The MARVELOUS Muppets: "And He'll Stand With..."

muppetwriter

Reaction score
As you all know, I promised that as soon as I'd seen X-Men: The Last Stand I would immediately get to working on a continuation to "The Great X-Muppet Caper" that heavily changes the continuity of the movie. Well, I've seen X-Men: The Last Stand and I'm really excited to share with you all my take on what happened.:smile:

Now, I have to warn everyone before you start reading that this story may contain spoilers. If you haven't seen X-Men: The Last Stand and don't want to be spoiled, then just wait, see the movie, and come back here to read the story.

Okay. On with the show....:smile:

Chapter Twelve

Twenty-Seven Years Ago

It was a quiet afternoon in the pleasant neighborhood in Queens, especially for a kind woman with green-striped stockings by the name of Nancy (often called “Nanny” by her friends), who ran a peaceful-but-large nursery for a small group of imaginative “Muppet Babies.” There were other children in the neighborhood that were playing in the streets; but they were careful not to get in the way of a car that had approached Nancy’s nursery that afternoon.

The car was driven by Erik Lehnsherr, a mutant-rights activist in his early-forties who was joining 39-year-old Charles Xavier (a fellow mutant-rights activist) as they decided to take a visit to Nancy’s nursery, in order to visit a child whom they both believed to be a mutant. Xavier had contacted Nancy before he and Erik left his mansion in Westchester and let her know that one of the children was in fact one, but Nancy wasn’t sure as to who it was. Charles knew exactly whom he was looking for but left Erik in confusion, finding an interest in how surprised he could possibly be.

“I really hate it when you do this to me.” Erik said. “That’s one of the reasons why I wish I was born as a telepathic.”

“Oh, come now, Erik.” Charles remarked. “There’s no harm in having a little fun among good friends.”

“But you know how much I’ll be guessing, once we get in there.” Erik said. “There are several—how should I put it—uncanny little characters in this nursery. It’ll be impossible to determine which is the one we’re coming to see.”

“Ease your anxiousness, Erik.” Charles said, as their vehicle pulled up to the driveway. “We’re here.” The two stepped out of their car; as Charles got out from his side, he felt a little itch on his right ankle and scratched it a little. Closing the passenger door, he led Erik up to the front door of the house that Nancy and the “Muppet Babies” lived in.

“Since you’re the one with all of the surprises, you ring the doorbell.” Erik bantered, and Charles grinned at him, just before he rang the bell. When Nancy opened the door and showed herself to Charles and Erik, she smiled brightly at Charles and gave him a big hug.

“How long has it been, Charles?” Nancy asked. “Ten years?”

“It’s been too long.” He told her.

“I still wish that things could’ve turned out different for us.” Nancy uttered. “It’s not fair that my father had to reject you like that. We were only a day from getting married, Charles!” Erik raised an eyebrow at that revelation; during his long-time friendship with him, Charles had never mentioned a relationship with a human. At first, he found it captivating; but with a little more thought, it disgusted him somewhat—though he didn’t know why.

“Please, Nancy.” Charles said. “Let’s not get into our past. We must remember who we are here for.” Nancy nodded, with tears that she had spent years holding back steaming down her hazel-colored eyes. She looked towards Charles’s companion, Erik, who graciously smiled at her, despite the uncomfortable feeling that he suddenly gained after discovering her relations with Charles.

“You must be, Erik Lehnsherr.” Nancy said, as she shook his hand. “Charles has told me so much about you.”

“I wish I could say the same for you, Miss Nancy.” Erik remarked, and Charles glanced over at him, sensing a feeling of displeasure that he never sensed in his friend before. “Charles has neglected to tell me anything about the young person we’ve come to see.”

“Well…” Nancy said, and she looked back at the nursery inside, looking a little worried. “He’s having his afternoon nap right now; but you boys can still come in and see him if you wish.”

“Of course.” Charles said, and he & Erik entered the house and moved into the nursery, stepping over several of the kids’ toys that had been left over the floor, including Scooter’s computer, as they approached two large cribs near the corner of the room. In the left crib, Charles and Xavier had noticed four muppet children lying comfortable there together; one child was a small bear with a yellow propeller beanie, two were twins (one boy, one girl) who both were orange with darker orange sprouts of hair, and the last one had an “animal-like” appearance.

