The Celebrity Look-Alikes Thread

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Do you ever get mistaken for a famous athlete? Does your friend have a strong resemblance to a popular author? Could you have sworn you saw your teacher in a music video? Well, this is the thread for you! This is just a place to discuss any celebrities that resemble people you know, be they actors, singers, cartoon characters, or otherwise.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People have told me that I look like a young Jim Carrey... but that I do NOT see. I think I look more like a young Ron Lester before he had bypass surgery.

As for fictional characters, I might as well be the real life Radar O'Reilly.

As for cartoon characters... give Mikey from Recess a pair of glasses, and voila.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I don't really look like any celebrities I can think of offhand, but for the first few months of sixth grade, I sat next to a boy that strongly resembles the kid from the "Total Eclipse of the Heart" music video.
(4 minutes 57 seconds or so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA)

Kiki

Reaction score
Eh, my cousin used to say I looked like Avril Lavigne, but that's only because I had a similar hairstyle to her's (straight, brown hair- but mine was much longer). Oh- and just today in studio arts two of my friends were looking through my folio and thought a picture of Marianne Faithfull was me (she was in there because I had half a dozen pages on 60s icons). O_O I mean, it's a compliment, kinda... ish, but I have brown hair and I don't have the big-ish lips. They told me it was the hair (hrrm, but mine is longer. Must be the fringe, then) and the face shape. Huh.

dwmckim

Reaction score
When i was in my teens and 20's, i used to be told i looked like all sorts of people on a constant basis - i usually didn't agree but every now and then i'd get one i could see. I haven't had that happen for several years now but it would happen all the time when i was younger. I often would hear Steve Martin, Jason Bateman, Elvis, Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode (after hearing that a couple times, i got a haircut like him 1985 era and REALLY heard it over and over when i camped out for Depeche Mode tickets - i often have been told i sound like him too...same with Elvis), both Nick Rhodes and Simon LeBon (one of my best friends in high school thought EVERY boy she found attractive was a cross between (Duran member #1) and (Duran member #2) so i was "a cross between Nick and Simon". What's really funny is about five years before i started watching and getting hooked on One Life to Live, i had some people tell me i looked like "Max from One Life to Live" (James DePaiva). Then when i became an OLTL addict in college, i kind of saw it but then when i got some late 80's tapes via tape trades then i could see why i used to get it a lot back then. When Farscape first started, i got a lot of Ben Browder's since he looked a bit different in the first episodes then he would later on. I also got my hair cut like his to emphasize it - but that was also the year i gained a lot of weight due to severe depression/bronchitis ruining my voice - so after a year, that ended. Havn't really got many "you look like"'s since.

Kiki

Reaction score
^ Ha, that's SO cool! :3

APRena

Reaction score
Since I was little, my grandmother has told me I look like Gilda Radner (or rather one of her characters, I forget which... the nerd, lulz.) Having seen her episode of TMS, I have NO problem with this. :big_grin:

Speaking of Recess, there's a kid in my science class that looks like a darker haired Gus.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Since I was little, my grandmother has told me I look like Gilda Radner (or rather one of her characters, I forget which... the nerd, lulz.)
Lisa Loopner was the name of Gilda's nerd character.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My hair makes me look like Moe Howard, but without the second bananas to smack around.

dwmckim

Reaction score
My hair makes me look like Moe Howard, but without the second bananas to smack around.
Well then you need to find yourself some second bananas then don't you? Or at least some banana cream pies. Or best of all banana cream pies to smack your second bananas with.