singing and dancing for a bunch of normal crazies who don’t even pay us enough to do all that mess?!”

“NO!!!!!” The muppet-mutants screamed.

“Then my brothers we must take this weapon...this poison that the government has conjured up and use it against them!!” Magneto demanded, and the crowd roared. “If we stand together, then I assure you…NOTHING WILL STOP US!!!!” The crowd let out a roaring applause that echoed throughout the wilderness. Wolverine couldn’t believe the display of mutants and muppet-mutants that stood around him; it was almost uncanny. However, the only thing he cared about was Jean Grey, who spotted him in the crowd and started walking away. As Wolverine chased after her, “Dark Gonzo” spotted him also and knew exactly what the X-Man was planning to do.

“Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!” Sweetums & Doglion shouted, and the two stopped cheering as the “Dark Gonzo” had approached them and gestured for them to follow him. The two monstrous mutants acknowledged and were led away from the campgrounds and further into the wilderness, where Wolverine saw Jean from across from where he was standing.

“Jean?” He uttered, and the Phoenix looked back at him, with an emotionless look on her face, and then turned to continue walking. Logan attempted to chase after her, until Doglion and Sweetums dropped down from one of the trees and blocked his path.

“Where do ya think you’re goin’, wimp?” Sweetums asked, and Wolverine was a little intimidated by their appearance, but all he had to do was remember Sabretooth and that intimidation went away.

“Don’t you boys have some beauty salon to go to?” Logan uttered, and he quickly ducked, as Sweetums swung his huge arm at him. Doglion then stepped up and grabbed Logan, throwing him across the air. When Wolverine flew by one of the trees, he extended the claws and dug them into a tree, making his body swing around it; afterwards, he detached his claws from it and flew back over to a surprised Sweetums and a shocked Doglion. The two muppets-mutants were knocked down by Wolverine, as his feet came in contact with their chests. He looked down at them, as they laid unconscious on the ground. “I would’ve given you a taste of my adamantium, but I don’t think I’m ready to see if I’d be cutting through foam or flesh.”

With Sweetums and Doglion defeated, Logan retracted his claws and attempted to go and find Jean again; but he was halted in his plans, as there was a sharp, excruciating pain in his head that forced the claws in his hands to come back out again. Wolverine fell to his knees and started screaming, as the “Dark Gonzo” appeared in front of him, looking down upon him with purple eyes that glowed from underneath his hood. Logan’s eyes felt as if they were going to pop out of his head, as his body collapsed to the ground. The “Dark Gonzo” stood over his body, still using his mighty powers to create the powerful pain in Logan’s head, as he spoke with a raspy voice that was as dark and foreboding as his appearance was.

“After you have awakened from the seven-hour slumber that I am going to put you under, give my ‘other’ this message…” He kneeled close to Logan’s trembling body, putting his right hand over his head as he whispered into his ear. Logan could feel his cold breath chill his ear. “There can be only one Gonzo…only one.” Upon moving his hand away from Logan’s head, Logan stopped trembling and screaming, as the pain went away, leaving him to slowly drift off to sleep. “Dark Gonzo” stood his body up straight, right before it had disappeared.

END OF CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Knew the scene with Magneto's speech about the cure had to come... Awaiting more whenever it is you manage to post it.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah... Knew the scene with Magneto's speech about the cure had to come... Awaiting more whenever it is you manage to post it.
I just wanted to point out that as powerful as that speech was, it was really hard to memorize for the story. The only thing that I got out of it was how Homo sapiens were a disease and how the mutants were the cure, and how Jean was the mutants' weapon, and the infamous line "Nothing can stop us!"

I'm not sure if I'm going to see the movie again this evening or not, but I do know that I'll get the final chapter and the epilogue in before the weekend's over. I'm just surprised that I'd gotten this much done since the movie first came out a week ago.:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well then... Post away.
Although... Isn't Multiple Man supposed to be with the X-Men? And I'm not sure if Waldo meshes well with the other Brotherhood members. From what I remember of his personality in JHH, he seems far too goofy to be roped into the evilness of the Brotherhood.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well then... Post away.
Although... Isn't Multiple Man supposed to be with the X-Men? And I'm not sure if Waldo meshes well with the other Brotherhood members. From what I remember of his personality in JHH, he seems far too goofy to be roped into the evilness of the Brotherhood.
There were a lot of characters from the comics that were never meant to be villains, but ended up becoming members of the Brotherhood in the movie. Psylocke, Arclight, and Kid Omega (a.k.a. Spike) aren't supposed to be Brotherhood villains either. And I heard somewhere that Multiple Man is a villain in the "Ultimate Marvel" universe.

