The birth of new muppet fans?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Agreed. It seems--sadly--that we get attacked for simply being the fans we are, whether the attacks come from the generations before us, who say we need to grow up, or from the generations after us, who say that the stuff we've enjoyed over the years has faded with time.
But the magic is there, and it's still there and..well, not being able to see it is just sad to me :sympathy:

Redsonga

Reaction score

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
yeah...even though I did enjoy the Muppets Wizard of Oz, it really didnt do much to bring the muppets back. It just enforced the idea that the muppets are for kids...

We need people to realize that no matter how old ou are, you are never too old to enjoy them

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The same applies to other characters & franchises, too, and not just Henson's creations. I mean, it's funny...We're told to be proud of who we are when we're young, but then, as we grow, we're told to cast that away and conform to what society thinks, even if society's quickly going to a certain hot place in a handbasket.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The same applies to other characters & franchises, too, and not just Henson's creations. I mean, it's funny...We're told to be proud of who we are when we're young, but then, as we grow, we're told to cast that away and conform to what society thinks, even if society's quickly going to a certain hot place in a handbasket.
A book title I made up for a fanfic one day, I don't know if it is right from this debate but:
All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten, Had Reinforced in Grade School, Was Embarrassed of in Middle School, Had Beaten Out of Me In High School, Relearned in College, and Forgot In Old Age.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I dunno, I really don't...:sympathy:
Which is why we NEED the Fraggles & motivational character franchises like 'em to tell us to remember what we learned as children: To respect others by being kind, to keep the magic alive in your heart, and to be logically-sound (so as to appear reasonably intelligent) but still free-spirited enough to enjoy life and it simple pleasures for what it all means to be what we are.