The MARVELOUS Muppets: "And He'll Stand With..."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh good. Well, could jot down what I remember from following these stories regarding the two Gonzos... Not sure if you want me to, might spill over into confusion world.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Oh good. Well, could jot down what I remember from following these stories regarding the two Gonzos... Not sure if you want me to, might spill over into confusion world.
It's okay with me. I don't think I'd be all that confused, since I wrote the story.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I hate to double post, but I figured this news was important enough to be posted separately from my previous one.

As I had told everyone, my next story after this one will be based on the next summer blockbuster, Superman Returns. Well, after talking with my brother (the comic book expert) about the story, I'd gotten some ideas of what I might do for the DC Universe with the characters from Sesame Street.

My next series will be called "Sesame, DC" and it'll be less moody and dark than "The MARVELOUS Muppets" series (it should be, considering the Muppets in SS are aristocrats compared to our basic Muppets--i.e. Gonzo, Piggy, Fozzie, etc.) The series will center on certain SS residents and their relations to DC superheroes. For example, in the Superman Returns story that'll be doing, Big Bird has a history with the Man of Steel, when his alter ego (Clark Kent) was just a teenager!

My brother gave me the bright idea to have Oscar the Grouch connect with the "unhappy" Gotham City, thus giving him a relation with the brooding hero known as Batman. I wasn't exactly sure how I should put any Sesame Street characters in Gotham, until I remembered how grouchy Oscar always is and how well he'll fit in Gotham City.:grouchy:

I might start working on the Superman/Sesame Street as soon as June 2nd (this Friday) to hopefully tie-in with the release of Superman Returns on June 30th.

But, back to the Marvel/Muppets Universe that I've been setting up since August, this "Marvelous Muppets" story might be the last one that I'll do for a while, since I'll be focusing on working up a DC/Sesame Street Universe and revising the "Muppets of the Caribbean" story that I was working on months ago.

However, when I do get back to working on the Marvel/Muppets stories, the series' title will transform from "The Marvelous Muppets" to "The Marvelous Creature Shop", because I'll be attempting to work in characters from Henson-related products like Labyrinth and Farscape and partnering them with the darkest characters in Marvel history, like The Punisher, Blade, Daredevil, and a guy that we'll be hearing a lot about come February of 2007, Ghost Rider.

Anyway, more of "And He'll Stand With..." to come.:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... I'll be looking forward to wahtever you pen Sean. Though maybe a more obvious Gotham/Sesame tie-in would be my own namesake... A guy who likes bats, has mastery over the supernatural, drives a bat-influenced Countmobile...
Maybe Oscar would be a better fit with some other DC franchise character, but it's your call.

As far as the X-Muppets crossover...
Real Gonzo: Left the Happiness Hotel to find Professor Xavier, got taken in by Herbie and the Disney/KH crew, fell out of the VW over the cliffs, got nursed back to health at the base of Lake Alkali by the Foster's gang... Then awoke with Pyro standing over him, welcomed into the Brotherhood, and I guess would now be Dark Gonzo?

Gonzo Clone: Left the mansion after the events of X-Men 2, was spotted at Pete's Diner, went back to the Happiness Hotel with Kermit and Peter and Angelica, bumped into Frankie from Foster's and got taken to their mansion... Kermit attempted to rescue him, Spidey went with him, SHIELD goons showed up forcing Angelica and Robin to go into the Foster's manor, and then the big explosion blasting Spidey and Firestar and Gonzo Clone to the bushes below... Peter and Angelica drove him back to the Happiness Hotel, the fight with Sweetums and Doglion Beast while Gonzo Clone was taken into a realm of his own consciousness by Uber-Gonzo.
Pretty much sums up where we stand.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... I'll be looking forward to wahtever you pen Sean. Though maybe a more obvious Gotham/Sesame tie-in would be my own namesake... A guy who likes bats, has mastery over the supernatural, drives a bat-influenced Countmobile...
Maybe Oscar would be a better fit with some other DC franchise character, but it's your call.
Didn't think of that one either!:excited:

Maybe I can have both The Count and Oscar go to Gotham.