“I’d say this one definitely looks like our boy.” Erik told Charles, pointing to the “animal child,” whom Erik was a little wary of as he growled in his sleep. “I hate to see what he’d be like when he grows up…that is, if he ever does.”

“No, Erik.” Charles said, chuckling with glee over his friend’s confusion. “Our special child must be in the other one.” They moved over to the right crib to see only three children there; one child was a small frog in an adorable sailor suit, another was a diapered dog with a bib that had a musical note on it, and the last one was a beautiful, blonde-haired pig in a pink dress.

“These three seem pretty normal to me.” Erik commented, as Charles looked around the room in surprise, wondering where the child he was searching for was. He was about to call Nancy into the room, until he and Erik stopped and noticed how she was leading a tired, blue-furred, hook-nosed child into the room. The small and unusual child rubbed his tired eyes, as he was “sleepwalking” with his toy chicken, Camilla, in his arms.

“There you are.” Charles murmured, smiling as he watched Nancy sit down in a rocking chair and set the unusual child down on her lap. Erik was a little impressed by the child’s appearance; he had seen many bizarre-looking mutants before, but that child was very much different from others.

“He has this problem with sleepwalking.” Nancy told Charles and Erik, as they approached her. “You should’ve seen him the other night. I heard a small thump on the roof, and when I stepped out to see what it was, there Gonzo was…sleepwalking on the rooftop.”

“Gonzo.” Erik said, pondering over the name, which was almost as bizarre as the child’s appearance. “Sounds like some kind of breakfast cereal.”

“Don’t tease, Erik.” Charles said. “Your ‘Magneto’ is right out of a lame Saturday morning cartoon.”

“Touché.” Erik said, with a grin, just as Charles knelt down before Nancy and looked closely at the sleeping Gonzo. He read the small weirdo’s thoughts, and he never in his life had been so intrigued by such a mutant—at least, that’s what he believed Gonzo was. The smile on the kind mutant’s face had quickly dissolved, and Nancy was quick to notice.

“What’s wrong?” She asked. “Is there something wrong with Gonzo?” Erik had also noticed how much Charles was dismayed and seemed a little concerned himself.

“He is what you’re looking for…right, Charles?” Erik queried, and Charles’s eyes moved away from Gonzo and towards Nancy.

“Where did you find this boy?” He asked, and Nancy was a little reluctant to answer his question.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you, Charles.” Nancy replied, but through his great power of telepathy, he found the answer in her thoughts.

“You were abducted…shortly after our wedding was canceled.” Charles said, and Erik gazed oddly at him and then at Nancy.

“Abducted by whom?” Erik asked, and it was quiet in the room for the longest time. Charles wanted Nancy to tell Erik who abducted her, but he realized how much the past event had an affect on her and told instead.

“She was abducted by a cosmic force that had taken this child away from his real family and had given him to her, in order to keep his family from finding him in their galaxy.” Charles said, and Erik found that very hard to believe, so much that he started laughing. “It’s no joke, Erik. I’ve seen the images in her mind. These aliens threatened to kill her, if she didn’t take the child and raised him here on Earth.”

“So, instead of coming to see a mutant, we’ve come to see Darth Vader in person,” said Erik, who was very displeased at that moment. “We’ve wasted our time here, Charles. Let’s go.”

“Don’t underestimate him, Erik.” Charles said. “There is much that I sense in this child.”

“What do you sense in him, Charles?” Erik asked. “Do you believe that one day this boy will be a great asset to mutants everywhere?”

“Yes, I do.” Charles said, and Erik scoffed at the idea, as he began heading out of the nursery. “And I also believe that he’ll be the one to make my dream of a better world for mutants and humans come true.”

“Well, that’s one thing that your dream and this child have in common,” Erik said, “They’re both impossible.”

“Erik.” Charles uttered, as his friend neared the front door.

“I’ll wait for you in the car, Charles.” He said, just before he stormed out of the house, leaving both Charles and Nancy feeling a little disappointed.

“I’m sorry, Charles.” Nancy said. “I’m so sorry about this.”

“Don’t be.” Charles said, and he looked down at Gonzo again, gently stroking his left index finger over his little, blue-furred head. “What you have here is a miracle for any creature living on this planet.”

“Do you really believe he’ll make your dream come true?” Nancy asked.

“Oh, yes.” Charles said, and Nancy grinned at him.

“I didn’t know your powers involved foretelling the future.” Nancy commented, and Charles chuckled.

