The birth of new muppet fans?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Which is why we NEED the Fraggles & motivational character franchises like 'em to tell us to remember what we learned as children: To respect others by being kind, to keep the magic alive in your heart, and to be logically-sound (so as to appear reasonably intelligent) but still free-spirited enough to enjoy life and it simple pleasures for what it all means to be what we are.
Like watching laundry dry with Boober :coy:. My family actually had a cloths line, I would stare at it *lol*

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Like watching laundry dry with Boober :coy:. My family actually had a cloths line, I would stare at it *lol*
That too. Or swimming, exploring, being artsy, or what have you. XD

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I tend to just stare at things for no reason. It keeps me occupied :zany:

one day I was admiring our water cooler (you know, those big water dispenser things in doctor offices that usually have those neat cone shaped cups). Now who does that remind you of? lol :sing:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
As someone wise once said, "Growing old may be mandatory, but growing up is optional" & this certainly true for those who never let their inner child leave their memories or let the magic leave their heart. ^_^

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
thats what my dad always tells me, you have to get old, but you never have to grow up

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Jim and Walt certainly knew what they were doing when they created all the characters we've come to love, for they certainly didn't grow up too much (I mean, yes, they were businessmen too, but they had a passion for their product and realized that the product could be universal, regardless of age or what have you).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
but even Micky Mouse and friends are now becoming the icons of toddlers and preschoolers

Redsonga

Reaction score
That too. Or swimming, exploring, being artsy, or what have you. XD
I...I can't swim. My ma dropped me in the deep end and I clawed my way up the lip to the shallow one and that was the end of that :stick_out_tongue:.

But people are always saying the more simple innocent times are behind us, even when I was little..Yet I grew up playing in the woods and making mud bricks and frog hunting and sliding down the metal cellar door...

I think the ability to love the simple and magical is always there and will always be there, it's just now you have to willingly go find it and let go of the land of the media and the newest cell phone that let's you talk to china at two am..and a lot the next generation is being trained, nearly brainwashed in fact, to believe they can't do without that and whatever no-soul tv show that is popular now that FR and the muppets put to shame :\...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
just now you have to willingly go find it and let go of the land of the media and the newest cell phone that let's you talk to china at two am..and a lot the next generation is being trained, nearly brainwashed in fact, to believe they can't do without that and whatever no-soul tv show that is popular now that FR and the muppets put to shame :\...
I was going to say that but I couldnt figure out how to word it right. I think thats one of the main problems with today :sympathy: the media just brainwashes people

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
or from the generations after us, who say that the stuff we've enjoyed over the years has faded with time.
That's when you know you're getting up there and out of touch the the youth people.:boo:

And sadly, those are The Facts of Life for many generations. Where did it all go wrong?
Did you say The Facts Of Life?

I think thats one of the main problems with today :sympathy: the media just brainwashes people
That, and also just plain trying to remove things out of peoples memory.