The reason I'd put Waldo into the Brotherhood was because Multiple Man seemed kind of goofy to me in the movie (and so did Juggernaut, now that I mention it), so I just thought a bizarre character like Waldo would fit in with the bunch.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Nineteen will be split into parts, since it's such a climatic chapter.:smile:

Chapter Nineteen: Part One

At dusk in San Francisco, there was quite a traffic jam happening on the Golden Gate Bridge. Several Muppets were riding in the Electric Mayhem bus, trying to get to the newly refurbished KMUP station, which had been destroyed months ago by the Hulk and about to have its grand reopening. One of the muppets that was waiting impatiently for the traffic jam to be over was J.P. Grosse—the uncle of Scooter Grosse—who was talking to Scooter over his cellular phone. J.P. was a little upset to find out that Scooter wasn’t even at the station yet; he expected the gofer to be there in order to give an opening speech before cutting the red ribbon.

“Why are you still in New York, nephew?!” J.P. exclaimed. “How am I supposed to have a grand reopening when there’s no one there to open the station?!?!” Though J.P. believed that Scooter was still in New York, the gofer was in fact right across from where J.P. was on the Golden Gate Bridge; he was in the S.H.I.E.L.D. facility on Alcatraz Island, where S.H.I.E.L.D. agents that he contacted upon leaving the mansion in Westchester had graciously taken him to. He stood in a surveillance room with Nick Fury as he spoke to his uncle over the phone.

“I’m sorry.” Scooter told him. “But something more important had come up, Uncle.”

What could be more important than the grand reopening of the KMUP station?!” J.P. exclaimed. “You of all people should know how important this is, since you were the one that nearly destroyed it! You and that…that…whatever that green behemoth was!

“Everyone calls him the Hulk, Uncle.” Scooter said. “And, like I told you, I was a raving monster at the time, and—for the billionth time—I’m sorry for what happened.”

Speaking of mutated freaks, your absence from KMUP’s grand reopening has got nothing to do with those mutants that the world has been talking about lately, does it?” J.P. queried, with a hint of hostility in his voice that reminded Scooter of how he sounded a while back and made him feel glad that he had changed his image on mutants.

“No, Uncle…it doesn’t.” Scooter lied, still hiding from his uncle the fact that he had been a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. since the KMUP station incident. “Look, I really have to go. There’s someone here that really needs my help.”

You’re breaking my heart, Scooter! You know that?” said J.P., in a feeble attempt to sound like he was really sad. “You’re…You’re breaking your poor, sweet old uncle’s heart!

“Uncle, you’re anything but sweet…or even poor for that matter.” Scooter said, just before he hung up his cellular phone and turned to Nick Fury, who he had been trying to convince that the group from Foster’s wasn’t mutants. “You have to let them go, General. They’re not the mutants that you think they are.”

“The people that we have in that cell don’t even look normal, Grosse!” Fury retorted.

“Four of those people that you’ve got locked away are human beings!” Scooter exclaimed.

“That doesn’t mean they don’t have mutant blood in them.” Fury contradicted.

“Doesn’t the President even know that you have them here?” Scooter asked.

“Yes, he does.” Fury replied. “And even he thinks it’s best that they stay contained, until we start curing them one-by-one.”

“But your cure might kill them! Don’t you realize that?!” Scooter exclaimed, and his comment seemed to angering Fury.

“Look! There are bigger things happening here than the people in that cell!” Fury shouted, and the debate that he and Scooter had engaged in was attracting the attention of many soldiers around them that had looked away from their controls and towards the two. “Magneto has issued a threat over broadcasted television only a couple of hours ago, and we’re one hundred percent certain that it has to do with Leech.”

“There are a lot of things happening right now that has to do with Leech, which is why we should evacuate him and everyone else, including the ‘mutants’ from Foster’s, before…” A phone near him and Fury that was ringing interrupted Scooter. When Fury answered it, an image of a heavily armored S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in the wilderness in Westchester (where night had apparently fallen) was projected on a large screen in front of him; the agent’s voice was heard through the receiver that Fury placed near his ear.