“I guess you can say that it’s more of a hunch that I have.” Charles said, and the room fell silent again, as Charles stared into Nancy’s beautiful eyes again. Old fond memories came back to them, as they both remembered how they spent their days at Columbia University. She was majoring in health, and he was majoring in psychics.

“Come back to me, Charles.” Nancy said, as she placed her right hand over the left side of his handsome, young face. “It’s not too late for us to get married.” Charles felt like crying; but he was stronger than that, and he knew Nancy was as well. He also knew that it was too late for the both of them. Had he not been so dedicated to his position as a mutant rights activist, wanting to make the world harmonious for both mutants and humans, he would’ve given their relationship a second chance in a heartbeat.

“You know as well as I do that I’m a part of bigger things now, Nancy.” Charles stated. “Your mutant-hating father may be out of the picture now, but there are several out there just like him who need help opening their eyes…and their hearts to us.” Nancy was disappointed that he wasn’t willing to give them a second chance; but yet she was pleased by his reason. She also wanted to see a world spared of the hatred towards mutants that existed in humanity.

“I understand.” Nancy said.

“Just know that I will never give up on us.” Charles told her. “When we succeed in our task, you and I will marry, have lots of children, and prove to everyone that a human/mutant marriage can work for the better.” Nancy smiled brightly at Charles again, just as Gonzo let out a small yawn that attracted their attention. “I better go. There are ‘others’ that Erik and I have to see.”

“Oh, please stay and meet Gonzo.” Nancy begged Charles. “I’m sure that he would love to get to know you.”

“And I’m sure I would love to get to know him in return.” Charles said. “But our paths will cross in the future.”

“Is that another one of your hunches?” Nancy inquired, with a smile.

“One that I am one hundred percent certain of.” Charles replied, and he gave her a big smile, as he quickly and quietly exited from the house, just in time for little Gonzo to open his little tired eyes and look up at Nancy, who once again had tears streaming from her eyes.

“Nanny, are you crying because I was sleepwalking on the roof again?” Gonzo asked, and Nancy laughed a little, wiping away her tears.

“No, Gonzo.” Nancy said. “You’re alright.”

“Then what’s wrong?” Gonzo asked, and Nancy wasn’t sure how to explain to the blue little weirdo of the situation that just took place. Instead, she just smiled at him and kissed his forehead, making the little weirdo more puzzled than ever. “I don’t think I’ll ever understand grownups.”

END OF CHAPTER TWELVE

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, that was so cute! Once again reafirming that Gonzo is my favorite muppet! Very interesting how you worked Nanny into the story. I have not seen, nor do I have much intention of seeing X-men, so spoilers are good. Keep up the good work!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Oh my goodness, that was so cute! Once again reafirming that Gonzo is my favorite muppet! Very interesting how you worked Nanny into the story. I have not seen, nor do I have much intention of seeing X-men, so spoilers are good. Keep up the good work!
Thanks, Fragglemuppet.:smile:

That whole chapter was an homage to the prologue of X-Men: The Last Stand, when....

*Spoiler Alert**Spoiler Alert*

Charles Xavier and Erik "Magneto" Lehnsherr visited preteen Jean Grey and her family. The special effects department did such a great job in showing us versions of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan that were twenty years younger. Brett Ratner used the same technique in "Red Dragon" with Anthony Hopkins.:excited:

I just pictured that whole scene with Nanny and Gonzo involved.:wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Thirteen

Present Day

“I don’t believe it.” Will uttered, as she and her four friends stood shocked and saddened before a pile of rubble that used to be the Happiness Hotel. Only a minute before it collapsed, they had arrived there to see if Gonzo was all right, after being told that he wasn’t by a mystical mutant by the name of Jareth. But before they had the chance to enter the building, it collapsed into the pile of rubble that they see.

“I…I’m sure Gonzo wasn’t inside when it fell over.” Taranee said, and the girls wanted to believe that was true, but they weren’t certain if it was. They were so overwhelmed with grief that they couldn’t hold back the tears that were coming out of their eyes.

“Let’s…Let’s just stay positive here.” Will demanded.

“How do you expect us to stay positive when our little blue friend’s somewhere beneath all that rubble?!” snapped an offended Cornelia, who afterwards used her “Earth” powers to start moving some of the rubble.