The Count said:
As far as the X-Muppets crossover...
Real Gonzo: Left the Happiness Hotel to find Professor Xavier, got taken in by Herbie and the Disney/KH crew, fell out of the VW over the cliffs, got nursed back to health at the base of Lake Alkali by the Foster's gang... Then awoke with Pyro standing over him, welcomed into the Brotherhood, and I guess would now be Dark Gonzo?

Gonzo Clone: Left the mansion after the events of X-Men 2, was spotted at Pete's Diner, went back to the Happiness Hotel with Kermit and Peter and Angelica, bumped into Frankie from Foster's and got taken to their mansion... Kermit attempted to rescue him, Spidey went with him, SHIELD goons showed up forcing Angelica and Robin to go into the Foster's manor, and then the big explosion blasting Spidey and Firestar and Gonzo Clone to the bushes below... Peter and Angelica drove him back to the Happiness Hotel, the fight with Sweetums and Doglion Beast while Gonzo Clone was taken into a realm of his own consciousness by Uber-Gonzo.
Pretty much sums up where we stand.

And you're pretty much correct.:smile:

Only how do we know if the roles haven't been reversed by one little part that I didn't include in the Epilogue of the first X-Men/Muppets story that I'd done? It could be "The Real Gonzo" that left the X-Mansion after X2's events and the "Gonzo Clone" that has been wreaking havoc amongst the SHIELD crew.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It does... But since none of that possibility was posted, I'm going by what you've told us in these tales. Until you definitively tell us by including some sort of post-datum, it's off the table, existing in your possibility writer's mind.

And I was thinking about the SS DC teamups... Yeah, guess Oscar could tag along to Gotham, though SS is in NYC... And NYC is essentially Gotham, one of the old names for the city so nice they named it twice.
Maybe Oscar would be a kind of conscience for the Joker or something like that... But I thought about it, and it made more sense to team Oscar with John Jones aka Man Martian Hunter. Misunderstood outcasts, both green-toned borderline observers of the rest of humanity... Could work that way.
Your call, just some suggestions.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
It does... But since none of that possibility was posted, I'm going by what you've told us in these tales. Until you definitively tell us by including some sort of post-datum, it's off the table, existing in your possibility writer's mind.

And I was thinking about the SS DC teamups... Yeah, guess Oscar could tag along to Gotham, though SS is in NYC... And NYC is essentially Gotham, one of the old names for the city so nice they named it twice.
Maybe Oscar would be a kind of conscience for the Joker or something like that... But I thought about it, and it made more sense to team Oscar with John Jones aka Man Martian Hunter. Misunderstood outcasts, both green-toned borderline observers of the rest of humanity... Could work that way.
Your call, just some suggestions.
Okay, I have a lot of "marvelous" news to tell you all. But, first, let me respond to Count's comment.:smile:

Yeah, it's cool if you go by what I've told in the tales, because the answer to who's the real Gonzo does exist only in my mind.

And SS isn't in NYC in the "Sesame, DC" continuity; it lies in the heart of Metropolis, right near the Daily Planet. So, if The Count and Oscar go to Gotham, then they'll be going to a completely different city and not anywhere near Metropolis.

It would be interesting if Oscar played the role of conscience to The Joker, yet it could be dangerous for the Grouch as well. And I'm not too familiar with the Martian Manhunter, but I do agree that it would be an excellent side-story in a future "Sesame, DC" story.:wink:

-----------

But, back on the "marvelous" news that I wanted to tell everyone about.....

I just got some news about the third Spider-Man movie that has gotten me extremely excited. But I won't say anything about it, because I don't want to get anyone into trouble over revealing information that might or might not be 100% true.

I can say, however, that since Sandman (a "Spidey" villian that I've gotten to know through the comics and really interested in seeing) is going to be in the film, the next Spider-Man/Muppets story that I'll do will alter the events set up in The Great Muppet Caper, as Flint Marko (Sandman's real name) is now a conspirator in the "Baseball Diamond" case that Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo covered for their other newspaper in the early-80s.