“General Fury, we believed that we had found the entire Brotherhood army here, but it turned out that it was just Multiple Man and Waldo C. Graphic, using their copying powers to fool us.” The agent informed. “But we now have both of them in custody, and we’ve also cured two other mutants in the process.” An image of a cured Sweetums and Doglion appeared on the screen, as they were led into a S.H.I.E.L.D. shuttle with Multiple Man and Waldo.

“Well, that four mutants that we have.” Fury said, just as one of the controls started beeping. Fury pressed a button that brought up an image of the U.S. President next to the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent’s. “Mr. President.”

“General Fury.” The President said. “Do you have an update on your search?”

“I just received news that we’ve contained four mutants only a moment ago, and two of the most dangerous ones have been cured.” Fury informed. “Unfortunately, not one of them was the mutant that we’ve been searching for.”

“There is no doubt that Magneto will be coming to that island to kill the boy.” The President assumed. “Stay there and keep that island heavily guarded. With the plastic cure guns that we had swapped for the metal ones, we’ll be sure to stop that menacing mutant for sure.”

“I have the same feeling, Mr. President.” Fury said, just before he hung up the phone and turned to Scooter. “So much for your evacuation idea.” Scooter was upset, disappointed, and worried as well; he believed the S.H.I.E.L.D. forces were highly underestimating the power of Magneto and his Brotherhood.

-------------

The traffic jam on the Golden Gate Bridge was lighting up, and all of the vehicles on the bridge were moving along a lot quicker than they were. J.P. Grosse couldn’t have been happier to see how fast they were moving across the bridge; he gazed at his watch and realized that they were going to get to the KMUP station just in time for the grand reopening. Behind the seat that he was sitting in, Johnny Fiama and Sal Manilla were going over the opening number that they were going to perform, shortly before the red ribbon was cut.

“Sal, baby, Sal!” Johnny said, interrupting the monkey as he was singing a verse from the song. “I’m not liking this one line that you wrote in the song.”

“What line is it, Johnny?” Sal asked. “Whatever line it is, I’ll erase from the page and replace it with whatever line you like, Johnny! So what line is it?”

“This one that says ‘Your memories are like bananas…every time you peel them, there’s something special inside’.” Johnny indicated, and Sal was a bit distraught, considering that his friend wanted him to throw away what he thought was the best line in the song. “But, hey, since it’s for the grand reopening of the KMUP station, then we’ll keep it.”

“No, no, Johnny! We’ll get rid of it!” Sal exclaimed.

“Sal, in a few minutes, we’re gonna be singing this song in front of thousands of people.” Johnny said. “Let’s just keep things the way they are and try to memorize it all.”

“But, Johnny, if you’re not happy with it, then let’s just rewrite the line.” Sal said.

“Oy! Why did I ever say anything?” Johnny uttered, and he & Sal continued arguing over whether or not they should keep the line, until a violent shake in the bus quieted them and everyone else on the bus. “W-What the heck just happened?!” All of the Muppets in the bus noticed how every vehicle on the bridge, including their bus, had suddenly stopped.

“Like, why did we stop?” Janice said.

“I don’t know. But my big, green, sandaled foot was definitely not on that brake.” Dr. Teeth said, just as they heard the sound of several cars screeching and crashing. They looked behind them to see other cars being “thrown” to the both sides of the bridge, clearing a path for Magneto and a massive army of mutants. All of the Muppets in the bus, except for J.P. Grosse (who was very upset), had become very alarmed and attempted to jump out of the bus; but it seemed as if everything on the bridge, including the windows and doors on the Electric Mayhem bus, was under Magneto’s magnetic control, thus trapping the Muppets in the bus.

“Can you believe it, man?” Floyd asked Zoot. “We’re being attacked by those dopes of ‘Mutant Central’!”

“Better than aliens.” Zoot remarked, and after Magneto brushed away five more vehicles, he and the other mutants stopped ten feet away from the Electric Mayhem bus and grinned at its passengers. J.P. Grosse used all the might he had in him to push down one of the windows, allowing himself to stick his head out to scream at Magneto and the Brotherhood army.