“Cornelia, you have to calm down.” Will said, and the other girls ducked as pieces of rubble flew past their heads. Cornelia was panicking so much that she didn’t even care about putting anyone in harm’s way, as she moved those pieces. “You’re going to hurt someone if you don’t watch yourself!”

“I don’t care!!” Cornelia screamed, and when she got about four feet into the pile, she and the other W.I.T.C.H. girls noticed something that shocked them even more than they already were. Tears poured out each of their eyes, as Will reached into the pile and pulled out what appeared to be Gonzo’s ravaged clothes (with Gonzo not in them). What was in them, however, was blue dust that poured out from them and onto the ground. The W.I.T.C.H. girls could only assume that Gonzo’s body had evaporated, thus proving that he was deceased. As Will had Gonzo’s tattered clothes in her arms, Cornelia was giving her a furious yet sad look. “Is that enough proof to show that he’s dead?!”

“Who…Who could’ve done that to him?” Hay Lin asked.

“Isn’t it obvious?!” yelled Irma, who seemed to be becoming angrier than Cornelia was. “Those S.H.I.E.L.D. twerps did this to him! They couldn’t stand the fact that he was a mutant, so they went off and killed him…for no reason at all!!!”

“Irma…” Will said, but Cornelia interrupted her before she even had the chance to say any more.

“No, Will! She’s right!” She exclaimed. “And you wanna know who else was right? Magneto and all of the mutants that are against this whole ‘Cure’ thing!”

“Stop it!” Will demanded. “You two are sounding just like them!”

“Well, maybe it’s time we took a stand in all of this.” Cornelia said. “Gonzo died because someone didn’t appreciate who he was. And now the government’s developing this cure as a way to do the same to every other mutant on the face of the Earth! As Guardians, we need to do what’s right to keep S.H.I.E.L.D. or any other mutant-haters from eliminating anyone else!”

“You’ve got that right!” Irma agreed, while Will, Taranee, and Hay Lin were still trying to get over what happened to Gonzo. They were angrier with Gonzo’s unfortunate passing as Cornelia and Irma were, but they didn’t want to jump to conclusions either.

“It’s important to assess this situation carefully.” Will stated, and Cornelia was very surprised by her statement.

“Assess? Assess?!?!” Cornelia shouted. “What is there to assess, Will?! Gonzo’s dead! And you’re just going to stand there and tell us that joining Magneto and his Brotherhood in fighting for mutants everywhere isn’t the smart thing to do?”

“Listen to yourself, Cornelia.” Will said. “This is exactly what he wants us to do. He knows how powerful we are, so he makes us believe in false images like this!” Cornelia, Irma, Hay Lin, and Taranee were taken aback when they saw how Will threw Gonzo’s tattered clothes down on the ground. The four started to feel very upset with Will, thinking that their friend and leader didn’t care about what happened to Gonzo.

“Oh, so now you believe that Gonzo faked his own death, just to get us to join the Brotherhood?” Cornelia said.

“Now you’re twisting things around! I didn’t say that!” Will shouted, becoming furious herself. What the girls didn’t realized about each other was that the angrier they had become, the more their eyes lost their colors and became nothing more than just white balls in their heads.

“I don’t even know why we still follow you around.” Cornelia told her. “If there’s anyone who should be leading us, it should be Magneto!”

“Well, maybe it is a good idea to join his Brotherhood,” Will uttered, “That way I wouldn’t have to worry about having a sarcastic idiot, a wimpy four-eyed geek, a big-eared pony-tailed dunce, and a snooty blonde moron by my side as I fight to protect this world!”

“Wimpy four-eyed geek?!” said an angry Taranee.

“Sarcastic idiot?!” said a mad Irma.

“Big-eared pony-tailed dunce?!” said an upset Hay Lin.

“Snooty blonde moron?!” said a furious Cornelia.

“Did I stutter?!” Will snapped. “And you know what else I’m sick of? This whole W.I.T.C.H. crap!” And with that, she removed the Heart of Candracar from her neck, threw it on the ground, and crushed it by stomping her right foot on it. Because she did that, the five girls were immediately vanquished of their Guardian forms and became ordinary girls again. However, their eyes were still whitened; something (or someone) was controlling their emotions, and neither of them realized it.

“You were never our friend, Will Vandom.” Cornelia said. “You were just a pathetic virus that plagued this whole city, when you moved here.” Cornelia’s words angered Will; she balled up her fists and was ready to take her and the other girls down, until the sudden appearance of Jareth kept her from doing anything.