I guess I'll use the same formula for the "X-Muppet" series, just using flashbacks to describe events that happened in the "untold" second Spidey/Muppets story and hoping that whatever I put in the prelude to Spider-Man 3 will connect with some of the movie's continuity.

I'll explain more later.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If you want to know Martian Man Hunter's persona... Would advise you get yourself some of the Justice League animated series, not sure if there's any on DVD at the moment though there could be.
Hope for more story whenever you can also.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... If you want to know Martian Man Hunter's persona... Would advise you get yourself some of the Justice League animated series, not sure if there's any on DVD at the moment though there could be.
Hope for more story whenever you can also.
I've been thinking of collecting some episodes after watching the Series Finale of JLA: Unlimited. (Really great show, BTW!:smile: )

And I should get some more story in as soon as I finish the first chapter of the SS/Superman story.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, I haven't finished on the first chapter of the SS/Supes story, but I do have another chapter for this X-Men/Muppets story.

Also, I think I'm going to see X-Men: The Last Stand again tomorrow with my mom and sister, so maybe I'll come up with some more ideas for the story.:smile:

Chapter Fifteen

Fifteen hours ago, one of the neighbors that lived near the Happiness Hotel called the fire department, just as soon as it had collapsed. When the firemen arrived at the scene, they had discovered the unconscious body of Peter Parker and the nude but unharmed and conscious body of Angelica Jones lying somewhere beneath the huge pile of rubble. Immediately, the two were taken to the nearest hospital in that area and treated for any injures they might’ve sustained. Angelica was given a blue tracksuit to wear in place of the clothes that had been burnt off of her, and when the doctors found no visible injures on her, she went to Peter Parker’s hospital room.

Angelica nearly wept when she saw how Peter was lying in the hospital bed, hooked up to several machines and bandaged in areas of his body that had been damaged the most, including his head. Though he had great powers, he was still a human being that was fairly fragile, and Angelica felt very guilty that he had to be a victim to her remarkable power. She sat next to him on the left side of his bed and held his hand, watching his immobile face carefully for any sign of consciousness.

“I’m sorry, Pete.” Angelica said. “I didn’t mean for this to happen to you. I just…I just never felt that powerful in my whole life. I mean, when that fire surrounded me in that boiler room…it…it was almost like something out of the dreams that I had…where I’m flying higher than a kite.” While Angelica was talking to the unconscious Peter, she failed to notice the small figure that was hovering outside the window behind her. It was Wembley, using his mutant power to fly over to the window and peek at the two people inside.

“Found her.” Wembley murmured, just before he lowered himself back down on the ground, regrouping with his Fraggle friends as they stood in a dim alleyway. “She’s inside the hospital, just where the Professor told us she’d be.”

“Good job, Wembley.” Gobo said.

“We should be telling that to you, Gobo.” Mokey uttered.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“Well, if you hadn’t decided for us to turn to Professor Xavier for help when no one else would, after the Brotherhood brainwashed every other mutant, we’d be completely lost.” Boober replied.

“I figured it was a brilliant idea, since he’s helped other lost mutants.” Gobo said. “I just hope he’s right about the mutant inside this hospital being the perfect one to help us stop Magneto, the Brotherhood, and that new ‘Class 5’ mutant that he has recruited.”

“No one can stop a ‘Class 5’ mutant!” Red exclaimed. “That’s way too powerful!”

“The Professor thinks the one in there can.” Gobo said, just before he turned to Wembley. “Okay, Wembley…take me up.” Wembley nodded in reply and put his arms around Gobo, right before he lifted the Fraggle off the ground and back up to the window. Once they were near it, Gobo slightly knocked on the window in an attempt to attract Angelica’s attention. Fortunately, Angelica heard the tapping and turned her attention to the window, seeing Gobo and Wembley hovering outside.