“What do you freaks think you’re doing?!” J.P. shouted, and the other Muppets were a little worried of the way he was addressing the mutants.

“Uh, Mr. Grosse?” Clifford said. “I really don’t think it’s smart to talk to these people like that.”

“They’re just mindless genetic accidents, Cliff.” J.P. said, not knowing how much he was angering every member of the Brotherhood.

“Sir, I have a bit of advice for a pesky regular like yourself.” Magneto told J.P. “Never insult a man who has more powerful than you.” And with that, Magneto unleashed a massive wave of magnetic energy over the Golden Gate Bridge, allowing himself to do something quite remarkable.

The Muppets in the Electric Mayhem bus held on tight to their seats, as they felt an enormous tremor. They couldn’t believe their eyes as they saw how the entire Golden Gate Bridge was moving away from its usual spot and heading towards Alcatraz Island. Other passengers watched from their vehicles at the magnificent way Magneto was using his magnetic powers to manipulate the enormous portion of the bridge over the waters.

Inside the S.H.I.E.L.D. facility, Scooter was sharing his amazement with Fury and the other agents in the room, as they watched the portion of the bridge soar in their direction on a giant monitor. As an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Fury had seen things that were beyond imagination; but from what he was seeing on the monitor, it was obvious to him that he wasn’t dealing with any ordinary mutant (if there was such a thing).

“I bet you wished you’d evacuated when you had the chance.” Scooter told Fury.

Several S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers held their positions around the island; but some were forced to jump out of the way, as Magneto released his magnetic hold on the bridge and made it crash to the ground with a tremendous thud. The Muppets inside the Electric Mayhem bus were astounded by what they had just went through; even J.P. Grosse’s anger was relinquished by an overwhelming sensation of shock.

“Something tells me we ain’t gonna make it to the grand reopening, man.” Clifford said, while Magneto looked back and admired the way he had rerouted the Golden Gate Bridge.

“Charles always wanted to build bridges.”

TO BE CONTINUED....​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Couple of minor things... But another landmark scene we were fed in the trailers, great to see it finally appear. Hope more gets posted soon, this is truly a great story you've got going here.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
AWESOME STORY!!! I'm so happy Scooter's on the good side now!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Nineteen: Part Two

Night had fallen over Alcatraz Island, as well as the city of San Francisco, as several citizens stared in awe over what Magneto had done to the Golden Gate Bridge; some of the people that had gathered for KMUP’s reopening were instead interesting in what was happening on Alcatraz. On the famous landmark, the Brotherhood stood on a mountain of rubble, as they observed the exterior of the pharmaceutical company/S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters. They stood there and looked like bloodthirsty animals, as they waited for Magneto to give the word to Pyro.

“Let’s end this.” He said, and Pyro grinned, as he turned to the others and shouted.

“LET’S TEAR IT DOWN!!!!!” Pyro yelled, and the Brotherhood members roared, as they charged towards the facility. It was only the less powerful mutants that went down to tear up the facility; Magneto, Leon, Pyro, Callisto, Arclight, and some of the most powerful mutants in the group stood back, which confused Leon a little.

“Hey, how come we got to stay here, while they have all the fun?” Leon asked.

“Because, my friend, there is a tactic in chess to where the pawns must go first.” Magneto replied, and Leon was more puzzled than ever.

“But I don’t play chess, man.” Leon uttered, and they watched the lesser members charge up to the facility, only to be confronted by several S.H.I.E.L.D. guards that began firing their cure guns at them. One by one, Brotherhood mutants became ordinary beings, once they were struck by darts that contained the cure serum (which was actually Leech’s blood).

“Homo sapiens and their guns.” Magneto uttered, as he attempted to strip the cure guns apart with his magnetism, only to realize that his powers had no affect on them. “Plastic! The guns are plastic!!”

“Oh, man.” Leon said. “Now we’re in some real trouble.”

“Let’s not lose hope, brother.” Magneto told Leon, right before he turned to a mutant that was as equally as powerful as he was. “Arclight, create a shockwave that’ll destroy those guns.”

“You got it.” Arclight said, and she warmed up her hands, just before she clapped them together, generating a powerful shockwave from her hands that destroyed all of the S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers’ weapons.

“Yeah, baby! YEAH!!!” Leon exclaimed, and he grinned at Magneto. “Just like you said, Mages. There’s no one that can stop us now.”