“No!” He exclaimed, holding his hands up in protest. “You girls mustn’t use your abilities on each other. You must save them for the group that is responsible for your friend’s death.” Obeying Jareth’s command, Will relaxed her tensed-up body and stopped balling her fists. Jareth grinned, seeing that he had the girls under his control; neither of them seemed to recognize him from the meeting at the Holy Trinity Church. “Now, then…shall we join our Brotherhood, as they begin their mission to eliminate the so-called ‘cure’ that threatens our race?”

“Yes.” The girls replied, each with deadpan expressions, and they were about to leave with Jareth, until a voice behind them made them stop in their tracks.

“Hey! Wait!” The voice said, and they turned to see Sweetums, coming out from behind the massive pile of rubble, which Doglion had soon busted out from, seemingly unharmed.

“Don’t forget about us.” Doglion said.

“Oh, yes.” Jareth uttered. “The nincompoops.”

“Hey! We resent that remark!” said an offended Sweetums. “We’re not ninco…nincodo…nincomsoda…uh…We’re not whatever you just called us!”

“Just come with me, fools.” Jareth ordered. “Magneto has recruited some more mutants from the church in New York.”

“Really? Great!” Doglion exclaimed. “Oh! I love to get to know new mutants!”

“Uh, what’re their names?” Sweetums asked.

“Callisto, who has the power to move at incredible speeds, as well as an interesting ability to detect other mutants around her.” Jareth said, with a smile. “Magneto believes that she could be the key to finding Jean Grey.” Sweetums and Doglion weren’t exactly the smarter mutants/muppets in the Brotherhood, but they were smart enough to know that Jean Grey was dead.

“Uh…didn’t Jean Grey drown in that Alkali Lake incident that Magneto always tell us about?” Sweetums queried, and Jareth grinned wickedly at them.

“Mutant life has an interesting way of fooling death’s curse,” He said, “Especially when you’re a ‘Class 5’ mutant like Miss Grey.” Sweetums and Doglion turned to each other and both exchanged stunned looks.

“Class 5?!?!” They screamed, in unison.

“Yes.” Jareth said. “Even more powerful than Magnus himself.”

“I wouldn’t want to get near her when she becomes angry.” Doglion remarked, looking as white as a sheet.

“Neither do I.” Sweetums said.

“Well, I do.” Jareth uttered. “I am a ‘Class 5’ as well. And not even the powerful telepathic force of Dr. Jean Grey could stop me.” Alarmed, Sweetums reached over and placed his big hand over a surprised Jareth’s mouth.

“Shhhh!” He cried. “She’ll hear you.” Instead of using his own hands to remove Sweetums’s big hand from his mouth, Jareth used his mutant skills to make Sweetums think his hand was burning, so he could move it away from his mouth and cool it off. “Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!”

“Like I said, not even a powerful force like Jean Grey could stop me.” Jareth said.

“But what about that Gonzo guy that Magneto recruited a couple of days ago?” Doglion asked, and now it was Jareth’s turn to become as white as a sheet. He didn’t answer Doglion’s questions; instead, he just turned and walked away with the hypnotized W.I.T.C.H. girls by his side, while Doglion gave Sweetums a puzzled look. “Was it something that I said?”

“Nah.” Sweetums said. “He just probably smelled what’s left of that limburger you ate last night from your breath.”

“Oh…what a relief.” Doglion said.

“Come on.” Sweetums said. “Let’s go have some fun!”

END OF CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Can we have more please?
Frankly, I like spoilers, lets me know more about the movie I'm watching/experiencing.

The 12th chapter was especially beautiful... Chapter 13 was a bit intense.
Oh... And the girls might as well be thought of as mutants. In one of the Season 2 trailers Terranee gets telepathic powers, Cornelia gets telekinetic powers, and Hailin can become invisible.
Much awaits on June 5 when it premeieres.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah... Can we have more please?
Frankly, I like spoilers, lets me know more about the movie I'm watching/experiencing.

The 12th chapter was especially beautiful... Chapter 13 was a bit intense.
Oh... And the girls might as well be thought of as mutants. In one of the Season 2 trailers Terranee gets telepathic powers, Cornelia gets telekinetic powers, and Hailin can become invisible.
Much awaits on June 5 when it premeieres.

Yeah, I kinda figured that they might as well be considered mutants, after I saw that same preview.:smile: I'm just wondering what kind of powers do Will and Irma have, because we only saw those three girls.