“What on earth…?!” Angelica said, as she walked over to the window and opened it, allowing Wembley and Gobo to fly into the room and land right in the chair that Angelica had been sitting on. Angelica looked very amazed, as she watched the two Fraggles stand on the chair, which seemed gigantic to such small creatures like them. “What…What the heck’s going on here?!”

“We’ve come to ask for your help, Angelica Jones.” Gobo said, and Angelica was even more amazed that he knew who she was.

My help?” She said, and she chuckled a little. “I don’t have a clue what you little guys are. How am I supposed to help creatures that I’m not even familiar with?”

“We’re mutants…just like you.” Wembley told Angelica, who very much believed that they were. “But we’re of a distinct type.”

“We’re known as Fraggles.” Gobo said, and Angelica just smiled, seeming to be very impressed by the two creatures before her. “We were sent by the powerful Professor Xavier in a desperate plea for help, in order to stop Magneto, the Brotherhood, and their newest member, Dr. Jean Grey.” Angelica had quickly gone from being impressed to confused.

“Dr. Grey? She’s practically on the same team with Charles Xavier.” Angelica said, just before she realized some information that was probably important for her to bring up in the conversation. “And didn’t Dr. Grey die in that Alkali Lake incident?”

“Well, if she did, then the person walking around must be her ghost,” Gobo said, “Because she’s alive and causing complete chaos.”

“She killed a member of her own X-Men team—a guy named Cyclops.” Wembley informed, and that’s when Angelica took the situation more seriously, surprised to hear what such a peaceful mutant like Jean Grey had done.

“She’s no longer the Jean Grey that we all know.” Gobo told Angelica. “According to Professor Xavier, when she supposedly drown in Alkali Lake, she unleashed a powerful split-personality that Jean called ‘Phoenix’—a persona that the Professor contained somewhere in the deepest regions of Dr. Grey’s mind, using telepathic blocks. But now the Phoenix is out, and she must be stopped.”

“But there is no possible way to stop a ‘Class 5’ mutant.” Wembley remarked, and Gobo shushed him, while Angelica was chuckling nervously.

“I can’t believe this.” She uttered. “Out of all the mutants in the world, Xavier wants me to help him stop the most powerful one of all. I wonder why.”

“Because he knows how powerful you are, Angelica.” Gobo said. “It takes one powerful mutant to stop another.”

“But I’m not a ‘Class 5’ mutant. I’m not sure if I’m even a ‘Class 1’ mutant either!” Angelica said. “Look, I’m flattered that Xavier and his X-Men want me to help them stop Jean Grey, Phoenix, or whoever she is,” She moved back over to Peter Parker, who was still lying unconscious in the hospital bed, “But I’ve already put enough friends in danger.” Gobo focused his attention on Peter Parker and looked back at Angelica, with a smile.

“I’m sure Spider-Man forgives you for what happened back in the Happiness Hotel, Angelica.” Gobo said, and both Angelica and Wembley looked at the Fraggle in surprise.

“How…How did you…?” Angelica stammered.

“Gobo,” Wembley said, “Since when have you become a telepath?!”

“Professor Xavier found a secret power in me that I never in my whole life knew that I had.” Gobo replied. “He found that I can do several things with people’s minds, from creating illusions to manipulating brainwaves.”

“Why, I don’t believe that, Gobo.” said Wembley, who was usually the one to agree with everyone, but he seemed to be in a disagreeing mood at that moment. “There’s no way a mutant Fraggle like you can have more than one ability! You are wrong, Professor Xavier is wrong, and…and…” He stopped and realized what he was saying and doing. “…And I’m not wembling! How is that possible? I hate disagreeing and arguing with anyone. Oh, I’m sorry, Gobo.”

“It’s okay, Wembley.” Gobo said. “Because I manipulated your mind to where you didn’t have to agree with me and argued against my beliefs.” Wembley was impressive, and Angelica was as well.

“That is awesome, Gobo!” Wembley exclaimed.