For a moment, it seemed as if the Brotherhood was an unstoppable force; with the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents stripped of their artillery, there was no possible way for them to retreat, as long as the Brotherhood army had them surrounded. Inside the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, Scooter and Fury watched the monitors nervously with other worried soldiers. Soon the images on those monitors began to scramble up, and for a second, the group believed that the Brotherhood had taken control of the base. But as the images returned to the screens, they realized that it wasn’t the Brotherhood that had screwed up the power; it was the X-Men, as they landed their jet on the roof, which they had jumped off from and lined up in front of the S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers.

“What are they doing here?!” Fury exclaimed, not very pleased to see the X-Men at the scene. “Did they come to help out their mutant brethren?”

“On the contrary, General.” Scooter said. “They’re here to help us out.”

“And how can you be so sure about that, Grosse?” Fury asked.

“Because I’ve gotten to know these people for weeks, spending time with them in their mansion.” Scooter told Fury. “At first I thought they were no better than Magneto and his goons, but when I learned that a good friend of mine was one of them, something in me said that they are really the only ones that can stop the Brotherhood, and not S.H.I.E.L.D. So, if I were you, I’d let these noble people help us in the situation at hand.” Fury was a little surprised (and impressed) over the assertive attitude that the gofer had suddenly gained; he wondered if some of himself was beginning to rub off.

Outside the building, the X-Men and the S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers had engaged in a fierce battle with the Brotherhood. Gonzo had displayed some remarkable powers, as he formed his own body into a ten-foot “bowling ball” version of it and squashed several of the muppet-mutants. After that, he found himself circled by Brotherhood members that attempted to tackle him down, until he emitted a bright light from his body that permanently blinded the Brotherhood members and sent them reeling back in pain.

“Don’t mess with the X-Muppet, boys!” Gonzo exclaimed, and he went to fight against more members, as the Fraggles unveiled some amazing powers of their own. Red had manipulated her growth to where she was at least twenty feet tall and swatted several Brotherhood members with her humungous arm, making them fly across the air and smack against the exterior walls of the facility.

“I cannot believe all of this violence is happening!” Mokey exclaimed, as she unleashed a secondary power that Gobo helped bring out of her on several mutants, which involved warping their minds and putting them under a coma. “We supposed to be creatures of peace…not destruction!” As he was fighting alongside Beast and the Fraggles, Wolverine heard what Mokey had said and grinned.

“Tell that to the diplomat over here.” Wolverine said, referring to Beast, who was clobbering several Brotherhood mutants.

“My boy, there are times when one must ignore diplomacy and…” If there was one thing Beast couldn’t do, it was fight and talk about diplomacy at the same time. “Oh, you people get the point!!!” While the X-Men were attracting the attention of the Brotherhood members, the S.H.I.E.L.D. were able to regroup and bring out grenade launchers. Only these guns didn’t fire ordinary grenades; they fired grenades that contained cure darts that showered over the atmosphere, as they exploded in the air. A great amount of Brotherhood members were hit by the darts as they were showering over them. Some darts attempted to fly towards Magneto and some other members, but the “Dark Gonzo” created a powerful forcefield that vaporized the darts once they hit it.

“We mustn’t waste anymore time.” Magneto said, turning to Juggernaut, Callisto, Arclight, Psylocke, and Kid Omega. “Find the ones responsible for all of this and eliminate them.” The five mutants did as they were told, and as they had charged towards the facility, Pa Gorg turned to Ma and Junior Gorg, lifting his arm high in the air with pride.

“Gorgs, we must assist those mutants as they march off to elimination the source of our extinction.” Pa Gorg stated. “Let’s go help them!”

“Right, Daddy!” Junior exclaimed, and they ran alongside the Juggernaut, joining him as he crashed right through a steel wall. The Fraggles noticed how the Gorgs and Juggernaut had broken through the wall and became nervous.

“They’re going to kill the source of the cure!!” Gobo shouted.

“Not if Kitty and I get there first!” Wembley said, just before he and Shadowcat ran towards a wall and both of them ran through it, much to the surprise of Gonzo, who witnessed the strange occurrence.

“You mean Wembley can walk through walls, too?!” Gonzo exclaimed.