I'm also leading the events of this story to Season 2 of W.I.T.C.H. as well.:wink:

There's a big event happening in my hometown, so I'll probably have more later on in the evening. Tomorrow's Memorial Day (obviously) so there probably won't be much story to share; but I'll definitely have more by this Tuesday.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Fourteen

A full twenty-four hours had passed since the capture of Kermit, Robin, and the Foster’s residents by Nick Fury and his S.H.I.E.L.D. forces, as they transported them all the way from the skies over New York to the skies over San Francisco. They had taken them to Alcatraz Island, which served as one of the bases for Worthington Labs—founded by the wealthy Warren Worthington II, who developed the cure for the mutant gene. It also served as a base of operations for S.H.I.E.L.D. that contained holding cells that had been renovated for mutant purposes.

While the Foster’s residents were placed in the cells in the S.H.I.E.L.D. section of the island, Kermit and Robin were taken to a room with only four chrome walls and a gray-colored table and two chairs. To Kermit and Robin, it looked like it used to be an interrogation room or maybe a jail cell (the island was a prison facility). The two frogs waited in that room for almost two full hours, until a familiar face visited them.

“Scooter?!” Kermit and Robin exclaimed.

“Hey, boss. Hey, Robin.” Scooter said.

“I wish we can say that it’s good to see you here, but it unfortunately isn’t.” Kermit said. “What’s going on here?”

“I would’ve figured that you guys were honored to be a part of this.” Scooter remarked.

“Be a part of what?” Kermit asked.

“The cure for mutants.” Scooter replied. “Isn’t it great that Warren Worthington II has finally discovered a way to turn all of those horrible creatures into regular citizens?” Kermit did feel happy that Scooter was involved in the experiment; but it saddened him, only because Scooter was oblivious to the fact that one of his best friends was a mutant himself.

“It won’t be so great for mutants like Angelica.” Robin uttered, and Kermit, as well as Scooter, gave the little frog a bizarre look.

“Robin, what’re you talking about?” Kermit inquired.

“I saw her with my own eyes, Uncle Kermit.” Robin said. “While you and Peter were off rescuing Gonzo, some of those S.H.I.E.L.D. guys threatened to kill Angelica, if they didn’t come with her quietly. She used some sort of fiery powers to melt their guns, Uncle Kermit. She’s a mutant herself!” Scooter, who had gotten to know Angelica when she first came into the Muppets’ lives, was angered by that news, feeling a bit betrayed.

“I should’ve known we couldn’t have trusted her!” He shouted. “She was probably just pretending to be our friend the whole time, just so she could wait and attack us at the right moment. That traitor!” It was that comment from Scooter Grosse that made Kermit offended enough to tell him about Gonzo.

“I hope those S.H.I.E.L.D. saps didn’t plague your mind so much with those kinds of thoughts that you can’t even trust Gonzo anymore either!” Kermit exclaimed, and Scooter was a little puzzled at first; but as the reality of what Kermit just said kicked into him, a stunned look crept across the gofer’s face. He sat himself down in one of the two chairs in the room, while several memories and experiences that he had shared with Gonzo ran through his mind, only to discover then that he was spending his entire life with a mutant, something that he truly despised in life.

“How…How long has he been…one of them?” Scooter said.

“How should I know how long?!” Kermit snapped. “I only discovered that he was one during the events that led to the incident on Liberty Island.”

“Gonzo was a part of that?!” Scooter exclaimed, while Robin—who was also surprised to hear that Gonzo was a mutant—walked away from his uncle and stood next to Scooter.

“You’re not angry at Gonzo for being what he is, are you?” Robin asked, and Scooter just sat there, not bothering to answer Robin’s question. He was still letting the thought of Gonzo as a mutant sink into his mind. Kermit was very disappointed that Scooter didn’t even bother to answer little Robin’s question; only a true friend would respond to a question like that without a second thought.

“Well, despite whether you are or not, I need your help.” Kermit told Scooter. “Gonzo used one of the many mutant abilities that he has to create another version of himself, and that clone now has amnesia and is under the control of Magneto.” Hearing that name brought Scooter out of the trance he was in.

“Erik Lehnsherr?!” Scooter shouted. “S.H.I.E.L.D. has been searching for that mutant for at least two months now!”