“The Professor believes it is important for me to use this power wisely, because there is a mutant out there that can…” Before Gobo could finish, his newfound powers kicked in unexpectedly, as he sensed an approaching presence. “Oh, no.”

“What’s wrong, Gobo?” Wembley asked.

“He’s coming.” replied Gobo, who had a very eerie expression on his face, as he looked towards the door. “Jareth’s coming.”

“Who’s Jareth?” Angelica queried.

“The mutant that Professor Xavier warned me about.” Gobo said. “He’s the reason the Professor tapped into my secret powers, because he knew that I’d be the only one that could stop him from manipulating you, Angelica.”

“What does he want with me?” Angelica inquired, even though it was obvious enough to her that everyone wanted her power on their side.

“Jareth’s a member of Magneto’s Brotherhood, and he’s already used his manipulative powers to convert five special girls to his team as well.” Gobo explained. “If he were to get you to stand with him and the Brotherhood, then Homo sapiens everywhere will be doomed for sure, because no one will be able to stop the combined forces of the Phoenix, the Firestar, and the mutant that calls himself the ‘Dark Gonzo’.” Hearing Gonzo’s name made Angelica’s eyes grow wide, as she recalled how he had disappeared from the grasps of both her and Peter. However, it shocked her that Gonzo was now a member of Magneto’s Brotherhood.

“Gonzo?” She murmured, placing her left hand near her opened mouth. “Do you know where he is?”

“I-I-I-It’s probably best if you don’t know where he is, Miss Jones.” Wembley said.

“But I have to!” Angelica yelled. “Do you know how close we were to him, just before he vanished out of nowhere?!” She began to feel herself getting a little angry; and the angrier she became, the more the room became unbelievably warm. “And now you’re telling me that he’s with that terrorist Magneto and his stupid Brotherhood?!” Wembley felt himself getting very hot and sweating, while Gobo just stood where he was, unaffected by the heat and still staring at the door.

“Calm down, Miss Jones. I’m sure we can get him back.” Wembley said, and he turned to the serene Gobo. “Right, Gobo?”

“Jareth’s not in the room yet, and he’s already manipulating Angelica’s mind.” Gobo uttered, and though Wembley didn’t understand what he meant, he pretended as if Gobo hadn’t said it.

“Gobo, tell Miss Jones that you can use your new powers to get Gonzo back.” Wembley demanded, as his hair became soaked from the heavy amounts of sweat that was pouring out of his head. “Tell her, before this room turns into a sauna.”

“Don’t you understand, Wembley?” Gobo said, turning his attention away from the door and towards Wembley. “The Gonzo that the Brotherhood has isn’t the real Gonzo.”

“You mean he has a dual personality, too?” Wembley said.

“No.” Gobo remarked, just as the door to the room shook violently, startling Gobo, Wembley, and Angelica. “Gonzo’s not even a mutant, Wembley. He’s just an alien that’s experiencing a cosmic anomaly. And he’s used his temporary powers to create a clone of himself that Magneto and Jareth have manipulated into a killing machine.”

“Then where is the real Gonzo?” Wembley asked.

“That’s what I would like to know!!” Angelica screamed, right before the shaking door broke off its hinges and fell to the floor, allowing Jareth, Sweetums, Doglion, and the W.I.T.C.H. girls to enter. But once they stepped foot in the room, all they noticed was Peter Parker lying in the bed (still unconscious) and how the room had gone back to being cool.

“Hey! I thought I heard voices in here!” Sweetums exclaimed.

“Where did everybody go?” Doglion asked, as Jareth’s eyes darted towards the window that Wembley and Gobo had entered through, and he sensed that the two Fraggles had made escape through that same window with Angelica in tow, just as soon as they busted into the room. The manipulative mutant also sensed something in the Fraggle known as Gobo…something “different.”

“Smart move, Xavier.” Jareth uttered, with a wicked grin on his face and an eerie glare in his eyes. “Very smart move.”

END OF CHAPTER FIFTEEN