“Kind of a strange secondary power for a Fraggle like him, eh?” Gobo remarked, just as his eyes had locked with Jareth’s, who had suddenly appeared on the battleground, grinning at the young Fraggle. Gobo read Jareth’s mind, and Jareth’s read his; they both seemed to be after the same thing and vanished from sight in an attempt to get to it first.

Inside the facility, the Juggernaut was crashing through several walls with the Gorgs, leaving behind scattered pieces of it on the floor. But they had soon stopped when they came to a room that Wembley was all alone in. The small creature looked a little worried, as the four gigantic figures slowly walked towards him; Pa Gorg and the Juggernaut were laughing hysterically.

“Are we supposed to be intimidated by one little Fraggle?” Pa Gorg uttered.

“I can’t believe this is the best that those X-Morons can throw at us.” Juggernaut commented. “I can squash this little pipsqueak with one blow.”

“Hey, don’t ya know it’s bad luck to squash a Fraggle?” Junior told Juggernaut.

“It’d be bad luck not to.” Juggernaut remarked, as he got closer to Wembley.

“I think you’d better listen to him.” Wembley said.

“And I think it’s time for someone to die!” Juggernaut exclaimed, and he attempted to squash Wembley with his big left foot, but when he felt something grab him by the ankles, he looked down and noticed how the lower half of his body was sinking to the floor, along with his forearms. “What the…?!” He then noticed someone rising out through the floor in front of him. It was Shadowcat, who was grinning at Juggernaut as she stood next to Wembley.

“Sucks to be you.” Shadowcat told him, right before she and Wembley escaped through the wall, leaving some puzzled Gorgs and an angry Juggernaut.

“Don’t you know who I am? I’m the Juggernaut, #*@!!” He screamed, as he busted himself out from the floor and turned to the Gorgs. “Let’s get ‘em!!!” The Juggernaut and the Gorgs continued busting through walls, in order to get to the source of the cure and attempt to pulverize Shadowcat and Wembley. The young X-Man and the Fraggle had reached the room that Leech (the source of the cure) had been kept in, finding him hiding behind his bed, with his hands over his ears.

“There he is.” Wembley said, and as Shadowcat approached the frightened Leech, he began to struggle, but Kitty was able to help him calm down.

“It’s okay. It’s okay.” She said, and the boy just stared into her eyes, realizing that she and Wembley were just there to help. “We’re the good guys.”

“I just can’t believe there are bad ones that want to hurt me.” Leech uttered, and Kitty grinned confidently.

“They aren’t going to touch you, as long as we’re here.” Kitty said, and when they heard the muffled crashing noises that were coming from behind the wall, the three mutants braced themselves. “We have to get out of here.” But as Wembley and Shadowcat (with Leech close to her) attempted to run through a wall, they only found themselves running into it.

“Ouch!” Wembley exclaimed, and he & Kitty looked at the wall puzzlingly. “What happened? Did we lose our powers all of the sudden?”

“You do when you’re around me.” Leech told Wembley, who exchanged a stunned look with Kitty, just as the Juggernaut and the Gorgs crashed into the room and glared at the three mutants in front of them. Kitty gestured for Leech and Wembley to stand behind her, as the four Brotherhood mutants slowly approached them.

“I’m not the type of guy to play hide and seek with, kids!” Juggernaut said.

“Oh, I am! I love to play whenever Pa’s not giving me chores to do!” Junior exclaimed.

“Junior! Keep quiet!” Pa Gorg ordered, while Kitty, Wembley, and Leech were hugging the wall behind them. As Kitty looked back at the wall and then towards Leech, she got an idea.

“Who’s hiding, d******d?!” Kitty remarked, which really upset Juggernaut. Both him and the Gorgs charged towards the three young mutants, and once they came near them, Kitty pulled Leech and Wembley away in time for the Juggernaut and the Gorgs to hit the wall hard and knock themselves out. Once Wembley saw the way their bodies ran into the wall, he knew exactly what happened and smiled at Shadowcat.

“Whoa! Great idea, Kitty!” He said.

“Thanks.” She said, and she led Leech and Wembley away from the area, running through the many holes that the Juggernaut and the Gorgs had created in the walls.

TO BE CONTINUED....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hexcellent! Rully wanna know how this wraps up... And where Gobo and Jarreth went off to. And why Boober's not in the fight... And so many other things...