“Well, he’s got Gonzo’s clone, and he plans on converting him to his Brotherhood.” Kermit informed. “Who knows what stage that duplicate is in now?” Though he never witnessed Gonzo’s mutant powers, Scooter could only imagine what his clone was capable of.

“If anyone knows how to stop him, it’s Gonzo himself.” Scooter stated. “Where is he?”

“We don’t know,” replied a disappointed yet angry Kermit. “Your S.H.I.E.L.D. friends captured us before we even had the opportunity to find out what happened to him or Peter or even Angelica.”

“Why did they break into that mansion and kidnap all of those people, Scooter?” Robin asked, referring to the Foster’s residents.

“Nick Fury told us that he and his men spotted some abnormal activity in that vicinity.” Scooter replied. “They figured that there were mutants there, so they captured them all to bring them to Worthington Labs to be the first subjects for the cure.” Kermit shook his head, feeling embarrassed for Scooter, Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D., and anyone else involved in the cure.

“Scooter!” He shouted in frustration. “Those weren’t mutants! They were imaginary friends!” Scooter’s face turned into a darker reddish-orange color, showing how embarrassed he was for the mistake that he and his team made.

“Four of those people were humans, too.” Robin added.

“Oops.” Scooter uttered. “They must be pretty upset.”

“No kidding!” Kermit remarked, sarcastically. “Who knows what that cure can do to ordinary specimens like them.”

“Well, I can always tell Mr. Worthington to hold back on the injection, just until we can ‘be certain’ that they’re actually ‘mutants’.” Scooter said.

“And that should give us enough time to warn Professor Xavier and the other mutants at the School for Gifted Youngsters about Magneto’s plans for Gonzo, who we can hopefully find on the way there.” Kermit assumed, while Scooter felt a bit uncomfortable with the idea of going to Xavier’s school.

“Do we really have to go there?” Scooter queried, and Kermit shook his head again in disgust. “Couldn’t we just go find Gonzo, give him the cure, and let the mutants handled their problems?”

“Listen, Scooter, if you don’t want stand with us on this situation, then just tell your S.H.I.E.L.D. pals to let us go free, so we can save the world.” Scooter wasn’t sure what he should do; he never felt so lost in his whole life. He didn’t want to feel angry at Gonzo for being a mutant, because he had known him since the both of them were living with Nancy in the old nursery. But it was hard for him to accept that the weirdo was in fact a mutant (and not an alien, which he believed he really was since 1999).

“Mr. Grosse! Mr. Grosse!” Someone shouted from outside the room, just before the door to the room opened and a S.H.I.E.L.D. soldier walked in. “We just got word that the prison convoy had been attacked by Magneto and his flunky, Pyro!” Scooter was shocked by the news, and so were Kermit and Robin.

“Oh, no.” Scooter said. “Did any mutants escape from the truck?”

“Cain Marko and James Madrox.” The soldier said.

“Juggernaut and Multiple Man?!” Scooter exclaimed. “They’re two of the most dangerous mutants in the country, especially the Juggernaut!” He then looked over at Kermit and Robin. “And how much do you want to bet that Gonzo was there to help them escape?”

“You know I’m too young to bet, Scooter.” Robin commented, just before a loud alarm sounded the entire facility, followed by the voice of Digit, a S.H.I.E.L.D. android that was connected to almost every technological thing on the island.

Intruder alert! Intruder alert! Intruder alert!” Digit shouted.

“We’ve got to get to the Control Room and see what’s happening.” Scooter said, just as he rushed out of the room, with Kermit and Robin following him. Once the three reached the Control Room, they met up with Digit, who was sitting comfortably at the center of the room, amongst several buttons, switches, LED displays, readouts, and everything else that helped him monitor the island. “What’s going on?”

“We have abnormal activity taking place in Hangar 7!” Digit informed, pointing at a monitor that was showing a cloaked figure wreaking complete chaos in the hangar, as several S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers attempted to fire their “cure guns” at him, only to be thrown back towards (and through) the chrome walls. Kermit, Scooter, and Robin cringed as they watched the figure use his mutant powers to horrendously contort some of the soldiers’ bodies, making some look like human pretzels and others like human spirals. “I had no idea the human body was capable of such flexibility.”

“It’s not,” said Scooter, who was desperately keeping himself from getting nauseated, while Kermit closely looked at the figure on the monitor and seemed to have recognized who it was.

“It’s Gonzo.” Kermit uttered, and Scooter & Robin looked a little surprised.

