The birth of new muppet fans?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Us, geeky...in-between people that never grow old or are still young.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Some of the reason that people believe the muppets are for kids is...well...sesame street. Since sesame street is still going strong, people automaticallyh associate muppets with sesame street.

But I also think that if people are exposed to the muppets young, and not just sesame street, then I think they have a better understanding that the muppets are for everyone.

I grew up with a muppet fan (my dad) so obviously I was exposed to the muppets at a young age. me and my dad would watch the muppet show on tv when it was on re-runs. Of course, I really dont remember anything I watched, but thats besides the point.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. But it's clear that many people seem to have forgotten just how entertaining they really are to state the obvious.:stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. But it's clear that many people seem to have forgotten just how entertaining they really are to state the obvious.:stick_out_tongue:
Agreed. People have "grown up" past what they enjoyed & only care about the almighty currency.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Agreed. People have "grown up" past what they enjoyed & only care about the almighty currency.
There's a lot of truth to that. But I think some people just think that their higher then a bunch of silly looking puppets. But I think their cool!:big_grin:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
There's a lot of truth to that. But I think some people just think that their higher then a bunch of silly looking puppets. But I think their cool!:big_grin:
As a Henson fan, ditto. Puppetry and animation have their places in the world, too.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think CG has it's place to. It just shouldn't be used ad a replacement for everything else.:stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
all forms of entertainment have thier place in the world. It just seems lately that just the whole art of puppetry for EVERYONE, not just kids, is fading out.

Now, I have nothing against CG. I just think that if you dont have to use it, dont use it. I just dont buy the realism in CG, It just doesnt blend well with live action. Like horror movies. Nowadays they just dont seem scary cause I can tell its CG, but older movies are much scarier since they had to find real ways to make these thing work, resulting in much more realistic things.

Redsonga

Reaction score
ME!:excited:
We should have, like, an official club or something. One of those international organizations:smile:. Where it doesn't just get labeled something you need mental help for :coy:
Make no mistake when I have a baby they are going to be raised on Fraggles , Muppets , and the older SS. I have enough of a mind of my own to be one of those parents that knows that whatever they have on tv at the moment is not always the best thing for a little one just because it is there, and new and shiny , and everyone else lets their kids watch it :stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
ME!:excited:
We should have, like, an official club or something. One of those international organizations:smile:. Where it doesn't just get labeled something you need mental help for :coy:
Agreed. It seems--sadly--that we get attacked for simply being the fans we are, whether the attacks come from the generations before us, who say we need to grow up, or from the generations after us, who say that the stuff we've enjoyed over the years has faded with time.