“But not the Gonzo that we know, right?” Scooter asked, and Kermit shook his head in reply, as they watched the “Dark Gonzo” unleash more of his chaos, hurling several tanks, jeeps, and helicopters at the soldiers, crushing them to death. The images frightened little Robin and forced him to bury his face into the left side of Kermit’s torso.

“I think he’s coming our way.” Kermit said, as he, Scooter, and Digit watched “Dark Gonzo” exit the hangar (disappearing from the monitor) and entering a large hallway filled with S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers (on another monitor in the room). They could hear the action taking place from outside the room, signifying how close they were to it.

“How does he even know we’re here?” Scooter asked.

“One of his powers must include telepathy,” Kermit said, “Meaning we could be in Osaka, and he could smell us all the way from Nebraska.” Scooter was beginning to panic; but he didn’t want to freak out in front of Robin, who was already scared enough.

“We have to get out of here.” Scooter said. “There’s a hover bike in Hangar 4. That’s our only ticket for a clean escape.”

“But what about everyone else in the facility?” Kermit inquired.

“If this Gonzo’s only looking for us, then he’ll sense our disappearance from the facility and leave, without harming anyone else.” Scooter assumed, and Kermit looked a little impressed.

“For someone who hates mutants, you sure know a lot about their tactics.” He complimented.

“When you’ve spent so much time with a powerful military group, you learn a thing or two about…” Scooter stopped talking when he came near the sliding door that they entered through and realized that it wasn’t automatically opening like it was supposed to. “Digit, this is not the time to be playing around! Open this door!”

“It’s not me, Scooter.” Digit said. “Our mutant intruder is the one controlling the facility’s systems.” That’s when Digit’s eyes started glowing in a yellowish color and looked towards Kermit, Robin, and Scooter. “And me, too.” Before the three could move an inch, Digit fired a bizarre beam that hit their bodies, freezing them in place as they glowed in the same yellowish color. “I’m so sorry.”

It wasn’t long before the “Dark Gonzo” had reached the area, melting the mechanical door away to allow himself inside. The dark blue hood that he wore over his head obscured his face, but his nose was the only part of it that was sticking out. However, his nose was not in the same usual hooked shape anymore; it was straight and sharp as a knife, giving it a fierce, deadly look. The “Dark Gonzo” pointed his left index finger at Digit and made a slight circular shape with it, and the next thing the S.H.I.E.L.D. android knew, his head was backwards.

“Ho, on! Tahw evah uoy enod ot em?!?!” Digit cried, with his speech corrupted to where he could only speak backwards. “Uoy lliw yap rof siht!!”

The “Dark Gonzo” grinned at what he had done to Digit, right before he turned his attention to the frozen Kermit, Robin, and Scooter, who weren’t aware of his presence. He held his right hand up at them and used one of his amazing abilities to shatter the forcefield around them that caused them to freeze and glow. The three screamed horrifically, as their bodies split into millions of pieces that were sucked right into the right hand of the “Dark Gonzo.” The corrupted weirdo then looked up at the ceiling, which tore away and revealed the blue, cloudy sky, allowing himself to fly away from the scene.

“Dluoc enoemos hctarcs ym eson esaelp?”

END OF CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Whoa... So much to soak in... Dark Gonzo? And what about the WITCH girls? And what about Peter, Angelica, and the other Gonzo?
And which one's the real one?

Hope for more soon. BTW: You do know about the special end scene right?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Whoa... So much to soak in... Dark Gonzo? And what about the WITCH girls? And what about Peter, Angelica, and the other Gonzo?
And which one's the real one?
"Dark Gonzo" is the complete opposite of the Gonzo that we all know and love. He's more wild, more bizarre, and has a massive taste for utter destruction. Not even the Phoenix herself could stop him, even if she wanted to.:concern:

Of course, I won't reveal yet which is the real Gonzo. And as far as the WITCH girls go, they're with Jareth and the Brotherhood now. And the next chapter will explain more about what happened to Peter and Angelica.

And the other Gonzo....well...you'll see.:wink:

The Count said:
Hope for more soon. BTW: You do know about the special end scene right?
Oh, yes. I made sure that my brother and I stayed after the credits.:smile:

And all I can say is that whether or not there will be an "X4", everyone here on Muppet Central can be 100% certain that this won't be the last X-Men/Muppets adventure that I'll write.